THE RESULT OF STACKING - Email from a merchant - Sad.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 52185 ADiamond's Avatar

I am sure the industry has not reached it's fullest potential as far as generating new deals for first positions, when I said most of the deal floating around already have positions, that's just what I see as an underwriter. You sales guys know how hard it is to bring in a new account, selling this product to someone that is not desperate or educated is practically impossible, so how do the reps keep their commissions up? Fund a deal, wait a month, add another position, wait two months, add another position.

I am not hating on reps, I will never hate on anyone's method of making money, by all means - do you, but I am not going to agree that it is completely ethical.
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

Quote Originally Posted by ADiamond View Post
    I am sure the industry has not reached it's fullest potential as far as generating new deals for first positions, when I said most of the deal floating around already have positions, that's just what I see as an underwriter. You sales guys know how hard it is to bring in a new account, selling this product to someone that is not desperate or educated is practically impossible, so how do the reps keep their commissions up? Fund a deal, wait a month, add another position, wait two months, add another position.

I am not hating on reps, I will never hate on anyone's method of making money, by all means - do you, but I am not going to agree that it is completely ethical.
    We still see a lot of deals that don't have any open balances. But we don't work with a lot of sales partners that use UCC's as their primary lead source either.

Senior Member Reputation points: 52185 ADiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GRP Funding View Post
    We still see a lot of deals that don't have any open balances. But we don't work with a lot of sales partners that use UCC's as their primary lead source either.
    So what methods are companies using now to generate clean leads beside pulling UCCs, SEO, SBA leads, etc? I'm curious, I would like to know how that side of the business operates. With all the new ISO shops popping up every day and each one of them going through the same lists - how do certain companies differentiate their methods?
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

So what methods are companies using now to generate clean leads beside pulling UCCs, SEO, SBA leads, etc? I'm curious, I would like to know how that side of the business operates. With all the new ISO shops popping up every day and each one of them going through the same lists - how do certain companies differentiate their methods?
    Direct mail, cold calling, CC processing portfolios, local networking, trade shows, referral partners in other industries, bank relationships, referrals from existing clients, etc.

Veteran Reputation points: 159120 J.Celifarco's Avatar

If thats what your sales guys are doing to make money then you need new sales guys they are cutting out there own legs to make a couple of dollars and screwing over the bank in the process... New business is harder to close but it is not impossible.. Like a lot of people in this thread have said there is plenty of new business out there you just have to go out and find it and then close it