Favorite Panel at Broker Fair
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    maybe i am wrong but i did not see on deck , credibly ,business backer , mantis and knight to name a few that i believe are in the high funding volume .
    On Deck still fashions themselves as a different vehicle than cash advance, so they probably didn't feel the need to grace everyone with their presence. Plus, Breslow is probably hella mad at 3/4 of the ISOs that were there, due to all their stacking.

Same was probably true for TBB. They detest the stackers to no end. Though, surprised Lil David didn't pop in, as he has relocated to NYC.
    Then again, he told me recently that TBB is no longer interested in any ISOs that cannot submit and fund $500K a month with them (I almost spit out my coffee when he said that)

Veteran Reputation points: 159120 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    On Deck still fashions themselves as a different vehicle than cash advance, so they probably didn't feel the need to grace everyone with their presence. Plus, Breslow is probably hella mad at 3/4 of the ISOs that were there, due to all their stacking.

Same was probably true for TBB. They detest the stackers to no end. Though, surprised Lil David didn't pop in, as he has relocated to NYC.
    Then again, he told me recently that TBB is no longer interested in any ISOs that cannot submit and fund $500K a month with them (I almost spit out my coffee when he said that)
    Maybe I am worng but I think an attitude like that towards ALL iso's is a recipe for failure.. I get looking at some iso's that way because there are some iso's that should be looked at that way. Problem is they need iso's to drive them business and people dont want to work with people who put undo burden on them and guaranteeing 500k a month to one bank is more then what most iso's can do
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    Maybe I am worng but I think an attitude like that towards ALL iso's is a recipe for failure.. I get looking at some iso's that way because there are some iso's that should be looked at that way. Problem is they need iso's to drive them business and people dont want to work with people who put undo burden on them and guaranteeing 500k a month to one bank is more then what most iso's can do
    Johnny, ever since ODC aligned with Chase, they think their poop smells of Potpourri. They have a small in house team, a few strategic alliances, and referrals from Chase.

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

Johnny, ever since ODC aligned with Chase, they think their poop smells of Potpourri. They have a small in house team, a few strategic alliances, and referrals from Chase.
    they have several strategic alliances with consumer loan companies as well that directs any business loan inquiry to their site. they have been working other angles to acquire the business along with their expansion to Australia. Looks like Capify investing in that market to.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    they have several strategic alliances with consumer loan companies as well that directs any business loan inquiry to their site. they have been working other angles to acquire the business along with their expansion to Australia. Looks like Capify investing in that market to.
    Wife from Australia 1) its a very small market 2) the top 3 banks in Aus are cash rich and bend backwards to approve local merchants for a few reasons but mainly the goverment presses them to make loans to Merchants 3) government has many programs similar to SBA ... I cant see anyone build too large of an MCA of a company in Aus. 4) the government while backs free economy they are more liberal (in US terms) and make it hard to enforce collections and may side with the small merchant over larger funder.
    Last edited by mcaguru; 05-17-2018 at 12:43 PM.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Wife from Australia 1) its a very small market 2) the top 3 banks in Aus are cash rich and bend backwards to approve local merchants for a few reasons but mainly the goverment presses them to make loans to Merchants 3) government has many programs similar to SBA ... I cant see anyone build too large of an MCA of a company in Aus. 4) the government while backs free economy they are more liberal (in US terms) and make it hard to enforce collections and may side with the small merchant over larger funder.
    it helps their stock if they show global vs domestic only sales.

TBB wouldn't have said that pre enova acquisition. good luck with their business development manager getting any ISO to commit to that quota. one thing is submitting (easy part), the other is actual funding. most shops out there use several companies to get the job done. if that's their direction, better off pushing direct marketing and direct sales (I'm sure they already are) and calling it a day.

ODC- they already did the grand tour of brokers back in the day and it built their company (for good or bad) . that wife beater has been worn.