Is GBR going out of business?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Been seeing and hearing a lot about GBR going out of business? Is that the case? I see most of the employees work from home now and they have been doing renewals and not paying on them (or at least that's what I see). Anyone else experiencing that or seeing that?

Member Reputation points: 1204

Quote Originally Posted by Jared_Weitz View Post
    Been seeing and hearing a lot about GBR going out of business? Is that the case? I see most of the employees work from home now and they have been doing renewals and not paying on them (or at least that's what I see). Anyone else experiencing that or seeing that?
    I believe they are no longer utilizing in-house sales reps, but rather relying on their network of ISO partners. That said, I haven't heard anything about them closing their doors.

Quote Originally Posted by DirectMedia_Scott View Post
    I believe they are no longer utilizing in-house sales reps, but rather relying on their network of ISO partners. That said, I haven't heard anything about them closing their doors.
    I think when employees start job hunting and there are none working in an office atmosphere so much as remotely it means winding down but who knows.

Senior Member Reputation points: 13596 isaacdstern's Avatar

The not paying on the renewals is typical of the way BFS does business and lets face it we all know GBR is owned by BFS.

Quote Originally Posted by isaacdstern View Post
    The not paying on the renewals is typical of the way BFS does business and lets face it we all know GBR is owned by BFS.

You're right Isaac, I also really hate the whole "penny wise and dollar foolish" approach they take to each time. Such a disappointment.

they waited till we had a huge renewal for a $35,000 commission to cancel our agreement on a technicality...to date they are the only company to ever screw us out of a commission

they waited till we had a huge renewal for a $35,000 commission to cancel our agreement on a technicality...to date they are the only company to ever screw us out of a commission
    They funded a 250k deal on me this Tuesday, we don't do any business and haven't in years but I had a handful of merchant who renew. I emailed over and asked if I was owed anything, everyone played dumb until I sent over the contracts (we had been in touch with the merchant" and now we are getting the run-around. Unfortunately it's so typical of them. Similarly UCS has never had this issue anywhere else.

no shocker there Jared, word on the street is both GBR and BFS are on the way out...lets see what happens

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

no shocker there Jared, word on the street is both GBR and BFS are on the way out...lets see what happens
    California lawsuit finally caught up to them? Cathy was so adamant about defending herself too.

I spoke to Konop the day I heard Syracuse left, I told him to call me on any renewals a week later they funded a 500k renewal and cut commission my commission to 1% no call from anyone, shady. I sent an email to mark glazer, still waiting to hear back.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

wow it definitely sounds like something is going on. This is not your typical random "they funded my deal and didn't pay me" thread.

Same thing here stopped using them a year ago. Decided not to pay me on 150K renewal because they thought I was shopping the merchant. Couldn't reach Wynter for 3 days than finally got word from Syracuse "it's over his head" since then have received 2 deposits <$400 I assume this is 1% of something lol.....

Wow this is crazy news, meanwhile I have a huge approval pending now over 700k with BFS , do I really need to worry about getting paid if i close it ?

Banned Reputation points: 123

You can consider BFS gbr parent I wouldn't worry.

Banned Reputation points: 123

Unless they are being sold because they have been on the seller's block for some time.

Bfs is up for sale and has been for some time, I guess the numbers don't make sense or someone would have bought them by now

Quote Originally Posted by samkota View Post
    I spoke to Konop the day I heard Syracuse left, I told him to call me on any renewals a week later they funded a 500k renewal and cut commission my commission to 1% no call from anyone, shady. I sent an email to mark glazer, still waiting to hear back.
    Almost a mirrored story to mine Kota, at least I am not the only one but that's not comforting seeing as how a bunch of us are being hurt now........

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie.deangelis View Post
    Wow this is crazy news, meanwhile I have a huge approval pending now over 700k with BFS , do I really need to worry about getting paid if i close it ?

I would def worry man, sounds like this is happening to everyone.