Leads: Are they worth purchasing and which ones give roi
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Leads: Are they worth purchasing and which ones give roi

LEts see if this forum works or is just self serving. I'm not asking for your'e source or your trade secrets I'm asking whether your a broker, an ISO or possibly funder whether purchasing leads and which types of leads are worth the investment. For me no lead is exclusive, i don't mean the lead gen company lies and just sells it on (the more scrupulous ones without a doubt do) but the fact that how they generate the lead, the merchant will either pass on its information to several sources be it online or via data being scrubbed. The lead gen company will obviously then sell it later as aged data.

So it boils down to speed and then the skill of the closer. I'm asking if any of the leadgen companies out there are worth the investment in purchasing their leads.

From what i've seen good leads cost $40-60 and you can buy lists for far less. In-house marketing and SEO services take a long time to come to fruition although well worth the investment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Member Reputation points: 10 thejonesman's Avatar

I am a lead generator. I'm not going to promote myself to you though. Leads are absolutely worth buying if you get actual exclusives. I know this as a former broker myself who generated his own leads. The thing is if you get opt-in leads actively seeking working capital right then and there your close rates will be much better. BUT, to be really successful with them you should be in a position to contact the lead within 5 mins of receiving it. The leads interest in your offering goes down exponentially every minute after that. And you don't want to give them time to search around and contact others before they hear from you. Hope this helps!

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

you need to learn and understand how they are getting there leads and what they advertising , more than the exclusivity .a some companies are buying from other lead companies and selling over and over that you will get guys that say i filled out one request and have already been called 6 times . someone i got off this site was advertising do to a new trump law you can borrow money for free . yes he did not resell the leads but how much is that worth?
    if they have a call center , those work for a small shop otherwise your better off running your own campaign .

Yes we have a very cost effective call center. Well trained guys using good dialer software hitting above 400 contacts a day per seat. On expensive leads we would transfer to the closer who has several years experience in the MCA. Cheaper aged leads would go to the dialers who would sift through the garbage. Were in the process of putting together an in-house lead generation program but im sure that will take time and a long ball game. Just looking at bridging the gap and being competitive in a saturated market.

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

They are all crap. Stick to doing it yourself and find your niche

Senior Member Reputation points: 84417

Organic SEO is the best method - BUT it is not a light switch solution.
    Take advantage of the new Domain Extensions and Sub-Domains.

A good resource - SEO PowerSuite
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111