Noob wondering - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    What huge learning curve? We're not selling space ships. You can get a seasoned salesman from Best Buy to close cash advances within 48 hours with some basic training.
    at the rate they are closing stores? Those Best Buy employees will be looking for work

Karen37a
    And also why people are single man shops with no team

or Funders with 5 people in a room

think what you will...you made it to the top of one building in a middle class neigorbohhod "sales idea"

now get to the upscale building ...make it to the top

then hit the immuniati building, when you can see tether moving into bitcoin in advance ...see you there

Karen37a
    You know how many brokers I had to talk down from spending 50k on marketing?

Knowing that they would make 5-10 sales split with me and I would have 0 put into the marketing? then they would be bankrupted?

I had enough ..live by the motto

"if its free its for me" at first...sweat equity

Karen37a
    Flyers , postcards , billboards , trade shows etc etc etc

All ZERO cost to me.

All because they want to avoid the phone.

What the heck do you think some rookie isos are? Some guy who is going to put 50k into marketing and send of 5 deals one funded

Some crazy woman opened up shop near me...lost 1 million and funded 10 deals in a year. Doing business with some of the guys on these boards.

i told her she should have just given me the 1 million...i would have returneed it plus 20% while her concieted self sat by the pool with her poodle and fanned herself.

I have some of her staff now...thanks for the training $$
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-28-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

i am not one for blocking people on an open forum but damn it may be time
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    i am not one for blocking people on an open forum but damn it may be time
    Block me ..its easy..hit ignore

It is not just ME...many brokers are doing it, have done it.( I cant speak for others financial privacy issues...so i have to say I)

keep the costs down...follow a pattern, don't let your ego get the best of your

end of the conversation on this thread for me

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Jesus, Karen.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

ohhhhhhhhh boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    ohhhhhhhhh boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Marcus is the greatest, he has the fastest stips

plugging him because he missed the cue

( and I am joking before people start emailing me /calling me about Marcus)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-28-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 15507

Quote Originally Posted by capaxess View Post
    Greetings all, I'm new to MCA funding (3 months) and hopeful I can benefit from the experience of the fine folks on this board!

For now I'm prospecting healthcare professionals (doctors, dentists, etc) in Florida attempting to develop relationships with local clients. I've been looking at UCC lists (targeted to the market I want) since the metadata lists I already have are ice cold; it's too time intensive to call general numbers hoping to find MCA compatible prospects.

Does anyone have experience with either UCC lists or lead generation software? Grateful for any guidance y'all can offer!
    Midnight would love to fund your healthcare deals.
    High risk paper

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Greetings all, I'm new to MCA funding (3 months) and hopeful I can benefit from the experience of the fine folks on this board!

For now I'm prospecting healthcare professionals (doctors, dentists, etc) in Florida attempting to develop relationships with local clients. I've been looking at UCC lists (targeted to the market I want) since the metadata lists I already have are ice cold; it's too time intensive to call general numbers hoping to find MCA compatible prospects.

Does anyone have experience with either UCC lists or lead generation software? Grateful for any guidance y'all can offer!
    Hi CapAxess,

Welcome to the forum! I like that you are picking an industry to go after rather than being a jack of all trades. Having knowledge of an industry is important when speaking with prospects about their companies. Having an understanding of their business and needs will give you the tools to provide a financial solution that makes sense for the owner rather than just selling money.

I do a fair amount of industry focused cold calling and find LinkedIn can be a useful tool if used correctly. I have also found that attending industry focused networking events and trade shows can be worth the time and money as you might get a chance to meet prospects face to face. You live in a state that has many convention centers that constantly have trade shows on a weekly basis.

You may also consider researching bankers, accountants, and attorneys that specialize in healthcare as they can be a great source of referrals.

I personally do not use UCC lists or buy marketing leads, but I am not in the MCA space. We are factors and asset based lenders. Most of our prospects come to us from outbound industry specific cold calling and marketing and from referral sources that know we have deep industry knowledge in certain industries. You may want to educate yourself on other capital markets product you can offer the prospect besides just MCA: SBA Loans, equipment loans/leasing, Bank products, and other non-bank products.

Best of luck!

Kevin
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    Hi CapAxess,

Welcome to the forum! I like that you are picking an industry to go after rather than being a jack of all trades. Having knowledge of an industry is important when speaking with prospects about their companies. Having an understanding of their business and needs will give you the tools to provide a financial solution that makes sense for the owner rather than just selling money.

I do a fair amount of industry focused cold calling and find LinkedIn can be a useful tool if used correctly. I have also found that attending industry focused networking events and trade shows can be worth the time and money as you might get a chance to meet prospects face to face. You live in a state that has many convention centers that constantly have trade shows on a weekly basis.

You may also consider researching bankers, accountants, and attorneys that specialize in healthcare as they can be a great source of referrals.

I personally do not use UCC lists or buy marketing leads, but I am not in the MCA space. We are factors and asset based lenders. Most of our prospects come to us from outbound industry specific cold calling and marketing and from referral sources that know we have deep industry knowledge in certain industries. You may want to educate yourself on other capital markets product you can offer the prospect besides just MCA: SBA Loans, equipment loans/leasing, Bank products, and other non-bank products.

Best of luck!

Kevin
    Another thought with dealing with Doctors. Get to know the nurses in their offices or nurses that work with them on a regular basis at clinics an hospital. Operating Room and ER Nurses are sometimes the best way into getting to know the surgeon. There are a bunch of nurse networking and professional groups around.

I am attending a large trade show this month that is all about operating room nursing. We are active lenders to temp staffing companies and love IT an Nurse Temp staffing a bunch. The trade show I am attending will likely have over 5,000 attendees.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    561-850-9346
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Karen37a
    Another thought with dealing with Doctors. Get to know the nurses in their offices or nurses that work with them on a regular basis at clinics an hospital. Operating Room and ER Nurses are sometimes the best way into getting to know the surgeon. There are a bunch of nurse networking and professional groups around.

I am attending a large trade show this month that is all about operating room nursing. We are active lenders to temp staffing companies and love IT an Nurse Temp staffing a bunch. The trade show I am attending will likely have over 5,000 attendees.
    Face to Face is great....good to mix it up so you do not lose your sanity on the phone .
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-28-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 16117 capaxess's Avatar

Excellent point Kevin! I mean it! I just started conversations with some nurse practitioners and discovered how eager they are to get involved. Great idea to access the DR. market through these gatekeepers.

Karen37a
    Excellent point Kevin! I mean it! I just started conversations with some nurse practitioners and discovered how eager they are to get involved. Great idea to access the DR. market through these gatekeepers.
    Nurse practitioners would never get "involved" in cash advances.

In fact people do not like that their staff or anyone including their priest know that they took out a cash advance and they have bad credit.

ok im off . Have fun'

Dont head towards seminole and st peteh...or the country club there, its wasting time. My aunt is there real estate agent and they have a memorial golf tourantment for my uncle who died 10 years ago. he had more charisma than I do. lol

They also donate big money to the hospitals
    Last edited by Karen37a; 03-01-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 58222

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    Nurse practitioners would never get "involved" in cash advances.

In fact people do not like that their staff or anyone including their priest know that they took out a cash advance and they have bad credit.
    My experience with doctors has proven to be this case as well. Especially since they want to keep a certain image, or one might say, airs...

Pro Mac is a company that focuses on funding in the medical industry and has been around for years. Perhaps you can co-broker/work with them and learn through first hand experience.

Don't suitcase! If you are in the groups networking and somebody asks what you do... Humbly reply that you are a finance professional that focuses on healthcare. No mention of products or services until you understand who you audience is....
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    561-850-9346
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Karen37a
    Don't suitcase! If you are in the groups networking and somebody asks what you do... Humbly reply that you are a finance professional that focuses on healthcare. No mention of products or services until you understand who you audience is....
    OR you say

"I help people achive their business goals with alternative financing options when the bank has turned them down"

Then they will say " how do you do that"

GOT UM...reel them in

Sales linguistics

** do not throw up on them when they ask "how"

pullllll do not push...get with a top sales person they can help you with smoothing out the lines

The cross roads for all sales people is when they have to lower their ego to be coached. The day you realize sales in not blind luck.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 03-01-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Karen37a
    Or

Doctors and Dentists are very hard to reach

you have to call them in the Am before they get their practice going or you will hear "he is with a patient" " the dr cant be distrubed"
    " Do you realize he is a Dr?" he is a surgeon, he CANT set an appointment, he is a very important man...he is a dentist....all day

( merchant calls ar tough too...one dr told a paper Funder/lender he doesn't have time for such silly questions...hung up on him, got denieed then begged me to go back and get the underwriting to change their mind).

So call them between 8-9...get drs from across the country so you can dial as the time zone changes and you can dial up to 12:00.

Go to lunch ..or eat at your desk ( lunch is for wimps) then dial the extended offer or better sic codes...before you leave call the drs again. Shoot out an email on the 3rd day of calling them.

Ps I got the underwriter to change his mind then the dr stood him up for the merchant call lol

Do not just focus on drs /dentists...you will quit inside of 60 days
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-28-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Karen37a
    op

Watch out if you go to downtown st Pete Hilton...some of the area is kinda ghetto

if you make it there head to feather sound country clubs ...hilton. I am next door.

pop on by my office and say hi

off for a few days vacation everyone have fun!
    Last edited by Karen37a; 02-28-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 38639 patrickw's Avatar

This is my 6th month running in MCA Industry. So far 37 deals funded.
    Patrick Wilson
    Managing Partner
    www.PremierCapitalNetwork.com

(NO MORE LENDER/FUNDER CALL PLZ)

Karen37a
    Also when you call "drs" the minute you address him as "Dr"

Example Dr Bob DoeDr Bob...Dr Doe, Dr

You lost the sale ( they will not see you as a competent advisor) they already put themselves on a pedestal...you have to bring them down to eye level.

** Some Nurses have a Dr. Fetish. they have dreams of being "Mrs. Dr. Something" with a big house, 2 kids, and a big fat engagement ring. ( or they wish they could marry a Dr)

Or they are Nurse Rachet

The Drs do not put much stock into some of them unless they are the Nurse/ wife Nurse/ mistress Nurse /bookkeeper -accountant

So when you meet these nurses, find out who handles the books so you do not waste time befriending Nurse Rachet

or save a trip with a phone call " who is in charge of the business "accounting" and making the financial decisons"
    Last edited by Karen37a; 03-01-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

a good salesmen can adapt to any product or service. there is virtually no training anymore in this industry from direct funders outside a guideline sheet so it may be best working for an ISO who will teach you the product or a direct funder who is hiring direct sales reps. also, getting inbound leads and closing is a lot different than outside sales hunting and closing your own deals. if your new, I would suggest inside sales for awhile until you learn in inside/out.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    a good salesmen can adapt to any product or service. there is virtually no training anymore in this industry from direct funders outside a guideline sheet so it may be best working for an ISO who will teach you the product or a direct funder who is hiring direct sales reps. also, getting inbound leads and closing is a lot different than outside sales hunting and closing your own deals. if your new, I would suggest inside sales for awhile until you learn in inside/out.

Exactly

Or give up all your applications then head back to best buy...saying ( glengarry glenross)

I use to be a salesman...its a tough racket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emSV5DicTVw

Senior Member Reputation points: 2782

Karen so what is it you actually do? You are always writing novels on here on every other post daily. Do you ever put your stellar sales skills to work or do you just type about them on a forum. I do not see how anybody in this industry would have enough time to post as much as you do, if they were actually getting things done.