Roc Funding Group in Staten Island, NYC
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Roc Funding Group in Staten Island, NYC

I know I'm new to the Daily Funder community but I wanted to ask if you guys have ever dealt with this company. Daren is the gentleman I was dealing with originally. Not sure if he's the owner, but he came off as a nice guy. Started name calling all other companies because supposedly they steal your deals and are this and that. Should've been the first red flad but we said "ok fine whatever". What I mean is, he came off as someone "different". Our company submitted a few deals and closed about 4-5 of them, not much, I know, but being that we also eat on renewals, it's not that bad. I'm not sure where things went sour, but next thing you know, Roc Funding was contacting our merchants trying to renew them behind our backs. When we tried to get them a renewal offer, they declined them, but then stated that our merchants would call in to ask for more money and that's why they would fund them. So here we are, losing our own deals to the lender that funded them??? Is that even legal? Any suggestions or advice on how to resolve this?

This company Roc Funding Group is a joke. They hire and let go of people every week, I wonder why. We were very professional in trying to find out balances for our merchants, trying to keep them in house with them and this is what they do? They even renewed a current deal of ours (that had an active balance with Roc Funding Group) behind our backs THREE TIMES and we were NOT PAID, even though a couple days before they funded it, we had been emailing and calling them to find out the balance. I don't want to post any other names on here but please withhold from submitting any deals to them unless you want your deals to be stolen from your own hands. They know who they are. I guess they need money that badly? Just sad how they are willing to bite the hand that's feeding them. We're not even a big shop, so it's not even HUGE commissions and this is what they do? Wish people like this would not be in this industry because they're just ruining it for the good guys.

If any Moderators will like any proof of this post, please message me and I'll be kind enough to send them your way (proof of the funding of our merchants, proof of emails sent to them for balance info with no response, etc.)
    Last edited by TeslaOwner; 06-27-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

First, they aren’t funders, they’re brokers.

Secondly, this: https://debanked.com/2017/09/isos-al...osive-lawsuit/

Do your research.....

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

Wow

Senior Member Reputation points: 226631

Would that explain why they won't send a payoff letter to a merchant I have?
    It happens to be that they're in the bank statements, and did fund this merchant.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Would that explain why they won't send a payoff letter to a merchant I have?
    It happens to be that they're in the bank statements, and did fund this merchant.
    Unless they white labeled. Even pulls can be white labeled.

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Brokers Fund as well.

We broker, and Fund in House.

Many people from this board have funded and received In House Offers from me, as well as Funded brokered out deals.

Senior Member Reputation points: 15507

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    Brokers Fund as well.

We broker, and Fund in House.

Many people from this board have funded and received In House Offers from me, as well as Funded brokered out deals.
    So you work for Roc funding? (the one who got sued by Yellowstone for having a corporate bailout)
    High risk paper

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Unless they white labeled. Even pulls can be white labeled.
    Yes, the pulls can be white labeled. Thats why I just roll my eyes when people offer proof that they are a "direct funder" because you see them pulling.

People would have no idea what I am pulling under....EVER...its like a big target for stacking and drama

it has been fun west coast....you are entertaining to most( you did have some great posts..the backdooring wink in the mirror one is my top one for you...we fell off our chairs laughing) ...don't forget to tease me every so often I feel lonely lately : ) << dont really do this lol
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-29-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 14335

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightAdvance View Post
    So you work for Roc funding? (the one who got sued by Yellowstone for having a corporate bailout)
    No, he was simply stating that he also brokers and funds in house.....
    Joseph Boyle
    Skyline Funding
    Joseph@Skyline-Funding.com

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    No, he was simply stating that he also brokers and funds in house.....
    Correct.

That explains it now. Not really sure what some of these companies gain off of this I really hope they can all just shut down tbh.

Anyway, still paying them a personal visit soon and hopefully we get our money.

Thanks for all your help guys!

This post says everything that needs to be said about this industry right now. There are brokers jumping into this space, literally knowing NOTHING except their buddy is making a killing, who think they know everything and refuse to actually make relationships and learn the industry. They want to sign up at a few funders, do barely any research, then ***** when they find out the funder is really a broker. The reality is YOU DONT KNOW WHERE TO GET YOUR DEALS FUNDED so what does it matter for now? Half the people on here can't even close a deal, i see posts all the time crying because an underwriter went over the terms of the agreement with the merchant they duped.

You don't get to just jump into something and be hand held by asking question after question on this forum. Learn the industry first. It is incredibly annoying to be questioned by every 'broker' about where our funds come from, our partnerships with which companies, etc... If you could get your deal done you wouldn't have sent it to me in the first place. If I decline it and offer to shoot it to our partners, maybe don't shoot your foot off and act like you're someone in this industry. If you sent your deal to someone who brokered it out but still got it done when you couldn't, what are you really complaining about? That some company didn't give you their entire business plan when you just started as a broker 2 days ago?

Quote Originally Posted by fundingmanager View Post
    This post says everything that needs to be said about this industry right now. There are brokers jumping into this space, literally knowing NOTHING except their buddy is making a killing, who think they know everything and refuse to actually make relationships and learn the industry. They want to sign up at a few funders, do barely any research, then ***** when they find out the funder is really a broker. The reality is YOU DONT KNOW WHERE TO GET YOUR DEALS FUNDED so what does it matter for now? Half the people on here can't even close a deal, i see posts all the time crying because an underwriter went over the terms of the agreement with the merchant they duped.

You don't get to just jump into something and be hand held by asking question after question on this forum. Learn the industry first. It is incredibly annoying to be questioned by every 'broker' about where our funds come from, our partnerships with which companies, etc... If you could get your deal done you wouldn't have sent it to me in the first place. If I decline it and offer to shoot it to our partners, maybe don't shoot your foot off and act like you're someone in this industry. If you sent your deal to someone who brokered it out but still got it done when you couldn't, what are you really complaining about? That some company didn't give you their entire business plan when you just started as a broker 2 days ago?
    Lol uh are you with Roc Funding? What you just stated sounds very shady and that's why the industry is where it is "right now". Because you are doing exactly what we are discussing. What does it matter if someone asks for help on here? Isn't that doing research which you claim some aren't doing? You just answered your own question. I would like to see how long you last with that awesome business model of yours. Anyway thanks to everyone else who actually have a heart.