Experiment Completed
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 15507

Experiment Completed

A year ago I opened an email with a google voice number, acting like a local shop (Mikesautoshop@gmail.com) and applied online through three lending websites. I saved the password and disconnected the google voice number. One year later here's my results:

1700 emails - most of them with "pre-approvals" for Mike's auto shop
    430 voicemails - most of them with "follow ups" on Mike's loan options

All from 3 applications. I'm thinking, imagine if mike would accept all his "pre-approvals", @ 1.49s, what the money would be up to.. (It's like 1700 x 1.49 plus renewals..)
    High risk paper

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightAdvance View Post
    A year ago I opened an email with a google voice number, acting like a local shop (Mikesautoshop@gmail.com) and applied online through three lending websites. I saved the password and disconnected the google voice number. One year later here's my results:

All from 3 applications. I'm thinking, imagine if mike would accept all his "pre-approvals", @ 1.49s, what the money would be up to.. (It's like 1700 x 1.49 plus renewals..)

Thanks for sharing. That's pretty interesting. Experience tells me that all these voicemails and emails will continue.

I ran a similar experiment in July 2010. The last time I was contacted about that specific web form I filled out was in October 2017, more than 7 years later. Some people never give up.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50201

I used to put my number on all of my Apps but I have stopped because my phone used to ring all day from brokers.

Karen37a
    A lot of us have had similar experiences, but by the first 2 weeks in the industry sat down and tried to figure out a way around this. To protect our personal commission, the merchant from abusive phone calls and excessive unnecessary( illegal) hits on their credit and merchants from being tempted to overextend and default.

When you get down to the nitty-gritty and figure it all out like a chess game. It doesn't help with "peace of mind" because you see the con game coming in advance and you learn to not trust anyone..until time and good business prove otherwise.

Some learn how to lock down the merchant.

The worst part is not just the passing of the file, it's passing before the so-called 7-14 days or a company paying someone else at the close or no one at all.Some people may think ...its ok you win some you lose some. I don't feel that way.

People giving advice to blanket shop out a file for lower rate was the worst advice given known to mankind...trying to force the idea down peoples throat...experienced ones. Wasnt the greatest idea either.I tried to counter...you see the result. Enter stage 3

( this is the part where flying bats come out of the sky and I get a phone call or 3, then my credibility gets attacked to try to dismantle my valid argument or facts ...save it people are tried of it and see thru it)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 01-22-2018 at 08:12 AM. Reason: add**

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

wow i am very curious who the 3 were are they people who sell leads? i filled out on 8 sites 18 months ago and only got about 100 emails and about 40 voicemail . no where near the numbers you got

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

This has Lendio written all over it.

also i filled out on 8 and only got emails from 9 different people . meaning only one was sent to only one more person .

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    This has Lendio written all over it.
    ah huh...lol

West coast if you really do not know whats going on around you...I am shocked.

Edit. Maybe it's like playing chess and some can see many moves ahead and some can see only 3 moves.

Just like someone totally different offering venture capital...then asking for a deposit ( which is raising the capital to then Ponzi scheme it)

maybe I've seen too much for too long so I can spot it quickly...no other explanation...baffles me
    Last edited by Karen37a; 01-22-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

So what was the lesson learned from your experiment? That this is a very competitive industry?
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    West coast,

The only thing I can think of for being a reason some know the inner mechanisms is the Fiduciary Responsibility or Duty that was imposed on Brokers who were regulated.We knew that we were ultimately responsible for the clients well being ( by law) and responsible for their losses if not suitable and they lose money.

For that reason...some of us broke down the investments into the smallest of particles thru quantitive analysis to understand completely. That and an insatiable hunger for knowledge... also giving loans from the underwriting side and also insurance underwriting being responsible for losses on the Companies we represented as well.

An insurance structure "master general agent" is like a Super Iso, being able to appoint "isos" or General Agents at 100% commission creating independent brick and mortar offices, we also held a Federal charter for loans so all the compliance that went with that was burned into our brains.

Maybe that's the difference...been there done that a few times, so we see it coming...some think some peoples resumes are fake

Bottom line....maybe you do not know. I thought you and a few others were just playing along pretending not to know. I guess I misjudged you and a few others ...you are really not in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    West coast,

The only thing I can think of for being a reason some know the inner mechanisms is the Fiduciary Responsibility or Duty that was imposed on Brokers who were regulated.We knew that we were ultimately responsible for the clients well being ( by law) and responsible for their losses if not suitable and they lose money.

For that reason...some of us broke down the investments into the smallest of particles thru quantitive analysis to understand completely. That and an insatiable hunger for knowledge... also giving loans from the underwriting side and also insurance underwriting being responsible for losses on the Companies we represented as well.

An insurance structure "master general agent" is like a Super Iso, being able to appoint "isos" or General Agents at 100% commission creating independent brick and mortar offices, we also held a Federal charter for loans so all the compliance that went with that was burned into our brains.

Maybe that's the difference...been there done that a few times, so we see it coming...some think some peoples resumes are fake

Bottom line....maybe you do not know. I thought you and a few others were just playing along pretending not to know. I guess I misjudged you and a few others ...you are really not in the loop.
    huh what does this have to do with the Experiment ?

odss are the "lead" was sold over and over on spread sheets and the calls are people have never even come close to seeing the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    huh what does this have to do with the Experiment ?
    No one knows.

Karen37a
    No one knows.

Meaning this wasn't an"experiment" ....people told you this for years and some of us knew it from day 2 in the business

We figured out what some lawsuits were about BEFORE anyone else and said "not me" and avoided certain companies while they tried bother us.

This is why I do not like training certain people...no street smarts

Takes street smarts and book smarts to make it

Meaning this wasn't an"experiment" ....people told you this for years and some of us knew it from day 2 in the business

We figured out what some lawsuits were about BEFORE anyone else and said "not me" and avoided certain companies while they tried bother us.

This is why I do not like training certain people...no street smarts

Takes street smarts and book smarts to make it
    Ohh

Karen37a
    I am not responding anymore...this is how people got told on the phone.

"do you realize I have a computer science degree ...algorithms and economics and I am from wall st and can be a Quant"

Whats a Quant

Rocket scientist of wall st....click

I am not responding anymore...this is how people got told on the phone.

"do you realize I have a computer science degree ...algorithms and economics and I am from wall st and can be a Quant"

Whats a Quant

Rocket scientist of wall st....click
    Keep going

Karen37a
    Keep going
    lol doody frank...boo