Favorite Panel at Broker Fair - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    all of these panel companies have large direct sales (not sure about pearl), but the others def do. Sounds like they still want broker business if they invested in the fair and advertising. any idea what national , pearl and rapid fund each month? CAN is in rebuild mode so they are slowly getting it ramped back up.
    they said it straight up , the numbers they fund the percentage of it from direct and brokers . They also said they will always need brokers .
    (Sorry i do not remember the exact numbers they said )

Veteran Reputation points: 159120 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    all of these panel companies have large direct sales (not sure about pearl), but the others def do. Sounds like they still want broker business if they invested in the fair and advertising. any idea what national , pearl and rapid fund each month? CAN is in rebuild mode so they are slowly getting it ramped back up.
    Well National said they spent about 15 million on marketing in 2017, also said they are 60% in house funding and 40% ISO. If someone else who was there can confirm I am remembering those numbers correctly but that is what I believe they said. Exact funding numbers they did not say when they spoke but if you think about the numbers they did give its safe to say they funded a big number in 2017
    Last edited by J.Celifarco; 05-16-2018 at 02:07 PM.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Karen37a
    To compare companies against failing business models is also a mistake. Some companies have not turned a profit since inception and the mistakes that some made cutting off the 1099 sales force should be something that others take note of, or dont...same failing model

Too many expenses not enough $$

off to close make some of my funders money

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    To compare companies against failing business models is also a mistake. Some companies have not turned a profit since inception and the mistakes that some made cutting off the 1099 sales force should be something that others take note of, or dont...same failing model

Too many expenses not enough $$

off to close make some of my funders money
    who is cutting off sales forces??? and why do you keep saying 1099 sales force? Most of these companies sales guys are W2. I know everywhere i worked prior to having my own company I was always W2. I was 100% commission based but was W2
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    who is cutting off sales forces??? and why do you keep saying 1099 sales force? Most of these companies sales guys are W2. I know everywhere i worked prior to having my own company I was always W2. I was 100% commission based but was W2
    Im not explaining. Someone else might.

Im not explaining. Someone else might.
    I dont see anyone cutting off ISO business, yes they want to do as much in house business as possible to reduce commission payouts but I havent heard of anyone turning off ISO business other then the cutting off of bad or underperforming ISO's
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Karen37a
    I dont see anyone cutting off ISO business, yes they want to do as much in house business as possible to reduce commission payouts but I havent heard of anyone turning off ISO business other then the cutting off of bad or underperforming ISO's
    doing in-house business does not reduce commission pay outs as an expense as the commission is an upsell.Ask someone else to go thru all the details with you. They would have to have owned agencies. or multiple isos

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Well National said they spent about 15 million on marketing in 2017, also said they are 60% in house funding and 40% ISO.
    Yes I'm pretty sure that's what the CEO said.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    Yes I'm pretty sure that's what the CEO said.
    And this marketing expense gets pushed down if you have independent 1099 isos.

Anyway ...see you all tomorrow

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

There's a big difference between the 1099 broker model and W-2 model. The 1099 firms have very limited marketing budgets and consist of a revolving door of sales reps who only do outbound dials. They rely on the churn and burn approach and employees rarely last long. The W-2 firms are well capitalized, have large marketing budgets and drive a lot of inbound leads to their reps. They can afford to pay a fixed salary and benefits. You'll usually find the top notch sales reps working at these firms because they're very selective. The 1099 shops will pretty much accept anyone with a pulse lol.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

doing in-house business does not reduce commission pay outs as an expense as the commission is an upsell.Ask someone else to go thru all the details with you. They would have to have owned agencies. or multiple isos
    yes but they have the same upsell and get to pay the money back to themselves through their inhouse sales office. Again you are not making clear what you are trying to say.

If a deal has a 10 point upsell any bank would rather pay the 10 to themselves then pay the sales person their cut rather then pay a full 10 to an outside iso. That just common sense.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Intriguing take. But wrong.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    There's a big difference between the 1099 broker model and W-2 model. The 1099 firms have very limited marketing budgets and consist of a revolving door of sales reps who only do outbound dials. They rely on the churn and burn approach and employees rarely last long. The W-2 firms are well capitalized, have large marketing budgets and drive a lot of inbound leads to their reps. They can afford to pay a fixed salary and benefits. You find the top notch sales reps working at these firms.
    This isnt true... the % of people who succed in a 1099 vs w/2 model is almost exactly the same ( except you have huge payroll)

and 1099 can be face to face not just on the phone like life insurance sales people

And yes the extra 10 points goes to pay for the inside fales force

And if it was such a sucessful model they wouldnt backdoor like lunatics...interesting take

See you tomorrow

This isnt true... the % of people who succed in a 1099 vs w/2 model is almost exactly the same ( except you have huge payroll)

and 1099 can be face to face not just on the phone like life insurance sales people

And yes the extra 10 points goes to pay for the inside fales force

And if it was such a sucessful model they wouldnt backdoor like lunatics...interesting take

See you tomorrow
    Most of the big W2 firms are the guys you can trust, these are for the most part the people that dont back door deals. So again I really dont get what you are trying to say
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Most of the big W2 firms are the guys you can trust, these are for the most part the people that dont back door deals. So again I really dont get what you are trying to say
    Yup, and they don't make outside ISO commish. That is the point.

Karen37a
    Think what you will. I know where the pacer lawsuits are unlike some and I have to bust up fbi stings like lease flease on these boards, and bad grandpa lol

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

I am not aware of this...is it a debt relief guy?
    no it is someone who fills out requests, than gets you to call his cell so he can sue you .

Its a proprietary secret and I have a fiduciary responsibility..if you give me 1 % of your confidence ill earn the rest, your best friend was a stranger at one point correct, what i thinjk you are saying is you do not trust me...benefit from our instituional timing and quantaive anaysis, if you give me your trust this one time you will never have to ask for it again pick up 1000 shares you will be glad you did : )
    Are you howling from the "Golden Pitchbook"?

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Are you howling from the "Golden Pitchbook"?

pretty much lol...committed to memory, brainwashed...that and 100's of other sales techniques and business building strategies

Karen37a
    Ive reworked the script from when I entered the business ... majic script, golden pitch, then drop close, slap hug ...pre qual 1/2 drop close pre qual 3/4...documents

it works like a charm

Im tired of teaching people
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-16-2018 at 06:35 PM.

I thought when Bear Sterns went under the "Golden Pitchbook" was seized and locked away in a secret vault...never to see the light of day again!

Karen37a
    I thought when Bear Sterns went under the "Golden Pitchbook" was seized and locked away in a secret vault...never to see the light of day again!
    it got to Lehman...we got it burned it LOL

edit ** Jordan wolf had a half ass version then claimed he invented it
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-16-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Im tired of teaching people[/QUOTE]

Tired of teaching...or tired of waiting for a pupil worthy enough to challenge?

There is a difference...lol

Karen37a
    Im tired of teaching people
    T
    ired of teaching...or tired of waiting for a pupil worthy enough to challenge?

There is a difference...lol
    [/QUOTE]

more like that....we are giving money away so its yes yes yes yes yes.

I will not sit in any training where they want me to wear a banana suit LOL

lol...the infamous Oakmont days...now there's a blast from the past...Jordan claimed a lot of things over the years...most of it belonged to others