Christmas Present: Free Underwriting Tip for ISOs
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 12169

Christmas Present: Free Underwriting Tip for ISOs

Something look funky on the bank statements? Check the metadata on PDFs before you submit.

1) Open file and press CRTL+D
    2) Look at a few data points: creator, creation date, modified date, application used, and PDF Producer.

You can infer different things from what these data points tell you. Sometimes it will be immediately clear that the info is forged.

Hopefully if reps start looking at this more it will cut down Funders time spent looking at bogus files and save ISOs phone time when dealing with fraudsters!!

Member Reputation points: 1348

Another tip:

If Banks are downloaded directly from the merchant's bank the document properties should show:

Wells Fargo: TrilliCom LCC as the Author & TRCA2P14 as the PDF Producer
    Chase: PDF Producer - OpenText Output Transformation Engine
    Bank of America: PDF Producer: TargetStream StreamEDS
    Key Bank: Author: "Registered to: KEYSVC"
    US Bank: Producer: 303j Linux
    Capital One: Producer: CrawfordTech PDF Driver Version 4.0

it's also safe to say that if the merchant's name is listed under Author & the PDF producer is Microsoft Print to PDF then they are probably fake.
    Director of Underwriting
    The LCF Group (Last Chance Funding)
    info@thelcfgroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

This is excellent stuff.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

Good tips but if thats what we used to underwrite files .. When dialing my phone you would hear the following message "this number is no longer in service"
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Good tips but if thats what we used to underwrite files .. When dialing my phone you would hear the following message "this number is no longer in service"
    Because your defaults would be so low you would have already retired, right?

Senior Member Reputation points: 49585 CraaaCraaa Radio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kristenmferrara View Post
    Another tip:

If Banks are downloaded directly from the merchant's bank the document properties should show:

Wells Fargo: TrilliCom LCC as the Author & TRCA2P14 as the PDF Producer
    Chase: PDF Producer - OpenText Output Transformation Engine
    Bank of America: PDF Producer: TargetStream StreamEDS
    Key Bank: Author: "Registered to: KEYSVC"
    US Bank: Producer: 303j Linux
    Capital One: Producer: CrawfordTech PDF Driver Version 4.0

it's also safe to say that if the merchant's name is listed under Author & the PDF producer is Microsoft Print to PDF then they are probably fake.
    With the rise of fraudulent doctored bank statements being submitted on a regular, Premier Capital & Kristen just provided some A Grade information which should be well documented.

These merchants are being very creative with fraudulent doctored statements and even fake zero balance letters as well to put on top it!!!

Thanks for sharing Kristen
    Disclaimer
    This message brought to you by
    :

CraaaCraaa Radio

http://debanked.com/merchant-cash-ad...nce-directory/

World of MCA
    E.V.P Business Development

Karen37a
    This is a good tip. ( but real criminals can backdate their computer dates and still forge it)...but this saves wasted time talking with someone....next !

I've even zoomed in on bank statements ( I actually print them then shred sometimes) and saw atm withdrawals ...$20.38 ...$7.36

This is a Fun business....Merry Christmas, Happy New Year !!!!
    Last edited by Karen37a; 12-22-2017 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typos **

Senior Member Reputation points: 11170

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    This is a good tip. ( but real criminals can backdate their computer dates and still forge it)...but this saves wasted time talking with someone....next !

I've even zoomed in on bank statements ( I actually print them then shred sometimes) and saw atm withdrawals ...$20.38 ...$7.36

This is a Fun business....Merry Christmas, Happy New Year !!!!
    An actual criminal or someone seeking to send you bank statements that are fake, would simply make the fake statements, print, and re scan, and you wouldn't really be able to tell.

Tons of isos submit doctored deals. Tax guard that @$$$$ like greenbox does.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by johndough17 View Post
    An actual criminal or someone seeking to send you bank statements that are fake, would simply make the fake statements, print, and re scan, and you wouldn't really be able to tell.

Tons of isos submit doctored deals. Tax guard that @$$$$ like greenbox does.

There are other ways to doctor documents but I will not print for the world to see and then try it ( and I am sure they know).

yes the reprinted rescanned documents can hide it...but then when you do not see one at all...you know it wasn't the original downloaded from the online bank account.

50% of the merchants are so busy they either give you their passwords and ask you to download the statements for them, or they have their assistant or accountant do it.

Then their i decision logic etc... I think they just gave a tip so people /isos doing due diligence/pre underwriting document collection; can cut and run on some files before they get to the funder backend underwriting and not hold out hope for commission and waste time.

Senior Member Reputation points: 11887 KINGCASH's Avatar

ISOs who operate this way are just wasting time on getting a deal killed and if they get it through, wonderful. However, they are killing their relationships with solid lenders and will just drive themselves out of business by trying to make a quick buck. Waste of time. As the saying goes, and I always stick by, honesty is the best policy.

There is so much out there. If you actually put in the fn work, you get so much back in return. All the fraudsters out there- STOP KILLING THE FN REPUTATION! GO OUT HUSTLE AND MAKE FN $$$$$!!!!!

P.s. You'll feel better by actually achieving success.

Happy holidays all.

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Decision Logic is just gonna kill it anyway. Its just a matter of when it gets killed.