Quote Originally Posted by freddy View Post
The way I look at it - Brokers are an integral part of our success - their ability to bring deals to the table which we would not have seen only opens the doors to more opportunity.
As for the internet - it has solved many issues and made our world much smaller - for better and for worse.
But service industries are better served by human beings than by icons, cursors or automated information. For example.
Last year in January I was in Las Vegas for a marketing conference. I was scheduled to leave on a Tuesday morning. The flights were all cancelled due to an impending storm.
I needed to re-book myself - I went online, the flights were all booked or were going Las vegas to Chicago (In january? Are you kidding?) Las Vegas to Dallas...five hour layover - it was a mess.
Finally I decided to call my old travel agent, Whiz Travel. Within five minutes I received my e-ticket in my email inbox with an aisle seat! The flight was sold out but one seat had opened up which I never would have seen on the internet. I got to the airport and the flight was overbooked and several people were given vouchers to take a later flight.
I stayed in my seat and in 5 hours I was in JFK airport.
My point?
Our business is about service - brokers - the good brokers will always been an asset to a private funder like mine. We pay extra commissions for the top ISO/Brokers as a thank you.

In the end only the strong will survive - all the stackers and pretenders will be in another industry trying to mess that up - we are here to stay. ISOs are welcomed.
and what funder would that be?