Favorite Panel at Broker Fair
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Favorite Panel at Broker Fair

I have to say for me it was the great debate with the 4 CEO's going back and forth on stacking and some of the other issues facing the industry. I was curious what other people found interesting or the most helpful.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    I have to say for me it was the great debate with the 4 CEO's going back and forth on stacking and some of the other issues facing the industry. I was curious what other people found interesting or the most helpful.
    by far my favorite . seeing sol and Jeremy sitting to next to each other and staying so professional was awesome .

that was the most polite sword fight I have ever seen. I could have watched the 4 of them go round and round for another hour easy
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Wish I could have seen it. When is Sean going to create a Youtube channel and post these things?

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

That was definitely the best forum. Learned a lot from them! Second best was the Sales Closer forum. Learned some good tips!
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    That was definitely the best forum. Learned a lot from them! Second best was the Sales Closer forum. Learned some good tips!
    What did you learn...share with the group I am sure most will find it interesting.

I could tell you but then I'd expect an override on deals you close using my tactics
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    I could tell you but then I'd expect an override on deals you close using my tactics
    Its a proprietary secret and I have a fiduciary responsibility..if you give me 1 % of your confidence ill earn the rest, your best friend was a stranger at one point correct, what i thinjk you are saying is you do not trust me...benefit from our instituional timing and quantaive anaysis, if you give me your trust this one time you will never have to ask for it again pick up 1000 shares you will be glad you did : )

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

I personally enjoyed the beheadings of the defaulted merchants. The snacks during that portion were amazing.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    I personally enjoyed the beheadings of the defaulted merchants. The snacks during that portion were amazing.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    damn it I missed that
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    by far my favorite . seeing sol and Jeremy sitting to next to each other and staying so professional was awesome .
    Jeremy is a real mentch ! met him at a different conference. for the size of a company he operates hes very grounded vs other companies his size....
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    ——————————————————————————
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Missed the beheadings. I was watching the white labelers get drawn and quartered instead.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnetwork View Post
    missed the beheadings. I was watching the white labelers get drawn and quartered instead.
    lol

Karen37a
    Well whatever you guys did, sounds like you had fun...next one can be bigger and better...no duck guy

i also found interesting when a certain name was mentioned by the lawyer panel it was obvious that half of us in that room was sued by him .

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Jeremy is a real mentch ! met him at a different conference. for the size of a company he operates hes very grounded vs other companies his size....
    did not see any mantis representation ? were you there ?

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    i also found interesting when a certain name was mentioned by the lawyer panel it was obvious that half of us in that room was sued by him .
    I am not aware of this...is it a debt relief guy?

Senior Member Reputation points: 18447

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Keep in perspective that Rapid, Can and Pearl are not that big anymore. Thinking Yellowstone funds more monthly than those 3 combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Keep in perspective that Rapid, Can and Pearl are not that big anymore. Thinking Yellowstone funds more monthly than those 3 combined.
    I dont know about that, could be true but you are talking about different types of funding when you talk about Rapid, Can and National. Those are strictly 1st position funders, different quality of merchant. To compare the 2 is difficult especially when yellowstone is a group of different funders all working under the umbrella of yellowstone while those are single funding entities. Can't take anything away from yellow they kill it with what they fund just I look at them different then those other companies
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Im not going to get into a big bloodbath over my comments but as someone said ...different business models.

I always believed can was going under or have to restructure

no matter what brokers/isos look at certain leaders and company with respect...others not so much.

Chanting on stage in another lifetime >>>And Leadership is not everything its the only thing !!!!

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

did on deck attend? they are one of the largest funders in the space. assume other brands like square and kabbage didn't attend as they are non broker based.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    did on deck attend? they are one of the largest funders in the space. assume other brands like square and kabbage didn't attend as they are non broker based.
    I would think that companies that cut their isos off at the head, kept the book of business, then get money from banks would not attend, nor prosessing companies who do cash advances or Amex , Paypal

These are probably the "iso friendly" companies

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

all of these panel companies have large direct sales (not sure about pearl), but the others def do. Sounds like they still want broker business if they invested in the fair and advertising. any idea what national , pearl and rapid fund each month? CAN is in rebuild mode so they are slowly getting it ramped back up.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    all of these panel companies have large direct sales (not sure about pearl), but the others def do. Sounds like they still want broker business if they invested in the fair and advertising. any idea what national , pearl and rapid fund each month? CAN is in rebuild mode so they are slowly getting it ramped back up.
    I am not sure if the "panel companies" are a few or all. 1099 Isos business is a free marketing channel to get business applications in...some companies are fair and want the isos to fund, some are the backdoor bonaza.

To underestimate the 1099 outside sales force is a terrible mistake...you really do not know what the 1099 leader can or can not do...everyone started from zero