Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
Great post. This guy (or gal) knows his stuff!

The type of UCC pitch I like to use relies on trying to establish familiarity and rapport from the first few seconds. Tonality and cadence is incredibly important. You need to overwhelm his initial resistance with friendliness and charisma:

"Hi Tom, this is Archie from Jumpstart Capital (spoken in a very high energy, upbeat, familiar tone). I spoke to you a few months ago (they get hundreds of calls so he probably won't remember anyway) about financing for your business. You weren't in the market but you told me to follow up around this time. I'm just checking in to see if you're ready to look at some new programs. How's everything going?"

Notice how there was no question about refinancing or needing cash. No "Yes" or "No" questions. This is a very soft sell where you are offering some options for him to look at. It's innocuous and very non-threatening. Who doesn't like to look at options? The goal is to engage the prospect and build familiarity immediately to elicit more information about his business. This will provide the clues on how to structure your interaction and where to lead the conversation.

As FundingStrategist said, you're the Funding Pro so don't pigeon hole yourself as being one of those cash advance guys. You have to offer a variety of funding options, ranging from short-term to long-term programs, SBAs, business loans, etc. Your goal is to learn about the merchant's business and find the best product for his specific need. If you're a one-trick pony only offering MCAs, you'll find a lot of doors slamming in your face. Many of the UCC listings have had terrible experiences with MCAs so you better have alternatives for them. Whether or not they qualify for these alternatives is another story. The goal, however, is to get the completed application to see where the applicant's credit profile lies and then properly manage his expectations so you can close a deal.
Thank you, Archie! These are some really helpful points as well.

Rapport and Flexibility are key.

-FundingStrategist
https://fundingstrat.com