Thats crazy
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 11553 Eagle Funding's Avatar

Thats crazy

I get a call from one of my reps at a funder and hes like hey did you change your logo/name? and I said no why do you ask, he sends me an app I had sent out but with someone elses logo on it, they didnt even change the address, the phone number or anything on it, they literally just put their logo over mine. Mind you I did fund this deal over a week ago, but that's wild and the file wasnt shotgunned so I know the only suspects it could be and I might just plant some fake apps to see who it is.
    Eagle Funding Group
    Phone: (646) 793-6809
    Email: info@eaglefundinggroup.net
    Web: www.eaglefundinggroup.net

Senior Member Reputation points: 60165

thats wild!!!!!!!!!!

unfortunately happened to me to but i wasnt so lucky to fund it prior=(

I think the craziest part is they legit left my email and phone number on it, and now I am getting blown up with calls and emails of please submit this deal to us next time earlier or can you update us with the status of this deal or heres what we wouldve offered. If I didnt send you the deal directly please stop calling me.
    Eagle Funding Group

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Brokers have a bad reputation, but these funders are becoming flat out pieces of ****.

Some of these funders dont even try to hide it, they decline your deal, send it to their iso shop next door do a little photoshop work, and boom send it out to the wolves.
    Eagle Funding Group

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Funding View Post
    Some of these funders dont even try to hide it, they decline your deal, send it to their iso shop next door do a little photoshop work, and boom send it out to the wolves.
    My favorite is when I submitted to an A funder, they send contracts. Send contracts back and they tell me they need to delay a day because they’ve gotten word the merchant is trying to fund elsewhere. Next day they decline citing merchant was funded elsewhere. I find out he’s been funded at a “B” funder, and talk to my guy over there. He tells me the “A” funder sent them the deal that “A” funder provided me contracts. Things are that ****ed up.

Senior Member Reputation points: 60165

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    My favorite is when I submitted to an A funder, they send contracts. Send contracts back and they tell me they need to delay a day because they’ve gotten word the merchant is trying to fund elsewhere. Next day they decline citing merchant was funded elsewhere. I find out he’s been funded at a “B” funder, and talk to my guy over there. He tells me the “A” funder sent them the deal that “A” funder provided me contracts. Things are that ****ed up.
    seen that to

this is the game we are in

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    they were doing it from the day I started mca..people are catching them now i think , more experience

I call that the "witness protection program" they will tell the client not to speak to you again and they become a ghost

Senior Member Reputation points: 57713

no surprise there, ever get one of your old applications submitted back to you for funding? lol

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Dolla View Post
    no surprise there, ever get one of your old applications submitted back to you for funding? lol
    Yes even one recently...I tracked a few people down using my applications over the years

people saying "karen is fighting again"

one guy said how did you get my number, I said" you used my application", he said "everyone steals"I replied " i don't" then he hung up

add** it is illegal to run credit without implicit permission
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-27-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338265

So what is someone's response when they get contacted by the United States Secret Service Cyber Crime Lab for using someone else's application, forwarding someone else's application to an inappropriate party, selling applications, or posing as a "direct lender" of a legitimate institution and using their application?
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Senior Member Reputation points: 27404

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    they were doing it from the day I started mca..people are catching them now i think , more experience

I call that the "witness protection program" they will tell the client not to speak to you again and they become a ghost
    need a nama list for brokers and lenders that allow/fund deals in this manner, knowing their part of the problem.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

yup, this is becoming a serious issue. Just today we get deal declined. As we are about to call the merchant to tell him the news he calls us first and tells us he received contracts in his email from lender.

Senior Member Reputation points: 27404

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    So what is someone's response when they get contacted by the United States Secret Service Cyber Crime Lab for using someone else's application, forwarding someone else's application to an inappropriate party, selling applications, or posing as a "direct lender" of a legitimate institution and using their application?
    if they circulate bank stmnts, ss# and finacial information, thats SEC, IRS, FBI, OIG, FTC. Specially if credit is ran. making lenders and broker liable for damages. But not enough merchants have sued for regs on this, even though everyone who has 3 mca or more will never get 1.20 buy rate ever again let alone a true bank loan unless they collateralize property but get screw on the term product because so many mca credit pulls...

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Davincinc View Post
    need a nama list for brokers and lenders that allow/fund deals in this manner, knowing their part of the problem.
    Well just add 60% -70 % of the Funders to the list A paper included

Some brokers in Florida who survived some of this felt like they were in a war refugee camp and were freed or ran away. Some turned and now act like the disgusting people they once disliked.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-27-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Merchant called me up just now to say he got a call from someone saying I can get you a better deal than what Eagle gave you call the lender who gave it and tell them to take the funds back or youll sue them and let me get you new contracts......you cant make this stuff up.

I also messed up and didnt record the funniest call yesterday (we were on a call and he merged it because it was a 212#), a new rep called him up and he goes hey you just applied with us heres what we got, and I go oh really whats your company name, and the guy freezes and got his team leader the team leader says the company name and I am like wait did I even apply with you can you send me a copy of the app and the guy just hangs up.

Its a 20K deal people, like my god this isnt life changing money we are talking about!
    Eagle Funding Group