The Broker - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Scientology is my 2nd favorite cult. My favorite cult is CrossFit.
    West Coast,

Do you know why Jack la lanne, health and tennis and Ballys Total Fit went out of business??

Because some moron told me " I am not going to pay some little girl in exercise tights 100k( probably 250k in today's dollars) a year to sell gym memberships, we will get an atm machine in the lobby and people can choose Gold, Silver and Bronze and pay for it themselves...automation"

I was the second wave of top salespeople who went out the door, the guys before me were killer closers.

I followed some of them to wall st ( different firms)

He also told me that I was wasting my life being a dirty 1099 salesperson and that I should use my college degree before its too late, those guys were from Brooklyn and I had a good family.

I do not think there is a team of people selling 9k gym memberships, they can barely sell $10 a month
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-17-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Karen37a
    The 1990s didn't start out well for Bally Total Fitness, which was still called Bally Health and Tennis Clubs (HTCA) at that time. The economy was having an effect on Bally Manufacturing, the health club's parent company. Bally's Holiday Health clubs agreed to a $9.5 million settlement in a class-action suit admitting racial discrimination against African-Americans. The Internal Revenue Service alleged that the company owed $29 million in federal income taxes due to improper accounting in 1983 and 1984.

Don Wildman, HTCA's CEO in the early 1990s, decided to move the company away from short-term sales to a membership/cash-driven model that emphasized improving member services and that would standardize membership policies. In the early 1990s, the company had 311 clubs nationwide, many of them coming from various acquisitions and still operating under their original names or variations of those: Holiday Health, Jack LaLanne, Scandinavian, and Bally Matrix, Bally's Health and Fitness, Vic Tanny.

"The idea is that ultimately, all the divisions will be called Bally's," Wildman told Club Industry in 1991. That plan finally became reality in 1995. Bally also then began a national marketing campaign featuring the slogan "Turn on Your Life."

(anyone who doesnt recognize the power of a strong 1099 sales force that can actually sell a fridge to an eskimo, and talk a dog off a meat wagon, needs to step down, some of us lived though this numerous times.Some didnt just wander into sales its a carrer for those who choose to actually become a true salesperson and not an order taker, and you can never learn what you need to learn by creating a lcc and buying burnt leads and mouthing off to the top producers, top reps and funders , # 1 Rule . Do First, Then Teach, let me know when the voice mail gang are going to bet 50k on lead generation... ..karen)

Bly gave a % adjusted gross on the Finance contracts ( the spread, the mk u from the b rate) and also on the membership cost.a m u, like a PSF fee.

Once they took that away they were done for. I started selling age 17.5

**And I bet people who were use to taking money for something can give it away a whole lot easier...the key is to not have defaults from the bad merchants
    ( I want some of you to close your eyes and then try to picture yourselves getting merchants to GIVE you 10k and charge 1.36..coj.. smh...you would never make it...and stop betting me)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-18-2018 at 12:56 PM. Reason: typo queen.. add*

Karen37a
    https://www.nytimes.com/1984/05/19/n...ical-club.html

We have no fat people here,'' says Tom DiNatale, the manager. That is his pledge. ''People join other health clubs to get in shape before they join here,'' explains Heidi Halliday, a supervisor at the club. ''The Vertical Club is today's Studio 54,''

lol...you won't find me in front of my red Ferrari saying ...you cant join here until you lose weight fatty

( west coast you would have loved it...you could yell at someone right from the front desk, people scared to be banned )

And you could never imagine how unbearable it was to hear someone teach me how to sell..

" and did I tell you we can drop the rate ...and btw we are a direct lender" and the algorithms...good gosh

And the guys doing the hokey pokey and playing twister selling leads....enough already. Its really now or never for everyone to move forward and make money
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-18-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

i like zack but am confused how this article is a positive thing.He had a partner in core who still owns the business . The wbl deal was a bad decision for anyone who did it .Not sure what happened at us business fund but peter his old boss been bashing him on LinkedIn saying only 3rd position lenders will sign him up .

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    i like zack but am confused how this article is a positive thing.He had a partner in core who still owns the business . The wbl deal was a bad decision for anyone who did it .Not sure what happened at us business fund but peter his old boss been bashing him on LinkedIn saying only 3rd position lenders will sign him up .
    They also said he needs to stop using his gmail address on the df ...I think I received 100 calls from brokers

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    Hi Ricky,

Yes, I gave up my interests in Core Financial after the WBL acquisition. It was a poor decision, but nevertheless I made it. I had a great run at US Business Funding, and it’s unfortunate that Peter has decided to slander me online with his constant harassment, defamement, and attempts at character assassination. This is an ongoing problem for me that has been well-documented, and is currently being dealt with.

I believe the story is just a small insight into a guy (me) who has finally become his own boss without a partner, and is now experiencing a much higher level of success than in his previous ventures. I hope some people can learn from my story and make wiser business decisions than I made in my early 20’s.
    Last edited by Zach; 08-21-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Hi Ricky,

Yes, I gave up my interests in Core Financial after the WBL acquisition. It was a poor decision, but nevertheless I made it. I had a great run at US Business Funding, and it’s unfortunate that Peter has decided to slander me online with his constant harassment and defamement. This is an ongoing problem for me that has been well-documented, and is currently being dealt with.

I believe the story is just a small insight into a guy (me) who has finally become his own boss without a partner, and is now experiencing a much higher level of success than in his previous ventures. I hope some people can learn from my story and make wiser business decisions than I made in my early 20’s.
    Zach I think you are a nice guy

I knew those deals you were reccomending were bad bad bad...part of the reason I left a company and they chased me

Gl

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Hi Ricky,

Yes, I gave up my interests in Core Financial after the WBL acquisition. It was a poor decision, but nevertheless I made it. I had a great run at US Business Funding, and it’s unfortunate that Peter has decided to slander me online with his constant harassment, defamement, and attempts at character assassination. This is an ongoing problem for me that has been well-documented, and is currently being dealt with.

And this is why i love zach . Always on the high road . keep it up buddy and call me if you need any help in your new company

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    And this is why i love zach . Always on the high road . keep it up buddy and call me if you need any help in your new company
    I agree and he shouldn't be thrown to the wolves. The negative response came from brokers thinking it was a fluff article...some called it "fake news"

I still think he is a positive nice guy and can make it in the business....positivity being the key

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

He only has to worry about himself not what other people say about him. He is the master of his own destiny. In 5 years, something tells me, most of us won't even be in this business or on the DF. Live and let Live...

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    He only has to worry about himself not what other people say about him. He is the master of his own destiny. In 5 years, something tells me, most of us won't even be in this business or on the DF. Live and let Live...
    Most wont ...and maybe not the df

I will still be in Finance.... never skipped a beat since I was 17....maybe the products will morph out, only the strong will survive.....then I get to meet all new people who will tell me I am a rookie and cant sell.

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    Great point.

Karen37a
    I bet you ill still be in Finance... ( others wont)

that's the whole beneift....you sell so that you become unemployed and ride the wavee...residuals

some are really ...og for life
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-21-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    Great point.
    don't get your hopes up...you cant take us down LOL

You are this inspiration to post 10 million in sales up though
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-21-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Veteran Reputation points: 159120 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    don't get your hopes up...you cant take us down LOL

You are this inspiration to post 10 million in sales up though
    why must you fight with someone who has not said one comment to you on this whole thread.. Everybody gets to have an opinion and if you want everyone to respect yours trying respecting someone else's or do us a favor and dont say anything.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    why must you fight with someone who has not said one comment to you on this whole thread.. Everybody gets to have an opinion and if you want everyone to respect yours trying respecting someone else's or do us a favor and dont say anything.
    You should have stepped up saying that when someone was slandering and defaming me and stalking me for 3 years because they can't close sales and think Govt Regulation is the cure.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-21-2018 at 02:36 PM.

well I dont know about that I do know that you screaming at someone who probably has you blocked and cant see what your saying isnt going to accomplish anything.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Karen37a
    well I dont know about that I do know that you screaming at someone who probably has you blocked and cant see what your saying isnt going to accomplish anything.
    what do you mean" i do not know about that"...you watched it, you are friends with him?

I full well understand a bunch of you think regulation is the answer. I am telling you 100% it is not

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    what do you mean" i do not know about that"...you watched it, you are friends with him?

I full well understand a bunch of you think regulation is the answer. I am telling you 100% it is not
    I dont think regulation is the answer to anything, what I think is that whether we like it or not it is going to start coming at us and we better be ready for it. It has already started in California and New York and a number of other states are working on legislation similar to what is in the works in those states. Since it is going to happen no matter what we want I think we should try to have a say in what and how it is implemented. So please dont try to put words in my mouth. And Joe Tucker I dont know from a hole in the wall other then this forum so again dont assume things when you have no clue.. thanks
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Karen37a
    https://www.pymnts.com/news/internat...ending-losses/

INTERNATIONALChina Locks Down Financial District As P2P Lending Implodes

( most of you will not be left standing. I will...said it in advance)

and that has exactly what to do with this thread???
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Karen37a
    and that has exactly what to do with this thread???
    the standoff between brokers ...the ones for regulation and the smart ones not for it

you do know that this is all its about

you can say all day your not for something ands stick your head in the sand or you could actually do something so that when the inevitable happens it doesnt crush all of us. Just because we would prefer for things to stay as they are doesnt mean they will and pretending otherwise is ridiculous.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Karen37a
    you can say all day your not for something ands stick your head in the sand or you could actually do something so that when the inevitable happens it doesnt crush all of us. Just because we would prefer for things to stay as they are doesnt mean they will and pretending otherwise is ridiculous.
    Some of you or people I have seens "solutions" have the opposite affect...but you would have to be in "investments" to understand.

If you are in a bad hole in the sand..above your head...stop digging
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-21-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Karen37a
    And I know some solutions. I will never print them on here.( so everyone can say it was their idea and make more competition for me)

Hannibal over there told me to let everyone kill themselves

Last time I told someone to create this calculator not only did they not say thank you they were bragging to me about it until I said " do you recall I gave you the idea" and they said " you cant prove it"i said ...i still have the emails alonmg with the regulation threats. As if i wanted something for some stupid idea

gl
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-21-2018 at 03:16 PM.