$400k for Agriculture Business
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

$400k for Agriculture Business

I have a client I'm working with. He's been in the agriculture business for 25 years. He created a business under his wife's name about 5 months ago. He's only generating about $6k in income under that business. He's looking to obtain about $400k to purchase Alfalfa seed to plant in Arizona and sell off in the Spring for approximately $2.5mil. He's willing to provide full documentation that's requested and needed to show that this project will generate the cash flow.

I know it's a long shot, but any ideas? Private Equity? Start-up capital? Project specific advance?

Thanks in advance!!

Senior Member Reputation points: 1422

Collateral available? Outside of something secured I don't think you'll have much luck with that amount.

I hear you. I think he'd be willing to collateralize against another business.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1422

What's the other business? If he can take the advance/loan against that company or cross collateralize, better odds.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

But he prob won't come anywhere near the 400k he wants. This is near impossible, it's a startup idea and those likely fail.

Banned Reputation points: 4530

Can he get crop insurance to cover the growth risk and does he have the product pre-sold?

He says he can get the crop insurance. I can ask about the product being pre-sold - I'm not sure off hand.

Did you ever get this funded? I may be able to help.