How can I safely transfer the insurance to the new car owner?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

How can I safely transfer the insurance to the new car owner?

Hey,

I'm going through the toughest phase of my life. I worked as a system administrator in an IT consultancy based in Calgary for more than five years. Last year, we moved to Oshawa after selling all our properties in Calgary.

I started a men's boutique specialized in selling casual wears. The initial expense required to set up such a business was quite high. I relied on credit unions for mortgages. Unfortunately, the business became dull. Now, I'm suffering a lot to make the mortgage payments and other bills. I have no way other than selling my car to raise fund.

What paperwork do we need to complete when selling a car? How can I safely transfer the insurance to the new owner? I secured the auto insurance from a company providing insurance brokerage services in Oshawa. Can someone help me clear these doubts? Waiting for your reply. Your suggestions will definitely help me to find a right path.

Senior Member Reputation points: 116856 ridextreme's Avatar

I think this is a help wanted section in terms of workers wanted, but to answer your question auto insurance isn't transferable. Once you sell the car just cancel your insurance. The only paperwork you need is to provide a bill of sale to the buyer, and sign the title over to him. Visit your local DMV website for instructions on title transfer.

Karen37a
    I bet this is a set up to get cash advance offers to lure in suckers

" i own a business woe is me...i do not have any money...how can i sell my car( something that anyone who ever had a licence knows or know how to walk on down to dmw)

Karen37a
    So an IT guy...doesn't know about auto insurance or to call an auto insurance broker or the DMV

Come on player...bad hustle...start again...next time be a widow who inherited the business..no kids.... smh

( these crazy stories just chip away at your faith in humanity lol )

_____

We had hard money in a loan..mortgage...forclosing on the guy. He was begging me..please my dog fluffy from when I was 7 is buried in the back yard...my greatgrandma cook in the kitchen ..her famous lasagna...blah blah

"ok just pay 3k which is 1 months mortgage payment and they will keep it in escrow and keep you off the courthouse steps"

F y Cun*** bitc** im going to ****#%* cun*** your mother this your mother that.

"what about fluffy the dog and grandmas legacy"

I made it up you stupid bleep, I just came back from Vegas and bought a boat...i do not have that kind of money now

___
    We ripped that house out from under him...I very rarely do not feel bad for people, that was one of the
    very few that we celebrated

** all these sob stories fall on deaf ears , when I am one of the nicest in the bunch you are in trouble
    Last edited by Karen37a; 03-24-2018 at 08:22 AM.