Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
Guys..on a side note ..it seems merchants are shopping for capital like NEVER before!! ? anyone know whats going on ? ! last week was quieter and record submissions for a friday and yesterday was a mad RUSH and my uw's are saying the quality is really good !
Coupe of reasons:
-The Holidays are over and everyone is back focused on their business.
-Banks have pulled back a bit as there are more and more problem children raising their heads. Translation-the desperation to deploy capital over the last few years is now causing issues as some lenders/finance companies used aggressive formulas and companies are finding themselves in bank work-out.
-A good friend whom I have worked with in the past works for a boutique advisory firm in the North East. They are a 12 person shop that typically works on 6-8 assignments at a time. Most of their clients have lending relationships with super-regional banks and are in work out. My friend's firm is usually hired to help make operational improvements, refinance the Company, or help them with strategic alternatives. Again, they normally work on 6-8 assignments at a time. Towards the end of the year they found themselves with 28 assignments from banks.
-The dumpster is smoldering......