Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
Then that's further confirmation (in my opinion) that they shouldn't take out any further alternative funding (for right now).

For example, he stacked 3 times, what was the reason for all of those stacks? Is the business going through some sort of difficulty? Is he going to stack on the 12 month 1.65 deal next, but only this time his house is on the line, so when he "falls behind again" I'm going to have to hear about how his family is being put out on the street?

Nope, I wouldn't do the deal.
Here's an example of a deal I am working on:

- Borrower has 9 cash advances between the 4 companies they own.
- They use the advances to buy product at a heavy discount, resell in bulk at a significant markup, and recycle the funded capital back into more product.
- We have offered $750,000 to pay off 6 of their 9 cash advances, which will lower their payment by $300,000 per month.
- Our cost of capital is significantly lower than the 6 cash advances we are paying off.
- We are funding the deal with a 2nd position lien against their primary residence.

No one else can do this in the hard money OR the MCA space, and it will benefit the client massively. The broker is also making enough to buy a house in certain states. It is a viable product with huge utility. I understand some people do not understand our product VS On Deck, CAN, or BFS... and truly, they aren't our competitors. We are not fighting for that segment of the market.

John, you know I have respect for you. You are a knowledgeable individual in the space and understand a variety of products you can ethically guide your borrowers towards. Our product CAN be a useful armament in that endeavor. In many cases, I will FLAT OUT TELL my brokers... "Dude, just take this deal to On Deck. The borrower qualifies for their product and they will fund it faster."