Lendio sets record 6x in 10 days
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

A lot of interesting data is being thrown around in this discussion. Jay, I was wondering if a lead dies in 30 minutes, how do you handle all those merchants cruising the internet from 10pm to 2am for business loans? Is waiting until the morning to contact them too long? I'm not being sarcastic. I am really curious as to what your answer on this would be.

Banned Reputation points: 306

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    A lot of interesting data is being thrown around in this discussion. Jay, I was wondering if a lead dies in 30 minutes, how do you handle all those merchants cruising the internet from 10pm to 2am for business loans? Is waiting until the morning to contact them too long? I'm not being sarcastic. I am really curious as to what your answer on this would be.
    Leads "don't die" but numbers never lie. 6 million B2B leads were studied and found that the relative value of a lead declines precipitously after 5 minutes. Think of it as a curve. Most of your money will be made from the leads you respond to within 5 minutes.

Additionally, you may recall I had a widget that addressed this problem. If a lead were to be entered overnight, an automated call is initiated between buyer and seller in order of first to last at the commencement of normal business hours.

Also - keep in mind that only 2% of folks buy from the first place they land in Google. So, if you're spending $30-$40 per click it's incumbent upon you to do all you can to reach out to leads within 5 minutes.