Frivolous TCPA violations
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by funding221 View Post
    Hey guys, received a frivolous TCPA violation suit and looking for recommendations for best to avoid this now and in the future.

With ambulance chasing attorneys left and right I am wondering if a small ISO really needs an attorney on retainer for such matters. Any recommendations?

p.s. The source of the lead was an aged internet lead that I am sure is in at least several 100s of ISOs database. There is no need to blame the Data/lead Provider....I much rather simply know the legal route of getting these violations thrown out.

Thanks in advance.

I am not an Attorney but ...it depends what the tcpa was for .

Did you robo dial? What product were you selling?Cash advances? Did you call a cell phone number home number or business number?Did they tell your company specifically to put them on the dnc or just someone in general.

. These are business to business calls so the Tcpa does not apply in most cases

.Some people make a living off of waiting for caller to call and break the tcpa( usually credit card offers etc thru robo dial), some set it up with multiple cell phones with minutes on them then sue for something else..And ive seen Funders/ brokers sue back for non meritorious claims

Contact your iso manager or the Direct Funder you are doing business with if you have more questions, I am sure they can guide you.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 03-29-2018 at 09:06 PM.