15% Commission – 5 Year Term – Monthly Payments - Program for Stacked MCA clients
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

Dan, you have a lot of anger and resentment against the MCA space and/or brokers from your posts. Make's no sense to promote in this forum with that attitude. the broker, who you are trying to get to refer on this site, makes a living selling MCAs, whether broker's sell first position or stack. you have to learn to be humble to ask for business from others. that's a basic trait of a business development professional.

Banned Reputation points: 10

Hi fundingsmbs.

I do apologize for losing my cool. Let me make it clear though: I do not have any resentment towards brokers in the MCA space. 6 years ago I started out as a broker in the MCA space, and it was tough then. Now the industry is so saturated that many of you, unless you have a loyal client or clients, have to go way down in your commission to compete, and then from what I hear you even have some funders backdooring you, which is atrocious.

I totally understand just how hard it is to get business and also how difficult it can be to keep a loyal client base when 1000 brokers and even funders are calling them each month from UCC lists, trying to steal them away. The MCA business is very cut throat and its worse now then ever before.

As far as being humble I don't do to well at that. Honestly my wife is a saint for putting up with my arrogance sometimes. I can be a totally obnoxious prick.

As far as people being suspicious, I understand that also. I am suspicious. In the past 3 years I have been burned. One instance was with a sleazy MCA broker who apparently told 3 of his over stacked clients that they should take the lease rebate deal because they wouldn't have to pay by claiming identity theft. Well obviously those claims did not spare any of the clients businesses from getting judgments and one client got jammed up personally because they stuck to their lies and actually used the same email to claim identity theft when communicating with the bank that they used to docusign the lease docs. Sheer genius that is.
    But in the end it ruined my relationship with a good vendor (my only one at the time) and it deeply affected the vendor's credibility with the bank. So pardon me if I don't give a crap ton of info on my company on this forum.

I know that the majority of people on this forum are hard working and decent, but there are also scammers and low lives seeking how they can screw somebody over either for a buck or out of envy. This is not speculation. Like I said, I was screwed over by a buddy buddy broker who I did nothing for but try to help.

Again, I apologize to Karen and to West Coast Funding. No excuses on my part. You guys are trying to squeeze me to see if money comes out or if a stinky brown substance excretes instead. So I understand. And some of your questions are legitimate. I just refuse to answer because I really don't have to. I answer the really important ones for most people and I have way more references than just the 2 senior members of the forum who know I am not full of crap. And because I refuse to answer you do have a right to mistrust me if you choose.

As for Shannon (SBF). Shannon took a chance with us and she found us to be of high integrity in business, and she was financially rewarded for stepping out, and I am sure that she will be more in the future. As for (ABfunder) Micah, he took a chance also and has not gotten burned.

I hope that my response has been helpful.

Dan Coleman
    VP of Business Development
    Lease Rebates Group
    845 Third Ave.
    6th Floor
    New York, NY 10022
    Phone: (212) 634-2846
    Email: dan@leaserebatesgroup.com
    www.leaserebates.net