Frivolous TCPA violations
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmundpannu View Post
    When calling aged internet leads, you should be running all the phone numbers through the DNC when calling cell phones-while they did an inquiry at some point in time, they didn't do it with you-so if they are on the DNC you have no right to call them. While the lawsuit may be frivolous, it is a TCPA violation. In order to get this "thrown out" you would need to get the information from the data vendor you purchased the information from outlining the date/time of the inquiry, along with the IP information and hope to god that the lead vendor has some type of disclaimer on their website indicating that their information is being sold to multiple companies, and that they are agreeing to the terms of service.

Any outbound telemarketing your business does, you have to be careful when it involves cell phones. Its almost impossible to prove that the cell is a business phone, and used exclusively for business purposes which would be your only defense.

This is correct

Some lead providers have enough sense to say affilates will be contacting you( or grant permission for)...but who knows what people do.

This is why we verify our own leads...double verify then triple thru me...then we are closing, i am doing a mini merchant call sometimes To'ing to lock them down

This isnt as simple as just snagging a deal or knowing what a 1.35 is vs 1.40

100 Ucc's my arse
    Last edited by Karen37a; 04-02-2018 at 09:46 AM.