What do Brokers need from Funders
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 71352

What do Brokers need from Funders

Morning DF,

As CFG continues to grow throughout the months, our customer service, retention and story based underwriting have proven time and time again to be effective. However, i feel as if there is still more we can improve on. And in order to improve and better understand the broker, we need feedback.

How can a funding company do better / more? What does a broker really need from a funder besides the biggest offer and most commission? What drives an iso to work with a shop paying less than the other?

I leave the floor to you guys and await your responses or extra questions i didn't mention that some might think of.

Thank you,

Lior Monus
    CFG Merchant Solutions
    Direct: 516-319-5826
    Lmonus@cfgms.com

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lmonus View Post
    Morning DF,

As CFG continues to grow throughout the months, our customer service, retention and story based underwriting have proven time and time again to be effective. However, i feel as if there is still more we can improve on. And in order to improve and better understand the broker, we need feedback.

How can a funding company do better / more? What does a broker really need from a funder besides the biggest offer and most commission? What drives an iso to work with a shop paying less than the other?

I leave the floor to you guys and await your responses or extra questions i didn't mention that some might think of.

Thank you,

Lior Monus
    CFG Merchant Solutions
    Lmonus@cfgms.com
    Thats simple;
    trust, speed from submission to offer, speed from contract in to funding, ability to speak to the underwriter/decision maker not a biz dev person. I will make a point or 2 less any day and work with a bank that checks these boxes.. I will put all of these things above highest commission.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

John you hit the nail in the center and NAIL went right in with one bang!

At Mantis we have built

* Trust---- to the level that many of "THE" Largest FUNDING HOUSES have come to rely on sending all their B-ZZZ files. (its the RENEWAL-LOCK that also keeps them coming back AS LONG TERM PARTNERS).

* SPEED OFFERS ----- has become our middle name OFFERS ARE MADE IN HOURS but we give you an UW to send when you need A SUPER RUSH OFFER. (CAN BE IN MINUTES!!).

* SPEED CONTRACT TO FUNDING ----- With contracts back-in we always FUND SAME DAY!

* GOT TO ADMIT speaking to an underwriter in the past --- was were I was a B MINUS but that has changed and by calling-in 917 521 6528 will get you over to an ON-DEMAND UW!
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    John you hit the nail in the center and NAIL went right in with one bang!

At Mantis we have built

* Trust---- to the level that many of "THE" Largest FUNDING HOUSES have come to rely on sending all their B-ZZZ files. (its the RENEWAL-LOCK that also keeps them coming back AS LONG TERM PARTNERS).

* SPEED OFFERS ----- has become our middle name OFFERS ARE MADE IN HOURS but we give you an UW to send when you need A SUPER RUSH OFFER. (CAN BE IN MINUTES!!).

* SPEED CONTRACT TO FUNDING ----- With contracts back-in we always FUND SAME DAY!

* GOT TO ADMIT speaking to an underwriter in the past --- was were I was a B MINUS but that has changed and by calling-in 917 521 6528 will get you over to an ON-DEMAND UW!
    As much as i look forward to your comments Marcus, lets leave this one to the brokers. Lets hear what they have to say as im sure most know of us by now. If they don't, promotions section is best.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    Thats simple;
    trust, speed from submission to offer, speed from contract in to funding, ability to speak to the underwriter/decision maker not a biz dev person. I will make a point or 2 less any day and work with a bank that checks these boxes.. I will put all of these things above highest commission.
    Agreed, if only every broker had the same head on their shoulders as you John.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

John is absolutely correct. Speed from start to funding, open direct communication is vital. I will gladly take less commission with a lender that provides those qualities. Volume is always worth more then one deal.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50201

john you hit the nail in the center and nail went right in with one bang!

At mantis we have built

* trust---- to the level that many of "the" largest funding houses have come to rely on sending all their b-zzz files. (its the renewal-lock that also keeps them coming back as long term partners).

* speed offers ----- has become our middle name offers are made in hours but we give you an uw to send when you need a super rush offer. (can be in minutes!!).

* speed contract to funding ----- with contracts back-in we always fund same day!

* got to admit speaking to an underwriter in the past --- was were i was a b minus but that has changed and by calling-in 917 521 6528 will get you over to an on-demand uw!
    are you a broker or a funder?

Clearly said brokers!

As much as i look forward to your comments Marcus, lets leave this one to the brokers. Lets hear what they have to say as im sure most know of us by now. If they don't, promotions section is best.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

<3

Agreed, if only every broker had the same head on their shoulders as you John.
    John is GREAT
    Last edited by mcaguru; 07-05-2018 at 01:25 PM.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Quote Originally Posted by Cashman1 View Post
    are you a broker or a funder?

Clearly said brokers!
    mantis is a funder however his signature is cresthill which are brokers

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Morning DF,

Thank you,

Lior Monus
    CFG Merchant Solutions
    Lmonus@cfgms.com
    Done deals. When i know that it will 100% fund after signed docs. Hate the ones that reprice and kill deals all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    mantis is a funder however his signature is cresthill which are brokers
    My background has been recruiting ISOS (in fact the term ISO in the funding arena was coined by me (it was used by me and the entire world of the merchant/credit card processing area were i came from --PM me and ill prove it)... from the non-MCA world i started getting super-Clean A paper deals and these non MCA shops were saying Marcus we only know (SBA for example) so please get the deal funded so we started to outsource ONLY for those that request... OTHERWISE when working with us it CAN ONLY BE PRICED BY MANTIS and it will NEVER LEAVE the mantis-lane.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Done deals. When i know that it will 100% fund after signed docs. Hate the ones that reprice and kill deals all the time.
    agree 100% any company that does the majority of their underwriting after signed contracts come in is usually a nonstarter for me.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

agree 100% any company that does the majority of their underwriting after signed contracts come in is usually a nonstarter for me.
    I know ..however we are finding many merchants get funded hours before we are ready to fund so deals need to be adjusted in specific events however we would still fund most of those examples. espacally since we are one of those shops that FUND SAME DAY AS ORIGINAL SUBMISSION AS LONG AS BROKER CAN GET CONTRACTS-BACK-SAME-DAY.. and the speed-fire-uw cant control a merchant that got funded same day.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

agreed and will add hassle free . doc u sign , no coj , no crazy stips no 6 merchant phone calls, clear communication of where we at with out constantly having to call .
    adding in also no crazy fees . nothing worse to me than closing a deal and when they got docs they freak out by how much fees there can be
    Last edited by Michael I; 07-05-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    agrred and will add hassle free . doc u sign , no coj , no crazy stips no 6 merchant phone calls, clear communication of where we at with out constantly having to call .
    yes to the docusign. I find myself pushing deals toward companies that have docusign. If I think the deal works for 2 funders I work with, and one has docusign and the other doesnt I will definitely try to get it done with the docusign option first
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

I know ..however we are finding many merchants get funded hours before we are ready to fund so deals need to be adjusted in specific events however we would still fund most of those examples. espacally since we are one of those shops that FUND SAME DAY AS ORIGINAL SUBMISSION AS LONG AS BROKER CAN GET CONTRACTS-BACK-SAME-DAY.. and the speed-fire-uw cant control a merchant that got funded same day.
    marcus you guys do kill a ton of deals after signed docs not just because they got funding . Sometimes i am not sure if you even know what goes on there anymore unlees you recently changed and started running backgrounds before offers

agrred and will add hassle free . doc u sign , no coj , no crazy stips no 6 merchant phone calls, clear communication of where we at with out constantly having to call .
    Michael whats up ?
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

marcus you guys do kill a ton of deals after signed docs not just because they got funding . Sometimes i am not sure if you even know what goes on there anymore unlees you recently changed and started running backgrounds before offers
    i believe we fund in the top 3 of super-subprime deals per day for evrey deal we kill we are funding a half dozen or more (that's in final UW) P.S. i am buddies with the top funders in the country who all tell me deals killed in final UW is something they are doing more now then ever before. the only ones that dont tell me they seeing this issue are the funders who fund by appointment
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

i believe we fund in the top 3 of super-subprime deals per day for evrey deal we kill we are funding a half dozen or more (that's in final UW) P.S. i am buddies with the top funders in the country who all tell me deals killed in final UW is something they are doing more now then ever before. the only ones that dont tell me they seeing this issue are the funders who fund by appointment
    marcus dont be so thick skin and open your eyes so you can take mantis from funding in top 3 of super subprime to being top 1 . you need to win like joey chestnut did yesterday no one was even close ,lol .
    Lior has the right idea of asking for feedback and growing

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

yes to the docusign. I find myself pushing deals toward companies that have docusign. If I think the deal works for 2 funders I work with, and one has docusign and the other doesnt I will definitely try to get it done with the docusign option first
    100%. God bless Docusign.

Marcus, cant stress it enough how much you guys need to start using it.

marcus dont be so thick skin and open your eyes so you can take mantis from funding in top 3 of super subprime to being top 1 . you need to win like joey chestnut did yesterday no one was even close ,lol .
    Lior has the right idea of asking for feedback and growing
    He does and we keep taking broker-advice into consideration !

Brokers are our business !
    Last edited by mcaguru; 07-05-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    100%. God bless Docusign.

Marcus, cant stress it enough how much you guys need to start using it.
    Be careful what you wish for !! you'll understand why I'm saying that in due time !

BTW IS IT JUST ME ? ...last year the week of the 4th was dead.... this year (with the day off) i don't see much of a slow-down!
    Last edited by mcaguru; 07-05-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Docusign is in the works for CFG - However some Brokers use it to send out contracts, and that is allowable on deals under 15k...For now.

About the 4th Slow down... its been slow Monday and Tuesday. Today is crazy busy.