Snap is going Crazy and needs to train employees
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 242182

This is why I always interview the client, and figure out what the ROI on a loan will actually be. That way, when they do ask about it, I have ammo to explain back why this works for them. It's always good to know how the business model works and see that every dollar they invest in the business makes ROI of X dollars over Y period of time... get them to justify an MCA themselves. If it's not justifiable, don't push them.

When they balk at the price, tell them how it's justified, and that the rate isn't the focus, rather the amount of dollars in their account at the end is the focus. Also gives you an idea if you can sell them on 12 points upsell, or if only 4.

If that doesn't work, then back it up with other non-MCA opportunities.

Maybe I'm just a bad salesman....

Senior Member Reputation points: 58271

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    This is why I always interview the client, and figure out what the ROI on a loan will actually be. That way, when they do ask about it, I have ammo to explain back why this works for them. It's always good to know how the business model works and see that every dollar they invest in the business makes ROI of X dollars over Y period of time... get them to justify an MCA themselves. If it's not justifiable, don't push them.

When they balk at the price, tell them how it's justified, and that the rate isn't the focus, rather the amount of dollars in their account at the end is the focus. Also gives you an idea if you can sell them on 12 points upsell, or if only 4.

If that doesn't work, then back it up with other non-MCA opportunities.

Maybe I'm just a bad salesman....

You are a good salesman if you do this, don’t smack yourself around too much. No honest, for reals reals..... Our slowest clients at www.dumbleads.com who practice this are also our best clients, ‘cause they get the best returns.