First California Now NJ - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    Out of the Nj one?

Because Calif is a law.

I did ask in your opinion on how you feel that these regulations help??
    Yes out of the NJ bill.

There is still an annualized interest rate requirement in it. The bill is advancing. It made it through the committee. It has momentum.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    Yes out of the NJ bill.

There is still an annualized interest rate requirement in it. The bill is advancing. It made it through the committee. It has momentum.
    I still do not see how turning advances into loans...that have criminal usury caps on them helps anyone

Double dipping even from A paper will be banished which means more risk less profits

If there is a reason that I am not seeing..maybe you can explain it to me.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-15-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

I still do not see how turning advances into loans...that have criminal usury caps on them helps anyone

Double dipping even from A paper will be banished which means more risk less profits

If there is a reason that I am not seeing..maybe you can explain it to me.
    it isnt a good thing for us as an industry, this is going to screw us but this is better then if they had the APR language still in there.. I dont think anyone is saying this is good, just saying it is less bad then the alternative
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

On another note, SMH at Bizfund (formerly New Era) for blasting out an email, CCing a million people rather than BCC.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    it isnt a good thing for us as an industry, this is going to screw us but this is better then if they had the APR language still in there.. I dont think anyone is saying this is good, just saying it is less bad then the alternative
    Well I do recall alot of people ** edit saying regulation would be great for over 3 years now and people pushing for this

while I pushed against this...having 5-10 people saying that I do not want regulation because I cant get thru a background check

Well I do recall alot of people ** edit saying regulation would be great for over 3 years now and people pushing for this
    What people wanted was national regulation — especially to prevent the state by state piecemeal.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    What people wanted was national regulation — especially to prevent the state by state piecemeal.
    It doesnt work that way. and you need to be the first person to apologize...and I do not really care about 99% of the rest

Just like blue sky laws investments ...state by state

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_sky_law
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-15-2018 at 03:00 PM.

It doesnt work that way. and you need to be the first person to apologize...and I do not really care about 99% of the rest
    Yes, National regulation works. It’s much preferable to state by state. Apologize for what? You for getting your facts screwed up?

Senior Member Reputation points: 18667 jdlaw's Avatar

Doesn't make sense those that proudly claim they are 99%"s. It's like I'm a loser celebrate me....Huh
    You either win or you learn. The only failure is in quitting.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlaw View Post
    Doesn't make sense those that proudly claim they are 99%"s. It's like I'm a loser celebrate me....Huh
    99% of the 10 who were bugging me

Karen37a
    Yes, National regulation works. It’s much preferable to state by state. Apologize for what? You for getting your facts screwed up?
    Regulation sucks...that about sums it up...

I was right ...now for the rest of your life live with the fact that " Karen was right about regulation" lol

I wouldn't have fought so hard against it if I didn't know how bad it was

**says the Teflon Don who has a spotless financial licence history ..NASD/finra. insurance nmls since the 80s
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-15-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Just like blue sky laws investments ...state by state

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_sky_law
    Oh, no ****, Karen. But once you have federal regulation in place the state’s back off. But when there is NO regulation in place, and aren’t proactive in shaping the inevitable, you get stuck with a state by state mess.

Who’s shaping it now? Brain-dead populists and the banks protecting their loans from MCA-induced defaults.

99% of the 10 who were bugging me
    I have always been for federal regulation because I was scared of state by state laws that will require different contracts and different paperwork and disclosures depending on what stae it was in.. With a federal law would have been one set of rules across the board we would have adjusted and made it work.. State by state will be a slow bleed and a giant pain in the ass
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Karen37a
    I have always been for federal regulation because I was scared of state by state laws that will require different contracts and different paperwork and disclosures depending on what stae it was in.. With a federal law would have been one set of rules across the board we would have adjusted and made it work.. State by state will be a slow bleed and a giant pain in the ass
    it still isnt good

There is a way around this...they really cant turn a purchase of recievables into a loan

its like turning a chicken into a turkey

I think it will eventually be struck down

Like this took 3-5 years to KILL

Dol is officially dead
    https://www.investmentnews.com/artic...y-rule-is-dead

Trump rolls back Doody Frankenstien

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/24/trum...gulations.html
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-15-2018 at 03:11 PM.

they are not calling a purchases of receivables a loan they are just saying MCA will fall under this law
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Karen37a
    they are not call a purchases of receivables a loan they are just saying MCA will fall under this law
    I think it can be challenged

its like misclassifying "instalment loans" lines of credit ...credit cards etc

They are different vehicles

Regulators do not have a financial background they get confused ..toss their hands in the air and pass laws...it can be overturned

Karen37a
    Oh, no ****, Karen. But once you have federal regulation in place the state’s back off. But when there is NO regulation in place, and aren’t proactive in shaping the inevitable, you get stuck with a state by state mess.

Who’s shaping it now? Brain-dead populists and the banks protecting their loans from MCA-induced defaults.
    I agree with the brain dead populists part and them protecting banks

which is why I lead the charge against BANKS

Senior Member Reputation points: 340530

I will say this again....regulation in any part of capital markets is inevitable. They are put in place to protect the customer first, the stability of the markets, and then the stability of the market participants/institutions. Institutions are far better off with a federal regulation as it is easier to manage then regulations for each different state. Brokers and referral partner are better off with federal regulation as state regulation management comes with a higher cost to manage. If institutions are forced to manage regulations from each different state, the cost of managing the regulations will cut margins...thus forcing them to cut costs internally and to referral partners.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Karen37a
    https://www.elastic.com/?gcid=goobre...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Look at this.. A bank with cash advances charging 50%..

"flexible credit line"
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-15-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    I will say this again....regulation in any part of capital markets is inevitable. They are put in place to protect the customer first, the stability of the markets, and then the stability of the market participants/institutions. Institutions are far better off with a federal regulation as it is easier to manage then regulations for each different state. Brokers and referral partner are better off with federal regulation as state regulation management comes with a higher cost to manage. If institutions are forced to manage regulations from each different state, the cost of managing the regulations will cut margins...thus forcing them to cut costs internally and to referral partners.
    These are not normal customers . They are shrewd business people who will cut your throat

They are merchants sometimes with bad credit or cash flow issues with a short shelf life looking for money to not pay it back

We need protection from them at times

These are not normal customers . They are shrewd business people who will cut your throat

They are merchants sometimes with bad credit or cash flow issues with a short shelf life looking for money to not pay it back

We need protection from them at times
    Not going to happen. Your defense is to NOT do business with them. Know your customer, know your referral source, and know your capital source.....
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    561-850-9346
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Karen37a
    Not going to happen. Your defense is to NOT do business with them. Know your customer, know your referral source, and know your capital source.....
    Its called American Business owners and I am my own referral source at times

I saw it LIVE...my own live samples...no one can dispute it...i lived it....thats why people have to lead from the front...do it and you can teach and see for yourself

They make these bad mca brokers look good sometimes

So the point is Calif doesn't have to protect them like they are a turtle...they will use that to their advantage to con more

its non negotiable it will happen
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-15-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Karen37a
    Bad brokers are 1/8th of what the bad merchants are...American Business

They are going UNDER the question is when and whos throat they are going to cut on the way out ..it is not going to be mine or my direct funders

80% of entrepreneurs starting a business fail within the first 18 months. (Forbes)
    50% of startups fail after operating for four years. (Statistic Brain)
    66% of small businesses will fail within 10 years. (Tutsplus)
    50% of small businesses fail after five years. (Small Business Trends)
    3 out of 10 new companies “fail to survive” for more than 24 months. (Wasp Barcode)
    Only 33% percent of startups reach their 10 year anniversary. (Credit Donkey)
    Only 1 out of 5 new businesses survive past their first year of operation. (USA Today)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-15-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Its called American Business owners and I am my own referral source at times

I saw it LIVE...my own live samples...no one can dispute it...i lived it....thats why people have to lead from the front...do it and you can teach and see for yourself

They make these bad mca brokers look good sometimes

So the point is Calif doesn't have to protect them like they are a turtle...they will use that to their advantage to con more

its non negotiable it will happen
    Karen-The regulations are not written to protect bad customers. They are written to protect all customers. If you choose to do business with anyone, anyhow, anyway in an attempt to make money, you will get burned. Hence the reason to know your customer, know your referral source, and know your source of capital. Relationships always end the way they start.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    561-850-9346
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Karen37a
    Karen-The regulations are not written to protect bad customers. They are written to protect all customers. If you choose to do business with anyone, anyhow, anyway in an attempt to make money, you will get burned. Hence the reason to know your customer, know your referral source, and know your source of capital. Relationships always end the way they start.
    And no one needs to keep talking about lowering rates below par value OR protecting them( from brokers constantly)...50% of them are liars and frauds

This isnt happy la la land....its money...people will do a lot for 100k including kill their family for a insurance policy

Do we have bad brokers...yes...bad merchants yes...bad funders yes bad politicians yes bad bankers yes

( bad merchants are the largest category ..beating all the others combines 10 fold)

This is just the reality of wall st and finance..I wish it wasn't

Regulation is a bad bad move...people will see why

And lending into that dead pool at certain rates is juvenile and embarrassing ( Its not my money either...i should want low low rates) I just know everyone will go under.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-15-2018 at 04:04 PM.