whos at the top of your firm
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    John

If brokers are splitting their commission 50/50 ...60/40 70/30 depending on their abilities

and I could close 10 sales myself 50k vg that would be 500k @ 10 % plus 3psf

split off 20-30 brokers commission with me.

Then add in renewals
    I didn't ask for "what if" situations, I simply asked WHO was making $100,000 a month in commissions as a sales rep? Do you know anybody? Who?

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    I didn't ask for "what if" situations, I simply asked WHO was making $100,000 a month in commissions as a sales rep? Do you know anybody? Who?

If you build a book of business of 3 million? how much would it renew for and when?

jotucker1983
    If you build a book of business of 3 million? how much would it renew for and when?
    Once again......I didn't ask you for "what if" situations. I'm going to ask you again. WHO do you know in this business, as an individual rep, that's making $100,000 a month?

Senior Member Reputation points: 49940

Once again......I didn't ask you for "what if" situations. I'm going to ask you again. WHO do you know in this business, as an individual rep, that's making $100,000 a month?

I'll answer. Every single person on that list, month after month.
    Last edited by Anthony@torro; 02-19-2018 at 06:53 PM.

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@yellowstone View Post
    I'll answer. Every single person on that list, month after month.
    Well, that's awesome man. But can we agree, they are doing that based on the leveraged resources I've been discussing? Or, in your opinion, am I off base with that?

If they are getting commission over-rides on all of the external broker new deal volume, renewal volume, and putting a chunk of said money back into deals through syndication.......if they have a large number of external brokers underneath them, I can see how that "could" make sense. Add to this, any in-house large marketing budget deals they are able to work.

Karen37a
    Answer my question

You seem to ask alot of questions but never answer any

jotucker1983
    Answer my question

You seem to ask alot of questions but never answer any
    You provided a cartoonish/imaginary example of making on average of 13 points (10 points plus a 3 point PSF) on a long list of imaginary deals. Discussing imaginary situations is a waste of time. I could provide an cartoonish/imaginary example of someone making $3 million a year off a string of 15 point deals. WHO do you know in this business, as an individual rep, that's making $100,000 a month?

And address the 300 licensed brokers question. What was the name of this firm? What year was this? What other supporting information do you have to validate this is truthful information?

Senior Member Reputation points: 24139

You provided a cartoonish/imaginary example of making on average of 13 points (10 points plus a 3 point PSF) on a long list of imaginary deals. Discussing imaginary situations is a waste of time. I could provide an cartoonish/imaginary example of someone making $3 million a year off a string of 15 point deals. WHO do you know in this business, as an individual rep, that's making $100,000 a month?

And address the 300 licensed brokers question. What was the name of this firm? What year was this? What other supporting information do you have to validate this is truthful information?
    I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm telling you the top reps at the top stacker houses make 1mm+. Same with the top underwriters.
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    Founder & former CEO of Breakout Capital (sold to SecurCapital in 2019)
    www.breakoutfinance.com

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfairbank View Post
    I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm telling you the top reps at the top stacker houses make 1mm+. Same with the top underwriters.

And top isos. And It can also be done with more business A paper as long as the A paper doesnt cut you off or sell you out, like some did.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Karen like paying a M in taxes. she could not afford the pay-cut being a top rep at the big houses.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

jotucker1983
    And top isos. And It can also be done with more business A paper as long as the A paper doesnt cut you off or sell you out, like some did.
    Why are you dodging my questions?

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

I love all the talk about the technology out there and all. The ISO shops that we pay deep 6 digits a year in commissions are (believe it or not) still doing the 1980's marketing strategies (perhaps with a little tech on data). FYI by the time they put in business loans in google -- its too late for the real commissions. (that's all ill say)...
    Last edited by mcaguru; 02-19-2018 at 05:56 PM.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfairbank View Post
    Carl,

Got it, so are these guys mainly internal Reps at the Funders who are fed deals from external brokers, along with potentially getting in-house leads from the company's large marketing budget? Then of course, they get an override on renewals? You also included syndication returns in those figures as well.

Karen37a
    Carl,

Got it, so are these guys mainly internal Reps at the Funders who are fed deals from external brokers, along with potentially getting in-house leads from the company's large marketing budget? Then of course, they get an override on renewals? You also included syndication returns in those figures as well.
    No isos are making the money too...its production based

Carl,

yes exactly.... And why investors get so worried about the 80/20 rule -- is the merchant portfolio the client of the rep or the business?

Syndication is where the top reps really made it big in my banking days. But even from a commission standpoint, 7 figures was norm for top handful at large, high risk shops (again, those days YSC was only balance sheeting 100mm)
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    www.breakoutfinance.com

If you include the syndication returns, at least the top three to five reps at the large stacking firms are absolutely making more than $1MM a year -- and that was back when stackers were lending less than $100mm per year on their books, i have to imagine it's only gotten bigger and that syndication pot just keeps on compounding. Same thing with high-risk senior underwriters. At least that is what it was like in my banking days, and blowing through the $1mm was easy.
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    www.breakoutfinance.com