Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Isn't this just the question of the day....

In my opinion, referral networks and telemarketing are the way to generate the best leads. Pounding UCC's always works, even when all else may fail. As someone mentioned before, you can always reinvest earnings into targeted direct mail campaigns (sorry for not giving credit for who mentioned this), which is one of the most proven, effective ways of marketing. Just my 2 cents.
I believe this was the quote you were referring to...

08-20-2014, 12:55 PM
Lenders.Marketing replied to a thread Where are you getting your leads? in Merchant Cash Advance

I'm all for referrals but if you are just getting started on a lean budget or you're tired of the same song and dance from the 'lead guys' try something proven to produce since the days of Sears and Roebuck. Direct Marketing (direct mail, phones and nowadays email) is a less expensive avenue and usually a more cost-effective alternative. All of the direct lenders and big resellers do it, why? You know why, because it works.

Let me guess you tried it once and it didn't work perfectly so you determined it doesn't work for 'your' company. Did Mickey Mantle hit a home run on his first at bat? No. (For the young whipper-snappers sub in your favorite current slugger.) My two cents, work with someone who knows what works. You need a solid creative (mail piece, email creative, phone script) and a solid list of business owners.

If you are on a shoestring budget hit the phones and emails first then reinvest in direct mail from the profits you've earned. This is how a lot of the new companies get the ball rolling and how the rich get richer. My advice is to find a reputable marketing company that specializes in the business loan space and experiment with the different products, crunch the numbers and reinvest in the one that works best for you.