The Broker
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 340530

Regulation is usually put in force when something bad happens or the customers scream load enough that they are being treated unfairly. Regulators usually put rules or regulations in place while looking at their view mirror....after something happens. Regulation is typically put in place to protect the customer first, the stability of a market second, the stability of the market participants third, and then the people that are selling products and services.
    If you want to survive in financial services or capital markets never forget the customer is first. Always has.... always will . If you don't get ahead of the curve and acknowledge who the bad actors are, what they are doing, and how they can affect the market by a regulator looking into a rear view mirror, you will be left in the dust.
    You have to adjust, adapt, and put the customer first. You can and will have a great career by treating customers right and making your partners look good in front of their customers.

Best,

Kevin
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    Regulation is usually put in force when something bad happens or the customers scream load enough that they are being treated unfairly. Regulators usually put rules or regulations in place while looking at their view mirror....after something happens. Regulation is typically put in place to protect the customer first, the stability of a market second, the stability of the market participants third, and then the people that are selling products and services.
    If you want to survive in financial services or capital markets never forget the customer is first. Always has.... always will . If you don't get ahead of the curve and acknowledge who the bad actors are, what they are doing, and how they can affect the market by a regulator looking into a rear view mirror, you will be left in the dust.
    You have to adjust, adapt, and put the customer first. You can and will have a great career by treating customers right and making your partners look good in front of their customers.

Best,

Kevin
    I agree with this

Some of our merchants are nasty though...i have to protect the Funders from some/most of them

Also its a very risky business model

"It's often said that more than half of new businesses fail during the first year. According to the Small Business Association (SBA), this isn't necessarily true. The SBA states that only 30% of new businesses fail during the first two years of being open, 50% during the first five years and 66% during the first 10."

https://www.investopedia.com/slide-s...sinesses-fail/

** those are the better statistics...add in bad credit...bad management etc ...this business is not for everyone and you cant regulate to make sales appear in your mailbox
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-21-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    I agree with this

Some of our merchants are nasty though...i have to protect the Funders from some/most of them
    No you don't..... It is up to you to chose who you do business with. If you are dealing with a nasty owner of a business, why would you even put them in front of a funding partner or any institution. You spend years building relationships with customers and financing partners, why bother tarnishing a relationship on either side because somebody is nasty.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    561-850-9346
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Karen37a
    No you don't..... It is up to you to chose who you do business with. If you are dealing with a nasty owner of a business, why would you even put them in front of a funding partner or any institution. You spend years building relationships with customers and financing partners, why bother tarnishing a relationship on either side because somebody is nasty.
    Thats why people cant make sales very easily( not because of regulation) ...we have to sift thru them...and I am sure you know this looking for brokers and sales

Thats why people cant make sales very easily( not because of regulation) ...we have to sift thru them...and I am sure you know this looking for brokers and sales
    When you treat your customers well and your partners well, deal flow finds you.....you don't have to find them. People from this forum don't call me because I post on the forum occasionally. They call because they know I am on an institutional level, conduct myself professionally, and try to help their customer.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    561-850-9346
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Karen37a
    When you treat your customers well and your partners well, deal flow finds you.....you don't have to find them. People from this forum don't call me because I post on the forum occasionally. They call because they know I am on an institutional level, conduct myself professionally, and try to help their customer.
    Well I am an super iso so I teach small isos and brokers how to cold call get warm calls referals, face to face etc ....and i do it personally as well.

Most are not going to make it out...but I will

I can can close 1 million a month from cold calling personally

Well I am an super iso so I teach small isos and brokers how to cold call get warm calls referals, face to face etc ....and i do it personally as well.

Most are not going to make it out...but I will

I can can close 1 million a month from cold calling personally
    So what I don't understand.... If you can close $1mil/month yourself, think of how much more you could do without having to teach someone what you know only for them to take your knowledge elsewhere or fail. I am in the business of developing long lasting relationships with customers and institutional partners not trying to educate someone who will fail or someone who will take my knowledge and compete against me.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    561-850-9346
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Veteran Reputation points: 159120 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Best,

Kevin
    I agree with every word you said here
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com