Noob wondering - Page 3
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by AMERICApital1 View Post
    Karen so what is it you actually do? You are always writing novels on here on every other post daily. Do you ever put your stellar sales skills to work or do you just type about them on a forum. I do not see how anybody in this industry would have enough time to post as much as you do, if they were actually getting things done.

Deals get stuck in underwriting...cojs...applications ...contracts...stips

I get tired of wrestling them down and just wait like a patient person...then i attack the docs again

Waiting on cojs is a pain in the butt iof i take my eye off the ball...the 30 sales I have in will get" lost "

add ** and you cant speed up payoff letters with some* funders( they are trying to renew and will hold out, you are trying to take them away), so if you are going to try to PUSH, you will lose your mind

What is your business strategy? Are you an inside rep or outside iso?
    Last edited by Karen37a; 03-01-2018 at 03:08 PM. Reason: add**

In this business you are always chasing down paper work. You cant expect clients just to hand you the world. Im always chasing down paper work. Its apart of the business.
    Karen I would run circles around you in selling. Your lucky your not next to me on a sales floor. OMG it would be over! #1

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by wallerbusiness View Post
    In this business you are always chasing down paper work. You cant expect clients just to hand you the world. Im always chasing down paper work. Its apart of the business.
    Karen I would run circles around you in selling. Your lucky your not next to me on a sales floor. OMG it would be over! #1
    lol...lets go...next week im dying this week ..old lady with a cane excuse and im off with family...trying to get 3 damn sales closed

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wallerbusiness View Post
    did you really have to say this.. We will now see a never ending run of comments on how she is the greatest salesperson the industry, no the world has ever seen. The trick is to ignore, you must ignore her
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Ill give you a few warm leads to help you out. They already have an application and banking docs submitted. All you have to do is close. LOL

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    did you really have to say this.. We will now see a never ending run of comments on how she is the greatest salesperson the industry, no the world has ever seen. The trick is to ignore, you must ignore her
    waller is great in sales and he knows that if we competed against each other no matter who wins...we both would be pushed to make more money ( even though id win)

and we are half joking ( sales humor)

Thanks for the warm ones lol

Karen37a
    There needs to be a salespeople section on the board.
    And sales is like paying baseball...we are going into the world series with the thought...I am going to win.No one steps up to the plate thinking...I am going to strike out. " i am going to hit a grand slam homerun"
    w2 vs 1099 mentality

Senior Member Reputation points: 16117 capaxess's Avatar

Good and bad advice can come from anywhere, as long as there's goodwill I appreciate it!

Proving oneself is easy; just do it. Or not.

I welcome words of experience in all it's forms and from any and all the fine folks here who have done this longer than I. My purpose is to use my skill set which proved successful raising money for start up companies to prospect and close MCA deals.
    I feel very optimistic from everything I've seen and heard so far and I'm grateful to anyone and everyone who has offered their perspectives. Thank you!

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by capaxess View Post
    Great advice John, I agree that cold calling general numbers for MCA is inefficient. I would love to work closely with someone who could mentor me as I grope to find the right fit for me in this industry. For now I'm trying a strategy that I think will work based on my experience as an investment banker and my skill set; time will tell.
    Yes, a couple more points to take home:

- Develop your own secret sauce in terms of what brings profitable revenue into your office and allows you to build a nice sized portfolio that you can "sit back" on.

- Another piece of advice I would give you is to not stick around this forum that long. This website used to be a haven for great discussions, insights, trends, credible debates in regards to strategy, etc. Today, the website has been taken over by complete and utter trolls to the point where if you participate on here, you will notice that at least 65% to 70% of your time is actually spent responding to trolls.

- https://debanked.com/ has a ton of exposure on the industry and a lot of training material for your usage. Also their sponsor page is a good starting point to building a funder network.

Karen37a
    The best advice I could give to new people in mca or Financial Service in general and these boards is. Everything isnt always as it seems.The people you think will , wont , wont will and when the curtain is pulled back...some one is an experienced financial salesperon and someone else is driving uber or a truck.

The #1 thing that matters to brokers and isos is that you make sales and commission so you stay alive or you will have to get a full-time job and do this part-time. ( which is fine for some, the commission is high, nice way to make an extra 20k in your spare time)

Some methods are true and tested. Follow people who have been successful in the past or are currently producing $$ because the rest is just theory and conjecture which may or may not work out in the future.

Trust people but verify. Learn who is who. Their are Brokers who say they are Direct Funders for the sole purpose of taking your file away and your commission. There are Funders who have 500k per month who also can not Fund all the applications that would be sent to them so "legally" they can also go to other sources of funding after a certain amount of time passes.Some Funders are making so much money and have so many applications they would never think of taking a few applications away from hard working people. Some will do it no matter what, because stealing and short changing people is a game and way of life to them.

Some people have tried various marketing methods or at least watched OTHERS do it and fail over and over again

The ONLY thing you can every do to prove that what you are doing works in seo, sales, business ...is thru production and profits.

People do not like that I say that because some want to be "seen" as an advisor and looked up to. It doesn't work that way in sales.
    Salespeople will not listen to someone who makes 1/2 sales a month, or left the industry because they couldn't pay the bills or worse yet....got another job for a fixed salary of 30k a year because the life of a commission salesperson is tough and isnt for everyone.

People who have been in sales for a long time have witnessed this separation from salespeople and order takers for years and the drama associated and jealousy and hatred towards the top producers ( some people need to get over it already and fix themselves if they have to)

In sales you wake up every day "broke"...hunting down your next paycheck. It is not for everyone. Some like the safety of knowing that a paycheck is coming on friday.

But for those who Reach for the Brass ring and make it...The big commission is on the horizon and a life that some people dream of.

We went thru a market "crash", some saw it coming ..said it was coming and ducked. We hit bottom. Some that are left have a good foothold on the industry and when ...not if...new money starts flooding back into Mca ...and we make"mca popular again". I believe those that made it thru will make a lot of money.

Its cycles

Be happy . I made the decison to let people get led astray and lose more money because there will be less competition.

Senior Member Reputation points: 6639 gaxisa's Avatar

The best advice I can give is stay off DF during the day and do the opposite of Karen

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by gaxisa View Post
    The best advice I can give is stay off DF during the day and do the opposite of Karen
    Yes ...everyone go to nurses conventions and talk with nurses then ask for the Doctors number to sell a cash advance or loan

See you next week
    Last edited by Karen37a; 03-02-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 58222

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    Nurse practitioners would never get "involved" in cash advances.

In fact people do not like that their staff or anyone including their priest know that they took out a cash advance and they have bad credit.
    My experience with doctors has proven to be this case as well. Especially since they want to keep a certain image, or one might say, airs...

Pro Mac is a company that focuses on funding in the medical industry and has been around for years. Perhaps you can co-broker/work with them and learn through first hand experience.

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Quote Originally Posted by DonMcGrath View Post
    My experience with doctors has proven to be this case as well. Especially since they want to keep a certain image, or one might say, airs...

Pro Mac is a company that focuses on funding in the medical industry and has been around for years. Perhaps you can co-broker/work with them and learn through first hand experience.
    ProMac has been gone for some time now - acquired by Rapid. Became ProMed which is also gone and absorbed into Rapid Advance. Not sure if Rapid will still lockbox gov't and private insurance receivables though.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    ProMac has been gone for some time now - acquired by Rapid. Became ProMed which is also gone and absorbed into Rapid Advance. Not sure if Rapid will still lockbox gov't and private insurance receivables though.

What Hdf is saying is true

What I am saying is not that Doctors cant get funded, because they can and Dentists. I get great offers on them 15-18 months when they are clean, low factors with a few different companies .

The point I am making is with "marketing to Drs" ... you cant walk up to a nurse to get her to introduce you to a Doctor for the purpose of getting a cash advance...the odds are very low. People do not like everyone knowing their finaces...and especially their "financial Dilemas" and you sometimes cant get people to tell the truth about their credit score on the phone let alone have a Doctor tell his nurse " i have a 550 credit score or 620".

Some people will not even Admit to BEING a cash advance broker...let alone snooty people telling other snooty people in the country club they got one.

Instead of going to the nurses...head up to the country clubs and play golf with them..whisper " do you need a cash advance" right on the last hole then get them drunk in the clubhouse and they will admit it...(this last part is sarcasm)

jotucker1983
    I'm confused? I thought some people/trolls in this thread said they had "magical sales skills" and can sell fire to Hell? Now, they are admitting that sometimes market dynamics come into play and make sales operations difficult in some cases (such as selling in the healthcare market)?

The best way to offer any type of service is to try to get access to any type of network or get direct contact information to go straight to the person that would make a decision on something like this.

If you have to go through any type of staff member that's not a part of the "value chain" (and thus, isn't feeling the pain due to the absence of the solution) they are less likely to care in relation to putting you in touch with the right person.

Whatever strategy you utilize, try to get to the person that makes the decisions.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    I'm confused? I thought some people/trolls in this thread said they had "magical sales skills" and can sell fire to Hell? Now, they are admitting that sometimes market dynamics come into play and make sales operations difficult in some cases (such as selling in the healthcare market)?

The best way to offer any type of service is to try to get access to any type of network or get direct contact information to go straight to the person that would make a decision on something like this.

If you have to go through any type of staff member that's not a part of the "value chain" (and thus, isn't feeling the pain due to the absence of the solution) they are less likely to care in relation to putting you in touch with the right person.

Whatever strategy you utilize, try to get to the person that makes the decisions.

You all should start realizing that this person has been lurking for 3 years waits for me to post then counters me and it really is creepy and not funny anymore

jotucker1983

Yes, from what I understand Pro Mac is now Rapid (http://promedhcf.com/). But the product that Pro Mac had was just a regular cash advance anyway, it wasn't really anything ground-breaking that was tailored to the healthcare market.

Senior Member Reputation points: 58222

True but the client base they heavily focused on was the medical industry. It has been a few years since I spoke with them so I forgot they had been acquired.

Karen37a
    'm confused? I thought some people/trolls in this thread said they had "magical sales skills" and can sell fire to Hell? Now, they are admitting that sometimes market dynamics come into play and make sales operations difficult in some cases (such as selling in the healthcare market)?
    Pare of being an "expert" at sales , is being an "expert" at marketing and marketing campagins. When yo uare 1099 not one is feeding you.

You hunt, kill, eat, repeat or starve.

Marketing is knowing who what when and how to do things right, on top of having the sales linguistics down and deep understanding of the products.

Training over 10,000 brokers /agents in my lifetime and building teams.(being 1099 or commission only my whole entire 30 year plus financial carrer and having to find my own clients) Teaching them to keep the costs down. dial off low-cost data, foot pedal it out into the street to generate activity, get refferals...anything thats legal to get the job done has tagh me that certain fools are not coachable and must be terminated inmmedialty. Hard to Fired a 1099 Broker when you are not paying them but some are a cancer and must go before they ruin the rest of the sales force.

I am glad I am not expecting 1099 independent brokers on these boards to give me applications being steered the wrong direction from someone who isn't in the industry anymore because he failed at sales and marketing.Because What he tells you will result in a lonely lonely solitary world of low to no applications that might make you resort to stalking and name calling like a child.

( If this jealous person stops challenging me for 3 years while he has a job outside the industry and trying to slander and defame me making up stories that i told him on the phone that I went to jail for stock fraud, I wouldnt have to defend my sales background and sound concieted , arrogant and narsacistic )

Have any of you had a stalker before? I have had a few. I guess it a man who had low self-esteem who cant handle a woman crushing him in sales thing

this is the part where you have nowhere to go and you correct typos or throw the 7 online degrees in and I say I have a computer science degree from a real college and a 160 iq and a 12th grade reading and math level in the 3rd grade.

Go try to make sales instead of negativly commenting on things you know nothing about from first-hand expereince

John. Stop stalking me, or sending pms or an email get a life outside of me. People are tried of watching you say something, the something else then something else until I had enough and cut you down.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 03-03-2018 at 09:32 AM. Reason: too many typos. speed typing

Karen37a
    I am going to have nightmares soon...some lunatic peering in my window smiling from ear to ear saying" PRODUCE YOUR SECURITIES LICENCE NOW"

Going to bet me on 100 uccs? for the love of sanity. smh

Team claping chanting

hunt, kill , eat , repeat, hunt , kill, eat, repeat

woof woof woof
    Last edited by Karen37a; 03-03-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Knock it off, Karen.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Knock it off, Karen.

West. I want to know when over the last 3 years that this person was slandering me saying that I didn't have a stockbrokers license or barred from the industry for life .....where did you ever say

"john knock it off"

Let me know when you say "john knock it off and stop lying"

Tell him to shut up already. I am not going to let him slander me or go on a campaign against me because he did not make it in mca
    Last edited by Karen37a; 03-03-2018 at 10:55 AM.

jotucker1983
    True but the client base they heavily focused on was the medical industry. It has been a few years since I spoke with them so I forgot they had been acquired.
    Yes, they were zoning in on that market heavily. What I would like to see (and someone let me know if this is available now) is for factoring companies to be able to somehow factor medical related receivables. That would be a great/innovative solution for the healthcare market.

Karen37a
    He keeps causing chaos and then saying

"go to debanked its more civilized" , thats where we are going

Then no one follows him and everyone stays here.

Cut it out already, no one is following him anywhere. Salespeople stick with salespeople, they stay quiet. We all know each other.

1099 salespeople are a different breed...people either cross over from w2 bank mentality or they dont.

Debanked is great, has a lot of information on it. People want to go where they go for a reason.

**And do not think that you do not learn a thing or 3 on what to do or NOT do, being dragged thru 4 market crashes and coming out on the other side and heading back up to the top again, building a team of 1099 commission only people and multiple brick and mortan offices of leaders with different sales and leadership ability. some single member some with 30 brokers , 80 % of them being non coachable and not cut out for the industry or a commission only envioronment
    Last edited by Karen37a; 03-03-2018 at 11:22 AM.