Bloomberg article on Kalamata Capital?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Bloomberg article on Kalamata Capital?

Did you get a chance to read the article about Steven Mandis / Kalamata Capital on Bloomberg? I have known Steven Mandis for over a year and think he's one of the 'good guys' in the industry. Sad to see them focus on him when there were likely others that they could've targeted.
    --
    Brock Blake
    CEO, Lendio.com
    brock.blake@lendio.com

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Mandis is too new to the game to be an industry expert. Of course they focused on him, he was the interviewed party. I am sure there will be other such articles in the near future

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

I think it was because of his high profile goldman sachs background.

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    I think it was because of his high profile goldman sachs background.
    Yeah, I'm positive that's the reason. Just too bad. Steven's a good guy that's trying to do it the right way.
    --
    Brock Blake
    CEO, Lendio.com
    brock.blake@lendio.com

Quote Originally Posted by LendioCEO View Post
    Yeah, I'm positive that's the reason. Just too bad. Steven's a good guy that's trying to do it the right way.
    I know Steve well, he's a good guy with good products. The article wasn't fair at all

Senior Member Reputation points: 148 Capital Stack's Avatar

I know Steve for several years. He called me the day before the Rapid deal PR went out and thanked me for guidance on a target when he was looking to invest into a funder. I had dinner with him last week, the photo in the article is what he was actually wearing and walking around with those two books LOL. You know it is a shame that the article was intended to slander him, but actually showed what a unique individual he is I'm sure we can all be aspired to have accomplished some of the things he has.

Great guy and great for this business as he is driving down rates/factors to merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by LendioCEO View Post

Banned Reputation points: 306

Looking forward to working with Steve. Still scratching my head on what this article sought to accomplish. They spent hours interviewing him + contacting his customers behind his back... to publish this?

Banned Reputation points: 306

Great artists haven't been appreciated for decades... even centuries after their demise. Let's speed up the clock for Zeke and Max on this one....

I say that because in retrospect I am realizing this article is certainly like a Claude Monet, Vincent Van Gogh, Julia Margaret Cameron of small business finance journalism. Masterful. Under appreciated and ahead of its time.

I am sure that over time and with enough empirical observation and experience, many of you will come to appreciate the work that Zeke and Max did here too.
    Last edited by JayBallentine; 10-06-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1322

Steve Mandis is a legend and I for one am honored he is in our industry