Empower Group - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by empowergroup View Post
    @han solo Please let me know what funder wont work with me. We are on with every CREDIBLE funder in the industry. We are in the industry close to a decade, we have 50 reps, maybe one of the calls slipped through the cracks but we do not train our reps to speak to merchants and/or lenders in a disrespectful manner.
    I stopped by their office yesterday and they gave me the go ahead to tell you this. SOS Capital automatically declines all of your deals no matter how good they are. I am sure you have noticed this. This is because they have recorded calls where one of your brokers attempts to get one of their underwriters to sell him packages. This was like 2 years ago. But it happened you can check it out no matter what you send them they decline it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203963

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I stopped by their office yesterday and they gave me the go ahead to tell you this. SOS Capital automatically declines all of your deals no matter how good they are. I am sure you have noticed this. This is because they have recorded calls where one of your brokers attempts to get one of their underwriters to sell him packages. This was like 2 years ago. But it happened you can check it out no matter what you send them they decline it.
    the plot thickens..

Quote Originally Posted by empowergroup View Post
    There is NO RELATIONSHIP between Roc and Empower.
    Sketch

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Well thats just crazy on S.O.S. Part.

Why not contact Owner of Company.

Broker is Terminated.

Relationship continues going strong making money.

This seems childish, I wont address the issue, ill passive aggressively just decline deals like a girlfriend scorn not talking.

Senior Member Reputation points: 118833 ridextreme's Avatar

I agree Ryan. Why not just cut them off? So they're accepting all the submissions but then declining them just for spite?

Who's the unprofessional now, the lone douche bag employee of EG or SOS Capital? AND they wanted this to come out (more spite) but didn't think how immature of an organization it might make them look and how it might backfire on them (of course assuming that this is all true).

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

Because they want the lead. They are not the first or last broker this has happened to behind the iron curtains with some companies.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2496

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    Well thats just crazy on S.O.S. Part.

Why not contact Owner of Company.

Broker is Terminated.

Relationship continues going strong making money.

This seems childish, I wont address the issue, ill passive aggressively just decline deals like a girlfriend scorn not talking.
    It was the owner of the company.
    David Obstfeld
    Chief Executive Officer
    SOS Capital
    1330 Ave of the Americas, NY, NY 10019
    212-235-5455
    SOSCapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    I agree Ryan. Why not just cut them off? So they're accepting all the submissions but then declining them just for spite?

Who's the unprofessional now, the lone douche bag employee of EG or SOS Capital? AND they wanted this to come out (more spite) but didn't think how immature of an organization it might make them look and how it might backfire on them (of course assuming that this is all true).

We had open deals that we didn't want to get stacked on. We cut them off as soon as our deals were closed out.
    Last edited by soscap; 05-10-2018 at 02:12 PM.
    David Obstfeld
    Chief Executive Officer
    SOS Capital
    212-235-5455
    SOSCapital.com

here's a question for everyone, how many times has your "lead" been solicited after you submit it by a direct sales team. how many times have you heard "we have no direct sales force" only to find out a co does. how protected are your submissions if you really think about it. have you actually read ISO agreements that state in black and white they OWN the lead once they receive it and have the ability to directly solicit that lead and/or their "affiliates"

Quote Originally Posted by soscap View Post
    We had open deals that we didn't want to get stacked on. We cut them off as soon as our deals were closed out.
    But Why Punish an Entire Company for 1 Employees Actions?

Isaac at YS has had rouge employees.... is yellowstone just blacklisted from the industry? No. He handles rouge employees quickly and swiftly and leaves no room for misinterpretation

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

David ... I would never Shame an ISO on the funder/public what your doing is telling all your current ISO's that at some point they can not only get cutt off but can also be aired in public.... I would never do that in public (while on topic the largest A paper funders that submit to us and for what ever reason want to keep their direct marketing to merchants a secreat know marcus would never reveal that info).
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    ——————————————————————————
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    But Why Punish an Entire Company for 1 Employees Actions?

Isaac at YS has had rouge employees.... is yellowstone just blacklisted from the industry? No. He handles rouge employees quickly and swiftly and leaves no room for misinterpretation
    You missed my response to you. It was the owner of the company...
    David Obstfeld
    Chief Executive Officer
    SOS Capital
    212-235-5455
    SOSCapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

It was the owner of the company.
    Yikes.

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    David ... I would never Shame an ISO on the funder/public what your doing is telling all your current ISO's that at some point they can not only get cutt off but can also be aired in public.... I would never do that in public (while on topic the largest A paper funders that submit to us and for what ever reason want to keep their direct marketing to merchants a secreat know marcus would never reveal that info).
    Yet firmly confirming the vast Swamp publicly. Thanks Marcus.

(while on topic the largest A paper funders that submit to us and for what ever reason want to keep their direct marketing to merchants a secreat know marcus would never reveal that info).

names, names. which A funders send you business. Now, that one would make a headline for sure.

You missed my response to you. It was the owner of the company...
    I did miss that. Geeze.

Ok, I get it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    (while on topic the largest A paper funders that submit to us and for what ever reason want to keep their direct marketing to merchants a secreat know marcus would never reveal that info).

names, names. which A funders send you business. Now, that one would make a headline for sure.
    The whole industry is insestuous. I’ve submitted to top A-paper guys, they strung me along with contracts for days, then declined at funding because they said “we heard he was funded elsewhere.” Immediately Submitted to a B paper guy only for them to straight up tell me “we funded him yesterday. The A paper guys sent it to me.”

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

These types of shenanigans make me sick to my stomach...
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

names, names, which A funders shoot deals to cresthill/mantis

Veteran Reputation points: 159120 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    The whole industry is insestuous. I’ve submitted to top A-paper guys, they strung me along with contracts for days, then declined at funding because they said “we heard he was funded elsewhere.” Immediately Submitted to a B paper guy only for them to straight up tell me “we funded him yesterday. The A paper guys sent it to me.”
    who pulled that. thats disgusting
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 50201

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    No kidding...you laugh at them when they submit the deals to you and then stab them behind their backs!

Remember Marcus you arent as straight as your F16 fighter jets!
    Last edited by Cashman1; 05-10-2018 at 03:58 PM.

oh, the old kill a deal at the last minute trick. yes, some are famous for that one. during the interview call, we learned that "fill in the blank" meanwhile, it's being funded elsewhere. what a racket.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

It's more important than ever to develop strong rapport with your merchants. Keep the lines of communication always open. Let them know that unscrupulous parties might try to contact them and ask them to notify you if it happens. Position yourself as the customer's advocate. Don't put yourself in a situation where you can get blindsided. If your merchant got funded behind your back and left you in the dark, then you didn't have much of a relationship with him to begin with.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 05-10-2018 at 04:13 PM.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Senior Member Reputation points: 341293

Again.....know your customer, know your broker, know your capital source.

Three weeks ago we closed a $3Mil facility that we proposed on over a year ago. At the time we proposed the owner decided to stay with their current finance company because they dropped rate when we walked into the room. They came back to us because the relationship soured after the finance company dropped their rate. I notified the broker that the deal is back in play and if we close they would get their referral fees.

Do the right thing and people will call you because you offer great solutions and take care of your partners.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Deleted
    Last edited by Han Solo; 05-11-2018 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Deleted