Favorite Panel at Broker Fair - Page 4
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    great meeting you to . When the pictures coming out ?
    cant wait to see LOL
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Wife from Australia 1) its a very small market 2) the top 3 banks in Aus are cash rich and bend backwards to approve local merchants for a few reasons but mainly the goverment presses them to make loans to Merchants 3) government has many programs similar to SBA ... I cant see anyone build too large of an MCA of a company in Aus. 4) the government while backs free economy they are more liberal (in US terms) and make it hard to enforce collections and may side with the small merchant over larger funder.
    it helps their stock if they show global vs domestic only sales.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Speaking of Strategic, they do equip leasing now?
    I thought I saw a posting that they were going to start offering this and other products. make's sense if you have a direct sales channel. why be a one trick pony. only offering mca's is not retaining accounts for folks as a stand alone like it used to. crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    Well National said they spent about 15 million on marketing in 2017, also said they are 60% in house funding and 40% ISO. If someone else who was there can confirm I am remembering those numbers correctly but that is what I believe they said. Exact funding numbers they did not say when they spoke but if you think about the numbers they did give its safe to say they funded a big number in 2017
    after doing research, this is the same co!

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...-value-1093552

Veteran Reputation points: 159120 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post

that post is from 2013 doesnt exactly hold a lot of weight for me, especially if that was their leasing company. different business
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

yes 5 point capital was started by a Dave Feder and Dave Gilbert -- reached out to them in 2006-7 while they were into equipment leasing to send me MCA paper! since then Feder moved into real estate....

Good Folks!!
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

I thought I saw a posting that they were going to start offering this and other products. make's sense if you have a direct sales channel. why be a one trick pony. only offering mca's is not retaining accounts for folks as a stand alone like it used to. crowded.
    I wonder if they're letting brokers offer the product.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    that post is from 2013 doesnt exactly hold a lot of weight for me, especially if that was their leasing company. different business
    what does this mean though? "National Funding was a direct company only, Gilbert explained, writing primarily nine month business loans, selling them off to a host of other business loan companies, discounting them as he did at Five Point Capital. His web site states they do “small business loans, equipment leasing, merchant cash advance, and credit card processing.”

http://leasingnews.org/archives/Oct2..._21.htm#growth

Veteran Reputation points: 159120 J.Celifarco's Avatar

what does this mean though? "National Funding was a direct company only, Gilbert explained, writing primarily nine month business loans, selling them off to a host of other business loan companies, discounting them as he did at Five Point Capital. His web site states they do “small business loans, equipment leasing, merchant cash advance, and credit card processing.”

again that is all info from 2013
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

that's half a decade old
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

that's half a decade old
    Or 30 renewals ago.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Or 30 renewals ago.
    I don't live in that clock zone but i like your thinking !
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

"In introducing Windset Capital, Barry Shafran, President, CEO of Chesswood Group said, "Many U.S. banks can no longer afford to consider loans under $250,000 due to their high internal administration and regulatory costs."

Barry Shafran added, "“To meet the rapidly growing demand by small business for timely access to capital, in an environment where many banks simply will not transact, we have launched Windset Capital.""

That one didn't work out.

They originated the loans and sold them. Sort of a common practice.

Karen37a
    Agree....Mantis has only salaried employees and its the "NO 1099 commission ONLY based reps" that allowed us to sign-up and receive files from some of the largest funding houses in the country. ill go a step further when we hire staff they DO NOT KNOW at the start that they are coming to a funding company... it keeps "PLANTS" from being placed within a company to do harm. Its crucial for us to have our partners know that we are from the safest funding houses to work-with!

Regarding not being at the show..its probably one of my biggest business regrets of 2018!! (I could not attend this time around ).

Can some of you cut it the hell out already? Do I have to go thru business building strategies?

Like I did when I built my Master General Agency thru AIG, American General with 500 1099 independent mortgage brokers and life insurance agents?

I taught agents and brokers how to build organizations.

You really do not understand the difference between 1099/ w2 and how it can benefit funders or isos

some isos ARE THE 1099 brokers ...just with a fancy tile of Ceo in the basement of their house clucking about...who create their own LLC so it shifts the liability off of the original true compay .

Do you need me to not only print the magic pitch ..golden pitch book and Primerica 1099 original manual from Art William who has 300,000 1099 agents and brokers?

There is a difference between a Funder/iso ...back office and a 1099 sales force

training in the vale room after the beheadings...open bar
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-17-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Karen37a
    The problem is most can never recruit people who are not getting a paycheck. Takes leadership ability and sales skill ...no backdooring allowed

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

[QUOTE=Karen37a;94757]Can some of you cut it the hell out already.Do I have to go thru busines building strategies?

Like I did when i built my Master General Agency thru AIG, American General with 500 1099 indpendent mortgage brokers and life insurance agents?

I taught agents and brokers how to build organizations.

You really do not understand the difference between 1099/ w2 and how it can benefit funders or isos

some isos ARE THE 1009 brokers ...just with a fancy tile of Ceo in teh basemtn of their house clucking about...who create their own LLC so it shifts teh liablity off of the original true compay .

Do you need me to not only print the majic pitch ..goldent pich book and Primerica 1099 original manual from Art william who has 300,000 1099 agents and brokers?

There is a difference between a Funder/iso ...back office and a 1099 sales force

training in the vale room after the beheadings...open bar[/QUOTE
    Isnt that what marcus is saying that he has no sales force in "mantis"

Karen37a
    Not debating Marcus he is a Direct Funder/ syndicator...funds deals ...not the same as a iso /salesforce

Karen, knock it off.

Karen37a
    Some should have recognized a walking talking financial services information bot...walking over to a phone like a robot to close 500k month one

chanting out "leadership is not everything its the only thing" ...art Williams

You've got the lead from the front...art Williams

No one wants to follow a dull disillusion dang gum cry baby...art Williams

Positivity is the key...Karen37a

Cant learn to ride a bike from a book....Karen37a

Behave ...west coast

Karen37a
    Art Williams Primerica

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_L._Williams_Jr.

There is a reason my resume says "Citigroup"...he owns 21 million shares

Some of us spun off ...Chinese wall was created between us and them( we were not direct Primerica)...bad move on ceos part

We spun out to AiG ...lawyers non competes, dissolved, books of business purchased...sold our shares and out we went

I cant be fought on the 1099 model...commission only, thats all i lived and preached...successful model if done correctly

Karen37a
    Art Williams brings the magic back to Primerica

https://saportareport.com/art-willia...-to-primerica/

The mood of the evening was especially upbeat because it was the first convention since Primerica regained its independence. Until April 1, 2010, Primerica had been a subsidiary of New York-based Citigroup.

It took Primerica s co-CEO John Addison several minutes to be able to speak because the crowd was so pumped up. Rick Williams Primerica s chairman and co-CEO, stood back to watch the spectacle unfold.

“Tonight is a magical night. As Rick and I were in some very tricky times in the war of independence, I dreamed of this night,” ” Addison told the gathering. “Our team, our family, every one united to take this company into the future.”

The crowd responded in an enthusiastic standing ovation.

Then the moment came that every one had been waiting for......

I never got over how much money you could make part-time,” Williams said. “A.L. Williams was not a sales company. It was a chance to go in business for yourself — to build a company within a company.”

The sales force had two goals. To sell life insurance and to recruit new sales folks to their teams, which in turn would go out and sell life insurance and recruit new sales folks to build their own teams.

Building big teams requires you having passion about what you do. It’s got to be more than just about money,” Williams said, who went on another rant about cash value life insurance. “How could those jokers sell that crap? Our mission was to destroy cash value life insurance and build financial independence. Our goal was to destroy those jokers.”
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-18-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Karen37a
    These systems are like white labelling Isos. The difference is the Isos generates its own sales and trains its own sales force and the team leader leads from the front and is usually the best at what they do so the team follows them...
    not a backdooring system, punishing the isos who can generate sales and white labels telling financial services veterans "fk off I am not paying you, do something about it."

“You are here on this earth for just a flicker of time. Your tombstone can read: ‘Here lies a stud’ or ‘Here lies a dud.” Art williams
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-18-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    On Deck still fashions themselves as a different vehicle than cash advance, so they probably didn't feel the need to grace everyone with their presence. Plus, Breslow is probably hella mad at 3/4 of the ISOs that were there, due to all their stacking.

Same was probably true for TBB. They detest the stackers to no end. Though, surprised Lil David didn't pop in, as he has relocated to NYC.
    Then again, he told me recently that TBB is no longer interested in any ISOs that cannot submit and fund $500K a month with them (I almost spit out my coffee when he said that)
    TBB wouldn't have said that pre enova acquisition. good luck with their business development manager getting any ISO to commit to that quota. one thing is submitting (easy part), the other is actual funding. most shops out there use several companies to get the job done. if that's their direction, better off pushing direct marketing and direct sales (I'm sure they already are) and calling it a day.

ODC- they already did the grand tour of brokers back in the day and it built their company (for good or bad) . that wife beater has been worn.

Karen37a
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIqQydmOzNI

This is that kabaa...( can't say the word) guy saying the alternative lending industry is dead, making inferences that no one would attend an alternative lending conference and puffing out his chest thinking "data " is the way to go.

Then some wonder why some don't like them or their affiliates or friends.

Some companies are not your friends

These companies with $$$$ have momentum...its all designed to get backing $$ investors and clients and pushing an agenda forward

People thought lc was the darling of the industry until Frenchy pulled a "big short" like move...tranches, cdo, wrong ratings and left the company after pummeling their stock down ...Wells Fargo had a huge scandal where they opened up fake accounts with social security numbers.

Salespeople cannot be tainted in this nasty way constantly because it's not true.

I suggest Isos and brokers choose your partners wisely and choose the ones that care if you are still in business in a few years.If they are not "iso friendly" they will eventually topple you.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-20-2018 at 08:40 AM.