The Top Ten Mistakes That People Make In Sales - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elizabeth can you please sign up with AJ Equity? I would love to get random phone calls about things like this while working on your deals

Email me matthew@ajequity.com

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    could not agree more with all of this. There are many different ways to accomplish each of these things and every closer does it different. The one thing I can promise you though is anyone who is successful in this business understands these concepts and has their own way of doing them.

One thing I will add to this is the importance of a closer finding his or her own voice. I have worked with people that I consider some of the best closers in this industry over the years and if you heard each of them pitch a deal you would think they were all selling different things. Once you understand the industry, the product and the pitch, the next step is finding the right words that fit you to make you the best closer possible. Scripts are good to start but if you cant tailor the pitch to fit your personality you will never succeed.

SO I GUESS THE MISTAKE IS BEING SCARED TO GO OFF SCRIPT
    I agree to a point but people do not realize when they are new ( and old) that they are using fear-inducing words in their homemade script. They also cant get past the gatekeeper they also use yes or no questions ( you will be told no 99% of the time)

And if you do not build your "pitch" like a crescendo in a good song or hook you to the story like a good country song or book/movie...having people hanging on the edge of their seat for the conclusion you get hung up on.

There are better public speakers than some, better script writers, better salespeople and trainers...better singers, songwriters etc.

This is a song and a performer who grabs you right from the start of the song to capture you....great sales scripts, salespeople, speakers, do the same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWcS9k2SvfI

( people on my team need to stick on cue untill they can close a few sales)

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Biggest mistake is going to Florida:

Florida man charged after asking deputies to test meth's quality

PALATKA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida man was arrested after complaining to deputies that he might have been sold the wrong drug. ....

Deputies say Kelly called the sheriff's office earlier Tuesday and explained that he had bought some meth about a week earlier. He said he had a bad reaction after smoking the drug and asked if deputies could test the narcotic's quality.

At a detective's invitation, Kelly drove to the sheriff's office and handed over a clear, crystal-like substance wrapped in aluminum foil. Authorities say it field-tested positive for methamphetamine, and Kelly was arrested.

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/flor...-meths-quality

Karen, what is wrong with you people?
    Did you have a stripper meth head dump you off in a trailer in florida? And now you hate the whole state? lol She cut out on you after becoming a hairdresser and started dating "roller" from claws

where the hell is plakta or where ever that is.

They say...come to Florida on Vacation Leave on probation come back on Violation

That's how they make their money here #1 economy is/was arresting people #2 is tourism

don't drink and drive it will cost you 80k for 3 glasses of wine. Then you have to tackle the county to changes laws force regulation then the state and the the mughshot guys arrested

Gotta love Regulation...everyone goes to Jail
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-14-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Karen37a
    Florida is a fan of posting crimes...other states are not so stupid, like NY ...they don't want to harm tourism

crime statistics are the same all over...very low crime in my area. That's why Raymond James Buildings are across the ramp from me and Franklin Templeton Investments...This is a Financial Services area.

We just keep is secret so everyone goes to boca and we buy up properties

Karen37a
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/amygutt.../#9596dfb4d6d4

Bill Gates and Jeff Vinik retired from Fidelity Investment Magellan Fund. In Tampa

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay...te-as-the.html

Dibartolo former owner of the 49rs

Derek Jeter

I can go on and on and on and on...this isn't Florida that you are used to visiting. That's why they call that shopping mall " the rich people's mall". I am not the Clearwater/Tampa/St pete tourism society lol

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...a_Florida.html

And there are no state taxes and the cost of living is 50% less than NY ( secrets out now)

West cost what does your town look like?
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-14-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Let's stick to the original topic. Any other useful tips out there?
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    # 7 Forgive yourself for the mistakes you made in sales in the past.

Salespeople must erase the slate every month, every day...do not live out what you could have done or should have done. Clear your mind...new call, new hour, new day,new month, do not let it grip you for months on end or years.

From this day forward, my history will cease to control my destiny. I have forgiven myself. My life has just begun. I will forgive even those who do not ask for forgiveness. I will forgive those who criticize me unjustly. I will forgive myself. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-14-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

#14 Clearly state your expertise in their SIC/NAICS and be able to back it up

#15 Aggressively harvest referrals. Leverage the good relationships you worked so hard on.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

DON'T RISK your relationships because of ONE DEAL (aka don't get greedy)

Never bite the hand that fed you (some people are feeling it now years later)

"Don't let your "Ego" or "Title" or get in the way of you being a real person... Money, cars, and jewelry are a great flashy sales incentive but loyalty is everything. Real attracts and STICKS with real - so don't think you are any special than the person you are on the phone with!" - Amanda Kingsley

"Time grows you when you take action. Time slows you when you think too much. Wasted time can't be taken back but money can always be made again if your consistent." - Amanda Kingsley
    Last edited by WhoisKingsley; 06-14-2018 at 12:51 PM. Reason: had to quote myself lol
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

Karen37a
    # 8 To build a Large Team or Organization you must be replicable or duplicatable.

Mcdonalds created a huge franchise system...all menus the same. Burger King followed McDonald's pattern, they decided wherever Mcdonalds went they would follow ( they must have put demographic reasarch into it)

If you want to build a team the system must be something that can be followed ( not a system of creating an LLC, then getting top producers or non related isos to send you deals or backdooring)

Your team is only going to do 1/4 of what you do. So if you close one sale..there you have it

You close 5..same thing

This is a game of follow the leader...look at different organization and their leaders and how the people follow their path to success

So start with yourself...Join a reputalbe iso or a brokers broker..they can steer you

Last tips are how to implement this in a few steps..cant post you are competition gl
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-14-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338265

Om..I will chime in here with some simple rules:
    -Know your prospect/customer and know your capital source.
    -Don't brag about something you are not or can't do.
    -Before even picking up the phone and calling a prospect, do a little research on their company......same goes for capital sources.
    Rule #1 You make money off customers. Everyone is your customer: prospect, broker, capital source, advisor, etc.... Treat them with respect and respect their time.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Senior Member Reputation points: 34509 Jstarr's Avatar

The Top Ten Mistakes That People Make In Sales

in response to "the top ten reasons people fail" is they spend too much time responding to the Daily funder instead of hitting the phones...
    Jerry Starr
    Insource Funding
    433 Plaza Real,
    Boca Raton, Fl 33432
    P: 800-805-3391 Fx: 561-270-6895
    insourcefunding.net

WHAT WOULD YOU DO " IF " YOU HAD THE CAPITAL

◆ 50% LTV - No Fico Required
    ◆ 90% CLTV on Purchases
    ◆ Investment Residential / Commercial Properties