Cryptocurrencies?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Crazy times indeed, when a 100% gain in 2 weeks sounds like amateur hour... I bought a $1K worth of ETC on April 17th 2021 @ $43.64, and today May 5th 2021 it hit a high of day of $149.

I am really pondering leveraging my credit score against financing an Antminer E9 ASIC for Ethereum Mining. I could get 18 months 0% interest financing.

The Antminer E9 supposedly will produce up to 3 gigahashes per second (3000mhs), power efficiency of 0.85 J/M, and power consumption of 2556W. Those specs, at today's ETH prices would profit about $6500 per month. ( use the eth profit calculator at
    https://etherscan.io/ether-mining-calculator to see the numbers for yourself.) The Antminer E9 will cost $20K to $30k. So in only about 6 months I could repay the CC back in full. But at 0% interest for 18 months why would I... It would be better to take the profits and buy an additional E9 in instead. By the time 18 months roll around I would have more then enough profits to pay off the CC in full..

Damn that looks like a great plan, lol!
    Last edited by Winning; 05-06-2021 at 09:25 AM.