Outbound calling - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMcGrath View Post
    She’s off, but actually she’ll be right back.

What she’s saying is you need to do a much better job on the first call, because your chances of being remembered ever again drop drastically when you get off that phone call. Too many people know Uccs are a great source for deals, and when the 10 people call after you, you’ll be vapor...and not the flavored kind.

Following up is great of course, but until you develop a working strategy or technique, using the tools you mentioned pits you against people who know what they’re doing and do it on a large scale with lots of resources behind them.

Basically, keep practicing and learning. Also keep in mind that your speed of learning and the level of knowledge you receive is usually proportionate to the value you bring to the person teaching you. Basically, paid advice is usually better than free advice, so if you can help someone make money, you’ll be better off faster.
    almost

higher level of learning

if you are really really good on the first phone call they do not talk to anyone else again( they give you a shot to do your stuff)...and if you do not nail it on the 1st call nail them down on the second

Senior Member Reputation points: 16117 capaxess's Avatar

Good advice, I do stay tight on the ones that express warm interest. There is always a potential that a second call will be needed because I need an app w/docs and they rarely if ever send them after the 1st call.

I understand there are competitors with greater resources and wiz bang tools I can't afford. They also have a big expenses and require far more in terms of closes than I do.

what would you say a good number of submissions is on a monthly basis for one caller (2400 dials/month plus follows) using UCC/MCA leads?

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by capaxess View Post
    Good advice, I do stay tight on the ones that express warm interest. There is always a potential that a second call will be needed because I need an app w/docs and they rarely if ever send them after the 1st call.

I understand there are competitors with greater resources and wiz bang tools I can't afford. They also have a big expenses and require far more in terms of closes than I do.

what would you say a good number of submissions is on a monthly basis for one caller (2400 dials/month plus follows) using UCC/MCA leads?

This doesn't help with the inability to to say the right thing off the top of the phone calls or middle ( shift) or bottom reverse to close

Everyone who is an expert can help you with that

It isn't just about number of dials...its what you say

or you can churn um and burn um you like...keep on dialling...get a bigger shredder

I am on auto-pilot at this point

( i actually went on auto piliot in 1980, when a lightbulb went off in my mind... then again 1987)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-19-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Karen37a
    It is a miracle that I am not a con artist

Because I do not like to harm people...merchants( even the con artist ones unless they default )...even con-artist isos/brokers coming at me

Have fun

__

The worst part of all of this is...EVERYONE would be able to sell off the top and close if they just STFU and dropped their egos

End of Thread
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-19-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Try calling accountants/attorneys as well. The numbers work in your favor. If you build a solid relationship with one accountant who does bookkeeping or any other services for 30-35 clients, then that "one" close could earn you a ton of business from their network. Something to think about.

Or you can sprinkle in email marketing as well. Buy Leadscrape for $99. You can easily scrape thousands of business emails for certain states and industries. Then check out woodpecker.co which is $40/month. With Woodpecker, it mimics sending out cold emails without you having to manually do it. You can import 5000 contacts, tell the system to send 1 email every 30 seconds for 9 hours 5 days a week and let it do the work for you. These aren't instant solutions, but your time is worth more than anything, and this can help.

It's tough to bootstrap your way to funding "millions", but you're putting in the time and effort, just get creative.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Financial View Post
    It's tough to bootstrap your way to funding "millions", but you're putting in the time and effort, just get creative.
    Technically I funded 1 million in my first month off of free leads/ uccs and used desks and refurbished computers

And if you give me a lead sheet uccs ... start from scratch 1 month 1 million funded. or die trying

it takes 90 days to get that pipeline grooving

People are looking for instant leads or inbound vs building a pipeline...that's the # 1 thing they are doing wrong

Also building this pipeline will counter the black box underwriting automated applications

A live trained broker will win over most* portals or the employee who is behind it
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-19-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Technically.

Karen37a
    Technically.
    I can close 1 million 1 month " technically" .. I also have bet people numerous time id close a sale by the 10th phone call and did it on one or 3 and 5 once

Its how you approach the person

think what you will

If 100 people say ...call me in 90 days...90 days from now you should have a hellava month "

( this is if they are not just blowing you off and they remember you) ...thats the 2nd phone call lock down

Your lead scraping and emails is a great "addition" to all this...just keep separate emails so you "technically" do not get confused between a real lead and a scaped one and follow the can spam acts etc

__

I also do not care really who is seeing this because massive competiton is coming from banks, paypal , kab, v/ mc, square, prosessing etc as I said before. I am trying to get to the business before they do...not grab someone stacked 5 times and stack again
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-19-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 58222

Technically.
    You won't believe the technical capacity required. Tittabytes of data. Yes, titta...

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMcGrath View Post
    You won't believe the technical capacity required. Tittabytes of data. Yes, titta...
    get on the phone lol

( also stop making computer jokes to a computer science major...sorry this isn't the answer people want)

01100111 01100101 01110100 00100000 01101111 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110000 01101000 01101111 01101110 01100101

this is how you say the above language in html

p get on the phone p
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-19-2018 at 04:15 PM.

I agree, I have started some targeting builder/contractor associations and networking through their internal marketing but I need to stay focused and not spread myself too thinly. Calling is a numbers game; time & effort are my most abundant assets right now.

Great stuff, thank you very much. I will definitely check out your suggestions. I'm trying to become more efficient and generate leads from multiple sources.

Karen37a
    I agree, I have started some targeting builder/contractor associations and networking through their internal marketing but I need to stay focused and not spread myself too thinly. Calling is a numbers game; time & effort are my most abundant assets right now.
    you asked for advice,..not to talk yourself back into what you are doing wrong

...fix your pitch ...you are going to be clipped off the top of the script and hung up on... smooth the entry

no grab um by the p...., 90-day pipeline, follow up follow up until they buy or die

have a great weekend

As a matter of fact I did think about and actually cold called CPA's for a while. I also reached out to heavy equipment sales reps, loan officers, medical billing companies (they are intimately connected to medical office revenue streams) and law offices to seek out referrals.

What I discovered is that I was spending an unacceptable amount of time "educating" and not prospecting. I did in fact get some referrals one of which came to contracts but backed out for $75K.

Since I'm trying to develop organic lead generation while maintaining outbound calls at a high level it makes more sense to spend that time ferreting out direct fundings from merchants.

Does anyone else on this board cold call UCC lists? I'd be interested to compare notes

Karen37a
    As a matter of fact I did think about and actually cold called CPA's for a while. I also reached out to heavy equipment sales reps, loan officers, medical billing companies (they are intimately connected to medical office revenue streams) and law offices to seek out referrals.

What I discovered is that I was spending an unacceptable amount of time "educating" and not prospecting. I did in fact get some referrals one of which came to contracts but backed out for $75K.

Since I'm trying to develop organic lead generation while maintaining outbound calls at a high level it makes more sense to spend that time ferreting out direct fundings from merchants.

Does anyone else on this board cold call UCC lists? I'd be interested to compare notes

You are not supposed to be "educating"... gl to you lol

You were in securities right? Series 7?

__

I only did this so funders can see what its like for us poor little ole Isos training people

maybe someone else picks up a hint or 3

10000 people later now you know why I am nuts
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-19-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Karen37a
    This is also where I normally say" I do not care what someone's opinion is "

numbers talk and bull**** walks

Do first then teach

That's great. Maybe those are the people worth setting up an email campaign for and focusing calls on merchants. Either way, you seem to be in the right direction. Sometimes it's dumb luck so keep pushing.

Karen37a
    That's great. Maybe those are the people worth setting up an email campaign for and focusing calls on merchants. Either way, you seem to be in the right direction. Sometimes it's dumb luck so keep pushing.
    Just making a point... everyone on the planet is emailing people and they do not even open their emails

And if they did...why would one email stand out over the other to make them say " hey this is the 1000th email i received for cash advanced let me call this one"

If you did not engage that person thru a cold call so they look for it and save it...waste of time. Or as a follow up to a conversation to someone who wants to talk with you again

And if it was so easy to send emails....We wouldn't get paid Rockstar commission, they would have a techie just sending them out or a salary of min wage worker

This is where someone says "define Rockstar commission"

Deja vu all over again

https://dailyfunder.com/showthread.p...tar+commission
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-19-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Karen37a
    https://dailyfunder.com/showthread.p...tar+commission

U
    ccs are not dead ( harder ), yellow pages always were horrible, SEO does not suck up the bulk of anyone's leads. in the end if you do not like the phone, it's almost impossible to make it long term;because no matter what, almost all marketing leads to an eventual phone call.

This is not a job; this is a career and it's only for the type of people( long term) who are going to charge up Mt Everest and when they are almost out of Oxygen keep on going.Take the hill or die trying.

Most brokers have no business opening a small Iso shop for all the reasons I stated over the last 2 years. It's best to get with a reputable ISO, if for anything ... mentorship in sales, strong TO closer on the back to close the deal in-house and to hold on to your renewals( stealing the saying" ninja account managers" ) or based off of larger production or syndication.

The # 1 thing that someone has to do to make it in this business is to be trainable. Listen to the advice ( and implement it ) of the people who went before you and survived and thrived (even if you do not like it.) You have to blindly walk forward until you see the light, not recreate strategies for success because the ones that are given are not to your liking.(Some of us old people have seen many highs lows and duplicate behavior)

# 2 Never quit. You get knocked down, get the hell back up and fight on. Do not go out in a body bag with those cold and timid souls who stand on the sidelines criticizing, the ones who never know real Victory or Defeat.

There are always going to be Bull Markets and Bear Markets. The real money isn't made at the high.

no fighting me see # 1

Life is going to give you whatever you expect. If you think you can or can't you are probably right.

You have to be Pulled towards your goal, not pushed.Conquering Fear of Failure, fear of success and rejection is part of sales and anything else worthwhile.( and most can't do it)

For things to improve you must improve. Before having any meaningful success you must develop an attitude of positive expectancy.

Success or Failure starts from your outlook. Your expectations of yourself are more important than what anyone thinks of you because it's a fact of life that people live up to their own expectations of themselves.

We all have our inner demons to conquer. Hanging out with happy, positive, successful people helps. Water seeks its own level. Karen

** and all real money is not made at the high...its made at the low for those who hang on and bounce back...see you at the top because the bottoms way too crowded **
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-19-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    I suggest you pm me your number and I will call you next week so I do not give out the "magic pitch" to the country and have more competition
    1:55 AM

Capaxess: hello?
    Karen: I teach them and the telemarking manager who cant sell hated my guts and still does!!!!!! While I was going into the manager office saying get them away from me and the tele manager yelling ...I am the telemarketing manager !!! ..I heard he is still yapping about me ...get over it
    Capaxess: karen, is that you?
    Karen: That was back in the 80s. I drank Tab !!!! A case of Tab a day !!!
    Capaxess: Karen, what are you talking about?
    Karen: The Key is you have 30 seconds to dazzle them to keep them on the phone for the next 30 seconds, then to the pitch Then logistic regression into a binary variable...there are independent variables but you must know categorical outputs you can ask a series of questions to determine the probability
    Capaxess: Thanks Karen. I need to get back to sleep.
    Karen: 01100111 01100101 01110100 00100000 01101111 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110000 01101000 01101111 01101110 01100101
    Capaxess: Why are you pressing the phone buttons??
    Karen: thats how you pitch them in html

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

So, what do you suggest?
    Don't overtly market MCAs. If everyone is overtly selling MCAs, show the business owner that you have more options for them. No business owner really wants a cash advance, they have dreams of a bank loan, bank line of credit, SBA loan, etc. so learn the language. Learn how to read and analyze income statements, balance sheets, A/R agings, etc.. Attempt to offer a global solution. Then, when you at least make it seem like to considered the lower-cost financing options, you sell the MCA. At that point you've created credibility with the business owner, and the sale is easy.

I'm not saying you have to spend weeks working the other options. Often, all you need to do is look at their income statements and balance sheet to see if they're capable to debt servicing the loan, and if there are assets on the balance sheet they can leverage. Takes about 1 minute to figure out if they're ineligible for bank financing, and you can then move on to selling the MCA. But becoming proficient in all commercial financing options, I think, is key.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    1:55 AM

Capaxess: hello?
    Karen: I teach them and the telemarking manager who cant sell hated my guts and still does!!!!!! While I was going into the manager office saying get them away from me and the tele manager yelling ...I am the telemarketing manager !!! ..I heard he is still yapping about me ...get over it
    Capaxess: karen, is that you?
    Karen: That was back in the 80s. I drank Tab !!!! A case of Tab a day !!!
    Capaxess: Karen, what are you talking about?
    Karen: The Key is you have 30 seconds to dazzle them to keep them on the phone for the next 30 seconds, then to the pitch Then logistic regression into a binary variable...there are independent variables but you must know categorical outputs you can ask a series of questions to determine the probability
    Capaxess: Thanks Karen. I need to get back to sleep.
    Karen: 01100111 01100101 01110100 00100000 01101111 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110000 01101000 01101111 01101110 01100101
    Capaxess: Why are you pressing the phone buttons??
    Karen: thats how you pitch them in html

West Coast thats how you pitch them in Binary code ..Assembly ...AI

dumb it down to html for the masses
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-19-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Great advice! Actually I don't lead with "advance' but "financing". The conversations many times are about equipment financing or term loans/LOC. You're right that it takes very little time to discern if they qualify.

The resistance to MCA isn't itself an issue because I always ask if they need "conventional" financing and that I can provide them with competitive term sheets. Thi week I submitted a RE deal to "Deal Bin" and received help right away.