$300K Deal About to Be Killed ... and I Can't Understand Why
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 1393

We were ready to fund a High Volume parts-retailer $300K.

Merchant checks out fine but owes $229K to a Trade Partner. Bank wants to kill the deal. Here are my questions:

**For a High Volume merchant doing $8M a year, is this abnormal?

** Just because they owe, does that necessarily mean they are in bad standing? Merchant says OF COURSE he owes it -- but he makes regular payments and is not behind. This just happens to be his level of debt with this Trade Partner.

Trade Partner says they do not intend to terminate the relationship. Merchant is collectible, just a little slow.

What frustrates me especially is that banks are of course especially vigilant on these deals- but if merchants who produced such high volume were so clean, they wouldn't need our product. What do the banks expect when it comes to a deal this large??

Give me a call Burton Brooks @ 419-559-3251 Approved Capital

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

Quote Originally Posted by Quickfunder View Post
    We were ready to fund a High Volume parts-retailer $300K.

Merchant checks out fine but owes $229K to a Trade Partner. Bank wants to kill the deal. Here are my questions:

**For a High Volume merchant doing $8M a year, is this abnormal?

** Just because they owe, does that necessarily mean they are in bad standing? Merchant says OF COURSE he owes it -- but he makes regular payments and is not behind. This just happens to be his level of debt with this Trade Partner.

Trade Partner says they do not intend to terminate the relationship. Merchant is collectible, just a little slow.

What frustrates me especially is that banks are of course especially vigilant on these deals- but if merchants who produced such high volume were so clean, they wouldn't need our product. What do the banks expect when it comes to a deal this large??
    Does the trade partner have a lien or judgment filed against the business?

Nothing is wrong with the deal.

We assume it's because our commission was supposed to be capped, which upon approval wasn't.

Merchant is maxed out on a Line of Credit with his bank. But is current and in good standing. Every Trade Partner vouches for him and one even raised his line of credit twice as much.

Lender tells us: You can't have a merchant maxed out on their line of credit...

Well then why would they need our services if they HAD a line of credit...?

Senior Member Reputation points: 1422

Many lenders nowadays don't even bother with Trade References, I'm sure you can match the offer elsewhere

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock MCA Holmes View Post
    Many lenders nowadays don't even bother with Trade References, I'm sure you can match the offer elsewhere
    You bet they do...and check financials, when the deal is for $300K!

Chambo is right. They will on even the smallest deals.

I'm afraid to announce to this board (and I am HOPING this is premature) -- my ISO office may have been duped.

I am not going to reveal the identity of the lender just yet, hoping this gets resolved and funded. But we have now personally spoken with the Vice President at the Trade Partner company who vouched 100% for our merchant. There's never been an issue.

The implications of this one deal reflect very poorly for the lender in the ISO community at large. I am hoping these are premature projections, however.

Senior Member Reputation points: 16709

Some idiotic UW, we have those in the past, they are to use to reviewing restaurants etcc. Always have 2 lenders for your deals , if they are pulling this walk and get another deal if you have a good relationship with borrower

we specialize in high volume secondary positions

i would love to give you my thoughts

Mark Crow
    Senior Funding Administrator

High Speed Capital LLC

Direct: 201-301-8788
    Mark@HighSpeedCap.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Wouldn't a letter from both the trade reference and the owner suffice on this issue? If he is making payments and showing proof, it shouldn't be an issue if everyone is okay with the situation? Sigh* I don't understand
    sometimes either.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

Send it our way! We will crush it and make sure you get paid exceptionally well.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Can someone recommend a few lenders that specialize in $500k-$2,000,000 deals please ? Looking for a lender that specializes in these larger type deals ! Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie.deangelis View Post
    Can someone recommend a few lenders that specialize in $500k-$2,000,000 deals please ? Looking for a lender that specializes in these larger type deals ! Thank you !
    World Business Lenders specializes in large premium deals, funding 1M+ based on merchants qualifiable hard assets (real estate, vehicles, land etc.) for more info sam@wbl.com

Happy hunting.