Greenbox Capital
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Banned Reputation points: 17775 cynthia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Dolla View Post
    I’m not going to explain how Yellowstone works, people pay for that. As far as the old thread re: I shut it down with my last comment end of story
    Don have you ever been an ISO rep?? They have plenty to do with selling the merchants file to underwriters and negotiating within the lender to get offers that brokers can sell, and to catch things that can be overcome within that lenders funding process. Yes they sell, and thats in ways to help deals get done not just to get submissions. a myth is how you view things, not how it actually works.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
    Don have you ever been an ISO rep?? They have plenty to do with selling the merchants file to underwriters and negotiating within the lender to get offers that brokers can sell, and to catch things that can be overcome within that lenders funding process. Yes they sell, and thats in ways to help deals get done not just to get submissions. a myth is how you view things, not how it actually works.
    What hdf said and this is true

Also, certain reps or Isos put their own money into the deals ( syndication)

So another myth is that if a broker who is new sends in a deal to someone everyone is diving over like the reco scene in the movie boiler room to fund it.

If an experienced broker/iso brings the file in and did additional underwriting an screening before they sent it in, they feel safer funding the deal or putting money in. They also will eventually judge you based on your past results...default ratios etc. ( they are putting money into the deals). Which is also why i keep a low low default ratio ( 4 -5 total )and have a high renewal ratios. over 90 %, 100% with some.

Also if there is a deal that is 100k and I put 50k of my own money into it along with the funder, it would make sense that I would not add my money into a deal if I thought it was going to default.

Its also good to have a "friendly" working relationship with someone. as an example...I would feel really really bad if a few funders that trusted me funded a deal for me, then merchant defaults with their money right after funding..(.i do take it personally and 30 years later I do not think I will change) . Which is why I won't take certain deals in or brokers/isos.
    __

Also certain Isos like myself chose funders that I could syndicate with in the future ( only one or 2 mostly like would not).

Some people entered the business on the bottom like Undercover boss to find out who is who and what is what before they bring 20-30 million in of investors money and get arrested for breach of fiduciary duty for giving the money to the wrong company or on the wrong deals.

I am in Florida. Imagine if I gave money to 1st global.

One good thing. Hedge funds/ Investors were watching these boards for years.( which I have been saying over and over..plus regulators) Some of my best friends in real life. They didn't know that I was as good in sales personally or underwriting or compliance ( we are friends they never really saw the inside workings of it all)...they really got a chance to experience a salespersons life and Iso and underwriter. So for that, I thank some of you. They trust me and my unilateral decisions more.
    __

That being said. Con artists stay away from me,I am going to go thru your file like a fine tooth comb in lighting speed and deny the con job ones...do not send anything to me I do not want to do business with you. Stop calling and emailing as well.
    __

ps Cynthia seems to know her stuff I can bet that girl is a strong closer or more

PSS If not for massive drama...I would have continued to be karen...the girl who is laughing at west coasts sarcastic jokes...actually I would have worked for someone getting 4-5 points and just went home at the end of the day ( now I need 100k sign on bouns, shares of potential stock non dilutable, bonus on production and back-end termination package or lifetime residuals)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-13-2018 at 08:57 AM.