LOC Needed Behind Recently Closed SBA
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

LOC Needed Behind Recently Closed SBA

I'm looking for a direct lending source that can provide a LOC behind an SBA without needing a subordination from the SBA.

Any advice/referrals would be greatly appreciated my fellow funding pioneers!!

Senior Member Reputation points: 227860

Bluevine comes in behind an SBA.
    I also sent you a PM with a great resource that can do it.

Member Reputation points: 112

We can. Give me a call.

Dean Rose
    LQD Business Finance
    Structured, Transparent, and Affordable Business Financing
    | d. (312) 444-0557 | o. (855) 402-2077 | f. (855) 491-0797
    | a. 329 West 18th Street, Suite 601, Chicago, IL 60616
    | w. lqdfinance.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 68233

Quote Originally Posted by DeanR View Post
    We can. Give me a call.

Dean Rose
    LQD Business Finance
    Structured, Transparent, and Affordable Business Financing
    | d. (312) 444-0557 | o. (855) 402-2077 | f. (855) 491-0797
    | a. 329 West 18th Street, Suite 601, Chicago, IL 60616
    | w. lqdfinance.com

With all due respect Dean, there was a time not too long ago that I would send deals over to George and your group. There never seemed to be any rhyme or reason to what was approved and what was declined. I'm talking first position UCC deals with Guarantor FICO scores over 700. I would then see some of the deals your group approved on other balance sheets and I would scratch my head. Other Brokers on the Blog actually wondered if you ever approved any deals?

Truth is there is a dearth of folks writing monthly payment paper (even if the rates are in the 18-25% plus range). If you guys are writing deals- and not wasting the time of the folks here- I'm sure there is business to be forwarded your way.

Richard 516 510 3855

rg@businesscapitalconsultants.com

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Quote Originally Posted by RichardGerard View Post
    With all due respect Dean, there was a time not too long ago that I would send deals over to George and your group. There never seemed to be any rhyme or reason to what was approved and what was declined. I'm talking first position UCC deals with Guarantor FICO scores over 700. I would then see some of the deals your group approved on other balance sheets and I would scratch my head. Other Brokers on the Blog actually wondered if you ever approved any deals?

Truth is there is a dearth of folks writing monthly payment paper (even if the rates are in the 18-25% plus range). If you guys are writing deals- and not wasting the time of the folks here- I'm sure there is business to be forwarded your way.

Richard 516 510 3855

Just because YOU don't get it, I mean... come on LQD is Legit.

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Richard 516 510 3855

Do you routinely underwrite files? Are you pulling credit/background reports? Or just going of a Number and Bank Statements? There is Obviously Underwriting Guidelines, take the time to understand them.

Senior Member Reputation points: 68233

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post

Do you routinely underwrite files? Are you pulling credit/background reports? Or just going of a Number and Bank Statements? There is Obviously Underwriting Guidelines, take the time to understand them.
    Yeah.. Ok Ryan... I've been Underwriting and writing my own deals for several years, and I do know C and I Underwriting guidelines from Major Commercial Banks to Asset Based Lenders, Mezzanine Debt, PE, Hedge Funds and even Royalty Funds. Do you? You sure you want to go down this road with me??? How many millions of dollars did you originate in the last 23 months? Is it over $40 million?

Listen, you may have had success placing with LQD- and that's all well and good. My experience with that group has been challenging to say the least with a moving target approval box, and no real consistent reasons why deals were turned down. I also mentioned that if they have changed their perspective there is a need for what they allege to provide. As for 'getting it' think you're mistaken.

Should you wish to continue this conversation, please feel free to contact me directly at 516 510 3855.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Yeah.. Ok Ryan... I've been Underwriting and writing my own deals for several years, and I do know C and I Underwriting guidelines from Major Commercial Banks to Asset Based Lenders, Mezzanine Debt, PE, Hedge Funds and even Royalty Funds. Do you? You sure you want to go down this road with me??? How many millions of dollars did you originate in the last 23 months? Is it over $40 million?

Listen, you may have had success placing with LQD- and that's all well and good. My experience with that group has been challenging to say the least with a moving target approval box, and no real consistent reasons why deals were turned down. I also mentioned that if they have changed their perspective there is a need for what they allege to provide. As for 'getting it' think you're mistaken.

Should you wish to continue this conversation, please feel free to contact me directly at 516 510 3855.
    Just to add a comment.... I enjoy working with Richard as his deals are pretty buttoned up before they hit my desk.

KH
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Member Reputation points: 112

Richard 516 510 3855

Richard,

Most of the deals that are submitted to us, are not approved. However, this is not an indication of any inability to fund. We are, and have been, approving deals. There is no set formula on the "right" deal for us, as we are not a bank and do not have a strict set of criteria to be met. Additionally, since we hold the loans on our balance sheet, we have to consider things like portfolio allocation, risk tolerance, etc. Lastly, I would say that even though a company may look good on paper "first position UCC deals with Guarantor FICO scores over 700," this does not mean that it is necessarily a good deal. Since we offer longer terms, we have to consider both short- and long-term debt, asset quality, even management.

I hope this addresses some of the issues you may have had Richard. I am happy to discuss this further.

Dean 312-444-0557
    deanrose@lqdfinance.com
    Last edited by DeanR; 12-05-2017 at 04:41 PM.