Outbound calling
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by capaxess View Post
    I recently purchased new leads from Meridian (UCC with cell numbers) and I'm looking to see if anyone else is doing outbound calling to compare notes. The list are good numbers mostly but very churned with many, many hang-ups and "please stop calling" requests.

So far I've made 1650 dials (approximately 17 days) and added 57 new prospects to my pipeline (note: to me a prospect is someone who specifically asks for contact info and expresses verbally the intent to seek financing now or in the near future)

I consider these results to be pretty poor when compared to the amount of time and effort expended. These are exclusively cold calls; I also spend considerable time on follow-up calls, emails and texts.

Making calls from a home office in isolation has some advantages (like the commute!) but drawbacks include a lack of interaction with colleagues and exchange of methods and ideas.

I'm reaching out to the board (yes, especially you Karen) for feedback. I'm not where I thought I would be earnings-wise yet and I could sure use some guidance from the more experienced members here.

Thank you!
    Each Salesperson has different results with the same leads

It depends on your lead in questions to the call..and this is where sales ability comes in and the art of linguistics

if you ask yes or no questions or an open ended questions or questions to start the conversations off you will be told " take me off your list ", "i was called 100 times"

I probally typed how to conquer this about 10 times over the last 3 years...i am sure you can search for it

The proper sales scripts almost hypnotizes someone into a yes yes yes mode until you come down to the qualification then you choose if you want to move forward or hang up on them not you.. (dont really hang up...say 90 days or never)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-19-2018 at 08:05 AM.