High Approval Came with "Max Upsell" Restriction
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 1393

Hey guys,

First off, I really appreciate everyone's response. Proud to see a like-minded group here that can look out for each other.

To reiterate - there was nothing wrong with the structure of the deal that should have restricted our commission. I just think it happened to be so large a deal that the funder did not want to add further debt to the deal already that big. But it should all be relative and proportionate, of course.

Once confronting the lender, they took off the restriction and have been otherwise cooperative and helpful. I'm sure they realized we had other options.

I would just caution all the other ISO's out there to stand your ground. It's not as if we have a union so coming here to report these issues is a good asset.

JSL23 - thanks for telling it straight. I think I am going to start a thread on what we ISO's need to start incorporating into our agreements with these lenders. I don't have the time to deal with the BS from deal to deal.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quickfunder View Post

JSL23 - thanks for telling it straight. I think I am going to start a thread on what we ISO's need to start incorporating into our agreements with these lenders. I don't have the time to deal with the BS from deal to deal.
    This sounds like a noble cause in theory.

However

If you are not submitting volume or have a stronghold form which to fight back, that MCA will simply tell you to kick rocks

when negotiating, come from a position of strength.. Otherwise, you just come across as a trouble maker and a whiner

Anyway, my two cents.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1393

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    This sounds like a noble cause in theory.

However

If you are not submitting volume or have a stronghold form which to fight back, that MCA will simply tell you to kick rocks

when negotiating, come from a position of strength.. Otherwise, you just come across as a trouble maker and a whiner

Anyway, my two cents.
    The irony of that, Chambo, is no one wants to submit after being stepped on. There's plenty of lenders out there now that are happy to take on new business. We need standard practices that range from this issue to exclusivity on first submission, same comm. for renewals, etc. It's a long list.