Greenbox capital heartless
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 18667 jdlaw's Avatar

I'm seeing apples and oranges here, unless I'm missing something.
    Seems Elevate and Breakout announced that on currently open fundings
    in payback, that they will suspend payments if merchants need a break in
    affected areas. Nice of them. Especially if merchants have to close down
    anyway and there would be no revenue to pull from.

Greenbox is simply saying they will process "new" requests for funding, however
    they will hold up the actual funding of the new deal until business returns to normal
    after the storm passes.

How does that make them bad? I would assume until business returns to normal,
    Breakout and Elevate are probably not funding any new deals either.
    You either win or you learn. The only failure is in quitting.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Quote Originally Posted by jdlaw View Post
    I'm seeing apples and oranges here, unless I'm missing something.
    Seems Elevate and Breakout announced that on currently open fundings
    in payback, that they will suspend payments if merchants need a break in
    affected areas. Nice of them. Especially if merchants have to close down
    anyway and there would be no revenue to pull from.

Greenbox is simply saying they will process "new" requests for funding, however
    they will hold up the actual funding of the new deal until business returns to normal
    after the storm passes.

How does that make them bad? I would assume until business returns to normal,
    Breakout and Elevate are probably not funding any new deals either.
    Agree in black and white underwriting terms - YES.

Breakout and Elevate - Love that they sent this out to their brokers and merchants. The service in that email MAYBE reached someone that didn't realize that the payment would still be taken out during the time. Made them feel good that they know the unexpected circumstances they are facing and we made things a bit easier on you in life? Take note- you can apply this to ANY situation.

BUT question - in the case of a hurricane and a Business needed capital before to purchase EMERGENCY supplies to ensure the safety/security of the business location, inventory, etc. shouldn't that be a consideration? I am NOT trying to make any natural disaster or otherwise a "lead" source so don't be a jerk and start calling people but in the case where a Business sends an application?

Did you know that the first to get electricity after a hurricane are businesses like restaurants and stable locations with ground wiring that can get up and moving quick to serve the thousands of people that could be affected? I am just saying this because millions of people in 3 states* that are going to be relying on those businesses "we" as a space keep up and running being an optimist about your career choice here

As in underwriting and risk for the investor or syndicate - I guess it depends on where your funds come from and of course a hurricane is a huge risk... there is no emotion in underwriting.... this is a torn subject like politics and religion.

Im going to stop here. Karen take it away.
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoisKingsley View Post
    Agree in black and white underwriting terms - YES.

Breakout and Elevate - Love that they sent this out to their brokers and merchants. The service in that email MAYBE reached someone that didn't realize that the payment would still be taken out during the time.

BUT question - in the case of a hurricane and a Business needed capital before to purchase EMERGENCY supplies to ensure the safety/security of the business location, inventory, etc. shouldn't that be a consideration? I am NOT trying to make any natural disaster or otherwise a "lead" source so don't be a jerk and start calling people but in the case where a Business sends an application?

Did you know that the first to get electricity after a hurricane are businesses like restaurants and stable locations with ground wiring that can get up and moving quick to serve the thousands of people that could be affected? I am just saying this because millions of people in 3 states* that are going to be relying on those businesses "we" as a space keep up and running being an optimist about your career choice here

As in underwriting and risk for the investor or syndicate - I guess it depends on where your funds come from and of course a hurricane is a huge risk... there is no emotion in underwriting.... this is a torn subject like politics and religion.

Im going to stop here. Karen take it away.
    lol
    I stayed during the hurrican last year...i think you did too ...it was an adventue and we had no damage no flooding , my lights never went out( half the peoples did though...i was making ice for people for a week)...it was scary though

on my credit is says "danger flood zone" sometimes... i have to call them up and say"take that down I am not in puerto rico" ...some still have it up

D and B or experien business . i dont recall at this point

add ...to be exact ...it says "FRAUD FLOOD ZONE" and they beter get it off ...another fight urg
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-13-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    lol
    I stayed during the hurrican last year...i think you did too ...it was an adventue and we had no damage no flooding , my lights never went out( half the peoples did though...i was making ice for people for a week)...it was scary though

on my credit is says "danger flood zone" sometimes... i have to call them up and say"take that down I am not in puerto rico" ...some still have it up

D and B or experien business . i dont recall at this point
    I did too. Emptied my place for nothing as I didn't lose electric or anything. Houses did and the local businesses that prepped and spect the $ on supplies were good and opened next day thanks to FPL. By the way- There are thousands on the way up there as we speak as first liners so those businesses in certain locations will get an influx of business.

I think applications for UW for the locations should be accepted and approved by the need for capital and how their business will be conducted before, during, and after the storm. Not just put a blanked on that many states.

I wonder what the influx of submissions are in the areas that will be affected by something like that...
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.