Greenbox capital heartless
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Greenbox capital heartless

Elevate and breakout sent out emails that they will monitor the hurricane to stop payments if merchants need a break . Greenbox email was the complete opposite see below .
    Greenbox Capital will continue to process deals of merchants who conduct business in the path of Hurricane Florence. However, when the deal reaches final review, it will be placed on hold until the storm passes. At that time, our Underwriting team will confirm that the business operations haven’t been affected by the storm and fund accordingly. This may require an additional step in our process to confirm that the business has returned to normal. This may include, but is not limited to, bank verification, merchant interview etc.

Greenbox as someone who is based out of Florida you should not ruin your company image by making such a I do not give a f...k attitude towards businesses.
    Learn from people like Heather francis and Carl fairbank on how to have a heart.

Senior Member Reputation points: 60165

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    Elevate and breakout sent out emails that they will monitor the hurricane to stop payments if merchants need a break . Greenbox email was the complete opposite see below .
    Greenbox Capital will continue to process deals of merchants who conduct business in the path of Hurricane Florence. However, when the deal reaches final review, it will be placed on hold until the storm passes. At that time, our Underwriting team will confirm that the business operations haven’t been affected by the storm and fund accordingly. This may require an additional step in our process to confirm that the business has returned to normal. This may include, but is not limited to, bank verification, merchant interview etc.

Greenbox as someone who is based out of Florida you should not ruin your company image by making such a I do not give a f...k attitude towards businesses.
    Learn from people like Heather francis and Carl fairbank on how to have a heart.
    I am not pro or against the green box however based on the email and I don’t know if you’re quoting Word for Word but they are not mentioning about existing merchants they are saying about merchants that they are potentially going to fund
    and I do not blame them one bit because imagine if you were going to give a non-secured loan to a business that may not be operating for the next two weeks
    you would not be so quick to give out your

funds

It is a copy and paste and it is a matter of reaction and being a decent human being.When you see a car smoking up outside is your first reaction after calling 911 is to make sure no one is inside or to jump in your car and move your money out of harms way.
    However you want to give out your money is up to you,however you do not take people scared about a storm coming and kick them while they are down by saying that is why you will not fund them.

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

It is a copy and paste and it is a matter of reaction and being a decent human being.When you see a car smoking up outside is your first reaction after calling 911 is to make sure no one is inside or to jump in your car and move your money out of harms way.
    However you want to give out your money is up to you,however you do not take people scared about a storm coming and kick them while they are down by saying that is why you will not fund them.

Going to have to disagree with you on this. And no, I don't work for or do business with GreenBox.

Why should they/would they put their unsecured money at risk in the face of a storm. Your analogy is off here. They're not kicking anyone while they're down. Greenbox has no obligation to those merchants, they're not a charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    Going to have to disagree with you on this. And no, I don't work for or do business with GreenBox.

Why should they/would they put their unsecured money at risk in the face of a storm. Your analogy is off here. They're not kicking anyone while they're down. Greenbox has no obligation to those merchants, they're not a charity.
    agreed

will have to assume he had a deal get killed because of it

Quote Originally Posted by BROKER TIME View Post
    agreed

will have to assume he had a deal get killed because of it
    Nope.Had a merchant last storm that they filed coj when he missed payments and grabbed all his money to put him out of business.

Karen37a
    Nope.Had a merchant last storm that they filed coj when he missed payments and grabbed all his money to put him out of business.
    Ricky id never fund into a hurricane anyone who does is irresponsible or it isn't their money

I would also think the location of the business matters...on the coast or far far away on a border

The hurricane slowed down I think

btw how are you doing in Calif Ricky now that these bills passed

Also our industry is already looked at in a bad light.We do not need to see the front page of the post stating that greenbox turns down business loan after merchant signs a confession of judgement for chance of a storm.

doubt it will make page 6 but again i cant blame them for letting their isos know
    besides who funds with them anyways

in any case lets pray for the safety of everyone who is in the storm areas

have a good night

GREENBOX IS A F#$KN JOKE so is the imbecile driving the boat as ceo (Jordan Fein) does his best to tell his ISO's to f#$k off almost as often as Gbox tells the merchants we don't give a Fu@k

Quote Originally Posted by MX211 View Post
    GREENBOX IS A F#$KN JOKE so is the imbecile driving the boat as ceo (Jordan Fein) does his best to tell his ISO's to f#$k off almost as often as Gbox tells the merchants we don't give a Fu@k
    There is a reason their iso reps only last a couple of months.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18667 jdlaw's Avatar

I'm seeing apples and oranges here, unless I'm missing something.
    Seems Elevate and Breakout announced that on currently open fundings
    in payback, that they will suspend payments if merchants need a break in
    affected areas. Nice of them. Especially if merchants have to close down
    anyway and there would be no revenue to pull from.

Greenbox is simply saying they will process "new" requests for funding, however
    they will hold up the actual funding of the new deal until business returns to normal
    after the storm passes.

How does that make them bad? I would assume until business returns to normal,
    Breakout and Elevate are probably not funding any new deals either.
    You either win or you learn. The only failure is in quitting.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Quote Originally Posted by jdlaw View Post
    I'm seeing apples and oranges here, unless I'm missing something.
    Seems Elevate and Breakout announced that on currently open fundings
    in payback, that they will suspend payments if merchants need a break in
    affected areas. Nice of them. Especially if merchants have to close down
    anyway and there would be no revenue to pull from.

Greenbox is simply saying they will process "new" requests for funding, however
    they will hold up the actual funding of the new deal until business returns to normal
    after the storm passes.

How does that make them bad? I would assume until business returns to normal,
    Breakout and Elevate are probably not funding any new deals either.
    Agree in black and white underwriting terms - YES.

Breakout and Elevate - Love that they sent this out to their brokers and merchants. The service in that email MAYBE reached someone that didn't realize that the payment would still be taken out during the time. Made them feel good that they know the unexpected circumstances they are facing and we made things a bit easier on you in life? Take note- you can apply this to ANY situation.

BUT question - in the case of a hurricane and a Business needed capital before to purchase EMERGENCY supplies to ensure the safety/security of the business location, inventory, etc. shouldn't that be a consideration? I am NOT trying to make any natural disaster or otherwise a "lead" source so don't be a jerk and start calling people but in the case where a Business sends an application?

Did you know that the first to get electricity after a hurricane are businesses like restaurants and stable locations with ground wiring that can get up and moving quick to serve the thousands of people that could be affected? I am just saying this because millions of people in 3 states* that are going to be relying on those businesses "we" as a space keep up and running being an optimist about your career choice here

As in underwriting and risk for the investor or syndicate - I guess it depends on where your funds come from and of course a hurricane is a huge risk... there is no emotion in underwriting.... this is a torn subject like politics and religion.

Im going to stop here. Karen take it away.
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoisKingsley View Post
    Agree in black and white underwriting terms - YES.

Breakout and Elevate - Love that they sent this out to their brokers and merchants. The service in that email MAYBE reached someone that didn't realize that the payment would still be taken out during the time.

BUT question - in the case of a hurricane and a Business needed capital before to purchase EMERGENCY supplies to ensure the safety/security of the business location, inventory, etc. shouldn't that be a consideration? I am NOT trying to make any natural disaster or otherwise a "lead" source so don't be a jerk and start calling people but in the case where a Business sends an application?

Did you know that the first to get electricity after a hurricane are businesses like restaurants and stable locations with ground wiring that can get up and moving quick to serve the thousands of people that could be affected? I am just saying this because millions of people in 3 states* that are going to be relying on those businesses "we" as a space keep up and running being an optimist about your career choice here

As in underwriting and risk for the investor or syndicate - I guess it depends on where your funds come from and of course a hurricane is a huge risk... there is no emotion in underwriting.... this is a torn subject like politics and religion.

Im going to stop here. Karen take it away.
    lol
    I stayed during the hurrican last year...i think you did too ...it was an adventue and we had no damage no flooding , my lights never went out( half the peoples did though...i was making ice for people for a week)...it was scary though

on my credit is says "danger flood zone" sometimes... i have to call them up and say"take that down I am not in puerto rico" ...some still have it up

D and B or experien business . i dont recall at this point

add ...to be exact ...it says "FRAUD FLOOD ZONE" and they beter get it off ...another fight urg
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-13-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    lol
    I stayed during the hurrican last year...i think you did too ...it was an adventue and we had no damage no flooding , my lights never went out( half the peoples did though...i was making ice for people for a week)...it was scary though

on my credit is says "danger flood zone" sometimes... i have to call them up and say"take that down I am not in puerto rico" ...some still have it up

D and B or experien business . i dont recall at this point
    I did too. Emptied my place for nothing as I didn't lose electric or anything. Houses did and the local businesses that prepped and spect the $ on supplies were good and opened next day thanks to FPL. By the way- There are thousands on the way up there as we speak as first liners so those businesses in certain locations will get an influx of business.

I think applications for UW for the locations should be accepted and approved by the need for capital and how their business will be conducted before, during, and after the storm. Not just put a blanked on that many states.

I wonder what the influx of submissions are in the areas that will be affected by something like that...
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8447

Wow, you clearly have no understanding of underwriting/risk. Why would they fund a business that is in the path of a catastrophic storm?? Breakout is suspending ACH's for existing customers that are in the affected areas. We do the same when there is an act of god. We also have put a few deals on hold until the storm passes. Next time try to take a few minutes and use common sense before putting a lender on blast.
    Jason H l Sales & Business Development
    Quikstone Capital Solutions l Tampa FL
    Direct Line & Mobile 813-371-8233 l Fax 813-371-8233 l Text 727-492-8812
    Jason.Hausle@quikstonecapital.com
    www.quikstonecapital.com

Direct Lender Since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sterling View Post
    Wow, you clearly have no understanding of underwriting/risk. Why would they fund a business that is in the path of a catastrophic storm?? Breakout is suspending ACH's for existing customers that are in the affected areas. We do the same when there is an act of god. We also have put a few deals on hold until the storm passes. Next time try to take a few minutes and use common sense before putting a lender on blast.
    I never said they do not have common sense, i said they are heartless.I agree that you have underwriting criteria and no one wants to lose money.Was sterling first reaction to send out an email like that or to take care of your existing customers?

Senior Member Reputation points: 84417

Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Senior Member Reputation points: 18667 jdlaw's Avatar

"BUT question - in the case of a hurricane and a Business needed capital before to purchase EMERGENCY supplies to ensure the safety/security of the business location, inventory, etc. shouldn't that be a consideration?"

In a word: No.

Anything could happen to that particular business. Will the business survive to repay? Will they have the same cash flow as before to support the draws?
    Will they just take the cash infusion and once they realize the damage, just not reopen? Etc.

The underwriter's responsibility is to the funder not the merchant. Though this wouldn't even be an option for an underwriter anyway.

Should there be a charitable alternative set up prior to natural disasters? Maybe so. But these are business people, not consumers.
    In this case, they have had adequate time to prep, plan and protect their business assets. If they have failed to do so, or are unable
    to do so, all the more reason not to fund in the face of an impending catastrophe.
    You either win or you learn. The only failure is in quitting.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlaw View Post
    "BUT question - in the case of a hurricane and a Business needed capital before to purchase EMERGENCY supplies to ensure the safety/security of the business location, inventory, etc. shouldn't that be a consideration?"

In a word: No.

Anything could happen to that particular business. Will the business survive to repay? Will they have the same cash flow as before to support the draws?
    Will they just take the cash infusion and once they realize the damage, just not reopen? Etc.

The underwriter's responsibility is to the funder not the merchant. Though this wouldn't even be an option for an underwriter anyway.

Should there be a charitable alternative set up prior to natural disasters? Maybe so. But these are business people, not consumers.
    In this case, they have had adequate time to prep, plan and protect their business assets. If they have failed to do so, or are unable
    to do so, all the more reason not to fund in the face of an impending catastrophe.
    this

Underwriters have fiduciary reponsibility to the lender and the money

If you take someones money as an investment ( venture capital) you have to give it back or jail sometimes which means making responsible funding decisions

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Someone was hugged too much or not enough as a child

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Who did Florida payoff to avoid this hurricane?

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Who did Florida payoff to avoid this hurricane?
    We are not done yet there is Hurrican Helene, Isaac, Joyce, Olivia, out there heading this way

After being in Florida awhile you are like ...hurricane level 3 ...that's nothing

And I wouldn't have stayed in the last one but it was hitting the whole state, so where do you run ,,i had just bought a new bmw and wanted to save the car lol
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-13-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Karen37a
    How the f are you going to have me on a phone call telling someone APR...its a lie and I know too much about finance to say that stupid shiate

I DO NOT LIE...its not ok to say APR...compliance violation

If we say Apr then its a loan...and now it isnt an Advance ...period the end

do not make yourselves out to be the tranparant ones...saying APR is a LIE

And if you sign it smarty pants ...criminal usury

NOw you want me to participate in that crap
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-13-2018 at 04:51 PM.