Seeking Call Center leads
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seeking Call Center leads

Looking for recommendation for aged call center data, new or aged call center converted leads. Looking for someone that can commit to produce enough qualified leads
    P.S. too many lead brokers that were once considered good seem to be recycling old stuff.

Thanks In advance.

Senior Member Reputation points: 34509 Jstarr's Avatar

Last edited by Jstarr; 12-27-2018 at 11:15 PM.
    Jerry Starr
    Insource Funding
    433 Plaza Real,
    Boca Raton, Fl 33432
    P: 800-805-3391 Fx: 561-270-6895
    insourcefunding.net

WHAT WOULD YOU DO " IF " YOU HAD THE CAPITAL

◆ 50% LTV - No Fico Required
    ◆ 90% CLTV on Purchases
    ◆ Investment Residential / Commercial Properties

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

So call business owners from a cell not affiliated with your business

that would work, or voip lines, google voice etc...
    Jerry Starr
    Insource Funding
    433 Plaza Real,
    Boca Raton, Fl 33432
    insourcefunding.net

◆ 90% CLTV on Purchases

Banned Reputation points: 179851

They have Lawyers that have trap numbers. Like bait.
    You need to scrub against DNC List

Senior Member Reputation points: 2655

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    They have Lawyers that have trap numbers. Like bait.
    You need to scrub against DNC List
    There is no DNC for businesses. Only consumers.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206
    rob.buchanan@data-axle.com

Quote Originally Posted by funding221 View Post
    Looking for recommendation for aged call center data, new or aged call center converted leads. Looking for someone that can commit to produce enough qualified leads
    P.S. too many lead brokers that were once considered good seem to be recycling old stuff.

Thanks In advance.
    "lead brokers" and "good" do not go together and that is probably why you are not having luck buying from them.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Buchanan View Post
    "lead brokers" and "good" do not go together and that is probably why you are not having luck buying from them.
    I completely agree with this. Many of these "lead/data" brokers are usually smaller shop guys who are passing around data from either someone else, or "piece-meal" data they slapped together that isn't quality whatsoever.

For data, it's best to go directly to sources that have the in-house staff, resources, etc., to accurately compile data, like an InfoUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    like an InfoUSA.
    ...aka Infogroup
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Buchanan View Post
    There is no DNC for businesses. Only consumers.
    Many lead lists today have cell phone numbers.

When you are calling aged data there is an overwhelming amount of cell phone numbers

Senior Member Reputation points: 226631

There is no DNC list for a B2B call. However, you must scrub for CELL PHONES if your calling center is using an auto-dialer. And you have to do this every 30 days. It is illegal to dial a cellphone from an auto-dialer without prior opt-in consent. If there is a "click to dial" type option, that removes the problem.

If you hit one of the professional DNC litigants and they find out who you are and that the call center is abroad? They'll sue you (the broker) and the lender, and let your lawyers sort it out. Good luck.

When you are calling aged data there is an overwhelming amount of cell phone numbers

And it is illegal to market to cell phones.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206

Senior Member Reputation points: 2271

Also be aware if someone requests a DNC written Policy, provide them that upon requests.

Let me know if you need help with that I have templates-

jotucker1983

Yes, buddy remove all cell phones. From what I understand about the updated laws, you can't cold-call someone's cell phone either, even if it's a live cold-call (I'm not an attorney, so have your attorney verify, but cell phones are very tricky these days). Cell phones are mainly for people who have given you permission to call them on it.

Your entire campaign should be strictly to business landline phones and while there's no do not call list for a business line, if the merchant opts out, you need to put them on a list to make sure you never call them again.

Also, for your caller ID, try not to put "merchant" or "funding" or "capital" or "services" or "processing" in there because many merchants are flat out not answering the phone when these names pop up due to the significant amount of merchant processing/cash advance related calls they are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    Yes, buddy remove all cell phones. From what I understand about the updated laws, you can't cold-call someone's cell phone either, even if it's a live cold-call (I'm not an attorney, so have your attorney verify, but cell phones are very tricky these days). Cell phones are mainly for people who have given you permission to call them on it.

Your entire campaign should be strictly to business landline phones and while there's no do not call list for a business line, if the merchant opts out, you need to put them on a list to make sure you never call them again.

Also, for your caller ID, try not to put "merchant" or "funding" or "capital" or "services" or "processing" in there because many merchants are flat out not answering the phone when these names pop up due to the significant amount of merchant processing/cash advance related calls they are getting.
    The grey area is they opted in at some point.

John, where did you get your information? No cold calling cell phones? That would kill every call center since most businesses are now run by cellphone. I believe that you are incorrect.

I am on a mailing list from telemarketinglawyer.com (I spoke with the lawyer directly once). What you describe has never been a problem. It's only unsolicited calls from a auto-dialer that are the problem.

Yes, if they opt-out, you must not call them back, and you need to have a way to mark that down, as well. Again, so that you won't get sued by the TCPA.

Yeah, and merchants just answer their phones anymore. SMS sometimes helps, but many of my friends are spoof-calling to get through. Spoof-calling is not illegal the way my friends are using it.

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides...-and-caller-id
    Under the Truth in Caller ID Act, FCC rules prohibit any person or entity from transmitting misleading or inaccurate caller ID information with the intent to defraud, cause harm, or wrongly obtain anything of value. If no harm is intended or caused, spoofing is not illegal. Anyone who is illegally spoofing can face penalties of up to $10,000 for each violation. In some cases, spoofing can be permitted by courts for people who have legitimate reasons to hide their information, such as law enforcement agencies working on cases, victims of domestic abuse or doctors who wish to discuss private medical matters.

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    John, where did you get your information? No cold calling cell phones? That would kill every call center since most businesses are now run by cellphone. I believe that you are incorrect.

I am on a mailing list from telemarketinglawyer.com (I spoke with the lawyer directly once). What you describe has never been a problem. It's only unsolicited calls from a auto-dialer that are the problem.

Yes, if they opt-out, you must not call them back, and you need to have a way to mark that down, as well. Again, so that you won't get sued by the TCPA.

Yeah, and merchants just answer their phones anymore. SMS sometimes helps, but many of my friends are spoof-calling to get through. Spoof-calling is not illegal the way my friends are using it.

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides...-and-caller-id
    Under the Truth in Caller ID Act, FCC rules prohibit any person or entity from transmitting misleading or inaccurate caller ID information with the intent to defraud, cause harm, or wrongly obtain anything of value. If no harm is intended or caused, spoofing is not illegal. Anyone who is illegally spoofing can face penalties of up to $10,000 for each violation. In some cases, spoofing can be permitted by courts for people who have legitimate reasons to hide their information, such as law enforcement agencies working on cases, victims of domestic abuse or doctors who wish to discuss private medical matters.
    Micah,

So technically my understanding of the law right now is that you can't make an unsolicited call to a consumer's cell phone.

The problem is that when a business owner takes his "consumer cell phone" and runs his business through it, in case of a lawsuit, he "might" be able to argue that you are cold-calling his "consumer cell phone" which might fall under the law. Of course you can argue that he is using his cell phone for a commercial purpose, but again, that's why I said it gets "tricky" when you are cold-calling cell phones.

I personally don't run any unsolicited call campaigns (live calls nor robocalls) to cell phones. The only time I call a cell phone is after a merchant has personally given it to me.

jotucker1983
    Micah,

Also with the Caller ID regulation, my suggestion is not to mislead the merchant, but to just setup a Caller ID that perhaps doesn't include some of the buzz words if it's humanly possible. I still use my company's name for my Caller ID regardless, but I do notice that it's much harder to get through these days due to the market forces discussed.

Senior Member Reputation points: 6585

Here is a website with all of the court rulings and what is actually going on! http://tcpablog.com/

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides...-not-call-list

To be safe, don't cold call cell phones. Stick to the business numbers.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

SO I did some research, some of these call centers are getting around the " Opt in " and " do not cal" by calling you from a local number in your area, and when you answer they hang up. Some people are curious since its a local number, and will call back and they can argue that you called in .

Im not sure if that would hold up in alaw suit, but its interesting.
    Jerry Starr
    Insource Funding
    433 Plaza Real,
    Boca Raton, Fl 33432
    insourcefunding.net

◆ 90% CLTV on Purchases

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by Jstarr View Post
    SO I did some research, some of these call centers are getting around the " Opt in " and " do not cal" by calling you from a local number in your area, and when you answer they hang up. Some people are curious since its a local number, and will call back and they can argue that you called in .

Sounds like it will probably piss off any reasonable merchant in the process, tho.

Senior Member Reputation points: 12878

Quote Originally Posted by Jstarr View Post

On that note, does anyone know how to block that? They call from a different number every time so blocking the individual numbers isn't going to work.

This just in.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_c...=1&oi=scholarr

Summary:

Telephone Dialing System Found Not to be an ATDS

In Ferrer v. Bayview Loan Servicing, LLC, plaintiff Maria Ferrer alleged, among other things, that Bayview used an ATDS to call her cell phone 44 times. The Southern District of Florida has found that the system used by Bayview to make the calls to the plaintiff was not an Automatic Telephone Dialing System (ATDS) because it requires call-by-call human intervention. The system used by the defendants was the Avaya X1 platform. Read the court's order granting summary judgment in favor of the defendants here.