Outbound calling
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 24139

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    I do not care about it, I am making fun of it. I am in finance and my role is to bring sales in, recruit and train brokers, underwrite, hold the defaults down, renew, and bring in Investment Capital if I choose to

Technically python has design patterns SortedList, SortedDict, and SortedSet types. and it Developed from the C language

So if you know C python is easy to understand. Python is cleaner. In Data Science I have a preference for R. But again that's not my job or role. The fact that you trot out here to tell me about programming languages proves my point

Also ..Fortran is used in Quantitive analysis and Cobol ...hedge fundsAnd Cobol is still used at banks

Because people are salespeople and on the phone does not mean they do not understand computers or algorithms. Some have purposely painted this "dumbed down" version of an MCA broker. It isn't close to being true.no one wanted to hear people putting themselves on a fake pedestal these last years. It was horrible to listen to.you have no idea what some of the isos or brokers know or do not know. Just like you didn't know I knew it__ Python is easier than C...C is faster and more complex....one step down from machine language or binary

Python comes from C
    node = java
    php = C and C plus plus
    Ai = java , C , python, lisp

Python was hyped up and its a dying language its super slow has its niche and fights with ruby on rails** so they are not "high level" they are user-friendly versions of advance high-level programming languages not vice versa
    Where people get confused is they do not realize that what they think is the "higher advance program" is just an easier version of the original versions created so people can understand it or open source

Now that I proved my computer knowledge... let's grab those ucc lists or yellow pages and see who can close a sale from scratch
    which was the point of the post. Just because people are salespeople and use the phone or cold call do not mean they do not understand computers.So every single time people said to market a certain way and 1/2 of the people who are out of business responded: " well there are new ways to get sales and these new-fangled things called computers."...imagine what I was thinking

And the next time you say I do "computer science" say" computer programmer" as well ....programmers wrote the high-level programs you like so much
    The 80s say thank you. A programmer doesn’t offer a markup language as their example.
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    Founder & former CEO of Breakout Capital (sold to SecurCapital in 2019)
    www.breakoutfinance.com

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfairbank View Post
    The 80s say thank you. A programmer doesn’t offer a markup language as their example.
    I guess the joke went over your head ...I was comparing the hardest ...binary ...to a markup language which people are used to today ..or Wix in your example

I guess the tech thing annoys you. We are in Financial Services. I am proud to be a salesperson and great on the phone ( really proud of it too)

but here ya go ( ps. I am a Financial sales person balls to the wall cold caller....ill be gone for the next week, I will not be available to solve quadratic equations, and I was embarassed as a kid to be in the "big bang" theory classes because I was one of the cool kids. I guess I should be over it at this late stage in life)

LANGUAGES: “C”, COBOL 74&84, RPGII, ASSEMBLER
    OPERATING SYS. Include OS/ VSL, VM/CMS, VSAM, TCP Computer Programming Diploma and “ C Certificate COBOL, Assembler and Advanced Programming Concepts IBM Mainframes - Internals, VM/VSE/M
    Java, C, C++/CLI, Python, Visual C++, MySQL, J2EE, C, JavaScript, AngularJS, JQuery, Bootstrap, CSS/LESS/Sass, ActionScript, Perl, PHP, VB.Net, SQL Server, ASP.Net, HTML, XML, SAP, ActiveX, Unix, Linux, AIX, Windows Server , Mac OS X

__

And hedge funds are looking to put big money into cash advances so if everyone doesn't scream back door for the next few months we should all be rebounding
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-22-2018 at 08:43 PM.