Payment Stop On Fee....What are my options
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Payment Stop On Fee....What are my options

I have a merchant that has filled out a ACH Authorization Form for a fee. The merchant has put a stop payment on the fee two times now. I have tried to get in contact with the merchant but they seem to be avoiding me.

What are my options in dealing with this? I have contacted my bank and am trying to fight it internally but I don't have too much faith in this option. Court doesn't seem like a viable option as the fee is just 3k.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Write it off as a loss.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Olah54 View Post
    I have a merchant that has filled out a ACH Authorization Form for a fee. The merchant has put a stop payment on the fee two times now. I have tried to get in contact with the merchant but they seem to be avoiding me.

What are my options in dealing with this? I have contacted my bank and am trying to fight it internally but I don't have too much faith in this option. Court doesn't seem like a viable option as the fee is just 3k.

Thank you

From them to have done that, they would most likely have intended on doing it from the onset of signing it. I cant go into ach reject codes on these boards and the rules of stop payment.

What was the fee for? What type of product did you sell?

If you want to get the money back you can slap them back...but know the banks are regulated etc so decide if you want to duke it out for 3k

Add** or they didnt understand the fee would be taken from the net dollar amount not off the top, which is why it has to be explained clearly
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-02-2018 at 10:31 AM. Reason: add*

It was for an MCA Collateral loan.

Karen37a
    Call the Funder and ask them for advice or help

WHat do you think about sending the merchant a demand letter from attorney?

Karen37a
    WHat do you think about sending the merchant a demand letter from attorney?
    You can message me your number.I am not an attorney but I can tell you what I think the options are...I won't type it out here.

Sometimes what west coast said is correct

gl

Thank you

Generally, there isn't anything you can do other than send them to collections (if you have a collections company willing to chase small amounts like that) or take them to court, neither of which is likely to be worth it unless we're talking about a fee > $5K.

Chalk it up as a learning experience. Tighten your processes, pre-sell your fees, do your own post-funding call and remind them about the fee, how much it is, when it's coming out, and the consequences should it be rejected.

We've also found there to be a correlation between blocking PSFs and defaulting on advances. Hopefully you dont get an email from the funder in a couple of days saying the merchant stopped payment on the dailies and they're clawing you back. That's the worst, cuz you did all that work for nothing!

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by StealMyDeal View Post
    Generally, there isn't anything you can do other than send them to collections (if you have a collections company willing to chase small amounts like that) or take them to court, neither of which is likely to be worth it unless we're talking about a fee > $5K.

Chalk it up as a learning experience. Tighten your processes, pre-sell your fees, do your own post-funding call and remind them about the fee, how much it is, when it's coming out, and the consequences should it be rejected.

We've also found there to be a correlation between blocking PSFs and defaulting on advances. Hopefully you dont get an email from the funder in a couple of days saying the merchant stopped payment on the dailies and they're clawing you back. That's the worst, cuz you did all that work for nothing!

this is correct great advice...i guess people cant steal your deals lol

...other than he said it was collateral...which is why I said call the Funder/Lender
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-02-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 306908

2 things
    1. the threat of being sent to collections
    2.when it is merchants that go through other type of financing and are always negative , i found sending them a paypal invoice that they can pay by cc works .

After that like westcoast said move on

Karen37a
    The only thing I can ever add to this is, if they stop it some banks require them to submit something in writing.

You can request what they submitted ....then you are travelling down another road

Legally there is enforceability of a promise... Bargain Theory idea of reciprocity, an exchange between parties of two promises or a promise in exchange for an action.

again I am not an attorney I only play one on TV

Senior Member Reputation points: 49940

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Write it off as a loss.
    Agreed, you're wasting your time with this. Let the merchant pay their advance and let the funder renew it for you, clearly this merchant isn't going to want to go thru you on the renewal after blocking your fee twice.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@yellowstone View Post
    Agreed, you're wasting your time with this. Let the merchant pay their advance and let the funder renew it for you, clearly this merchant isn't going to want to go thru you on the renewal after blocking your fee twice.
    I agree...that's why he needs to call the funder to alert them that it happened. Something went wrong, best case ..funder renews for you or they are defaulting or the funder swipes the renewal

And this is why its best to be in good graces with the funders...make them profit they will help

Karen37a
    Then this merchant defaults....and then some wonder why I take it personally and do not want the guy taking more money again

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

One option and its free is get them to sign and agree to fee. You can print out a check template online with their bank account number, routing numbers, and company name. Once they are funded you can cash this fee check against their account.
    Last edited by TheShitzuofMCA; 07-02-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by The****zuofMCA View Post
    One option and its free is get them to sign and agree to fee. You can print out a check template online with their bank account number, routing numbers, and company name. Once they are funded you can cash this fee check against their account.
    Or check by phone software so you can keep a record of the transactions for the end of the year 1099 purposes

Senior Member Reputation points: 306908

Quote Originally Posted by The****zuofMCA View Post
    you can put a stop payment on a check also

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    you can put a stop payment on a check also
    I had one client try to reverse me...as instructed by a broker I fired for attempted backdooring and trying to fund defaults and coaching merchants on the merchant calls.

The Bank called me...I bought a Prada purse with the money...and the merchant is still my client

Karen37a
    These brokers then collectively went on to spread the love nationwide...defaulting upwards of 10 million

While they tried to tear the ethical ones down who didn't want any part of it....and the merry band joined in.

Off to close 500k then training for newbies and then yet another vacation the 4th( which means heading out to the boat)...gotta love renewals.

**There is a chance that merchant was instructed or coached to block the ach so the other broker can get in good graces with them

Senior Member Reputation points: 27981

Was this a WBL deal and was the ACH for an appraisal? Merchants can get cold feet when it comes to an upfront fee of $1500.

Karen37a
    That is a Bpo ...brokers price opinion

He is referring to a brokers fee or psf

Ps. Those brokers tried to reverse the fees AFTER they got paid commission...if they were not so greedy and rushing me I wouldn't have saw it coming.

Then some of them skipped off to debt relief and cursed me out on the DF
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-02-2018 at 04:05 PM.