california licensing - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Stop being so difficult, Karen.
    lol

yeah. Next they are going to ask how to photoshop someone else's Calif approved loan documents and there will be a debate between adobe and the free versions

and it will be choped up like a chop shop saying "loan" on parts and "advance" on others

lotta drama to fund 1 taco stand per quarter
    Last edited by Karen37a; 11-10-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Karen commenting on CFLL is like writing a yelp review for a restaurant you've never eaten in. "I haven't eaten at Bob's Big Steakhouse but I did have a steak and eggs at Denny's once and I thought it was too chewy. If I could give 0 stars, I would."

Karen37a
    Stocks and Bonds have more regulations. I also was a Mortgage Broker with a team, insurance team.

Most People should not venture down that road unless they have serious volume to justify it and my contention is, if you had that serious volume you might already have a lawyer and advisors. Or know how to do it yourself

In this business everyone thinks its best to try to be the head honcho ...you will find out why I am right 2/3 years down the road

anyway ...off for the weekend have fun
    Last edited by Karen37a; 11-10-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Karen asks for a fork when she goes out for sushi

Karen37a
    shill

Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

Good to know i'm not the only one who wants to pull whatever hair i have left out reading these threads lol

sorry don't get on here that often-

karen offered to personally assist me for free, she said shes not that busy and has a lot of free time, wont be able to troll on here as much though while shes helping me

actually found someone on this forum using the search
    Liz Ritzik

Registration & Administrative Services
    c: (804) 516-3147
    w: registerleaf.com

haven't signed up yet, but sounded like she knows what she's doing when i called so i think i am going to (quoted me $695)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkiclean06 View Post
    Who did you find. I found a few that want to charge 2500 for the service
    meant to reply to this....see above

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    lol

yeah. Next they are going to ask how to photoshop someone else's Calif approved loan documents and there will be a debate between adobe and the free versions

and it will be choped up like a chop shop saying "loan" on parts and "advance" on others

lotta drama to fund 1 taco stand per quarter
    maybe you should start funding other businesses than taco stands then? that seems silly to restrict yourself to that- are you new? thats not even a great industry, especially with the weather impacting the cilantro crops, you must be new

Karen37a
    I will try to make money one day.Thanks for the tips on the taco stands( had no idea about the crops )...ill find a new industry.

I am glad that this person Liza ritzik had the foresight to start a business to capitalize on people who need help with the forms.

My website sucks but I think hers is worse. next round of paperwork and fees, tell her to update it a bit so it looks more

"lawyerly" or more "registered agent" feel "surety bond" like.

I wish you well in your future endeavors. I do hope you do well and make a killing in Calif.

__
    And nothings free, if I offered which I would not...I do not coach, uncoachable

**proved right already
    Last edited by Karen37a; 11-14-2017 at 03:45 PM.

I will try to make money one day.Thanks for the tips on the taco stands( had no idea about the crops )...ill find a new industry.

I am glad that this person Liza ritzik had the foresight to start a business to capitalize on people who need help with the forms.

My website sucks but I think hers is worse. next round of paperwork and fees, tell her to update it a bit so it looks more

"lawyerly" or more "registered agent" feel "surety bond"like.

I wish you well in your future endeavors

**proved right already

i dont think she is claiming to be a lawyer- are you saying this with sarcasm? why shouldnt she capitalize on the market if the market exists? seems like a pretty fundamentally basic business principle to me
    id rather pay someone who has been through the process and have peace of mind than do it myself and worry that i f*ed it up- maybe you have the time to study and research how to do it yourself and fill out forms all day but i'd rather sell another deal-

since your website sucks, did you also do your website yourself? we hired someone that had the foresight to create websites for people who dont know how- its kind of how the world works

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff614 View Post
    i dont think she is claiming to be a lawyer- are you saying this with sarcasm? why shouldnt she capitalize on the market if the market exists? seems like a pretty fundamentally basic business principle to me
    id rather pay someone who has been through the process and have peace of mind than do it myself and worry that i f*ed it up- maybe you have the time to study and research how to do it yourself and fill out forms all day but i'd rather sell another deal-

since your website sucks, did you also do your website yourself? we hired someone that had the foresight to create websites for people who dont know how- its kind of how the world works

Ok Gl to you. Get a referral for the Calif approved forms next.

*****someone call this woman she might have the Master List of all the Isos for Calif. Try to Recruit her into your business or buy the list, I am not large enough in MCA to ever take those people in, if it had been mortgages or Insurance or investments in the past I would have grabbed her and stayed silent*******

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    karen your distracting yourself . my point is that even ten year veterans of this industry need help with the California license, those that have done it know how complicated it was and how long it took .It does not make you a newbie to ask that question.
    True that, such a pain in the ass.

Karen37a
    Just wait until their mandatory 2-3 year audits.

The owner must maintain all records and be familiar with the codes and content of the CFLL.

Get the Manual you must be aware and proficient in all the rules, codes and laws in the Cfll handbook ( even if someone else filled it out). Ill quiz you.

Compliance with marketing, disclosures, applications, operations, and oversight of anyone in your organization. Handling the files and recordkeeping requirements.

Do you have a Compliance officer?

Now you can be pulled into administrative hearings for just a complaint or accusation.I cant see anyone skating thru not being accused of something. In securities, if you were ever accused you must report for the rest of your life just the accusation...even if it never went to court.

( I am one of very very few who never had a mark. Clients complain when they lose money or have to pay back loans that are regulated.They use it as Leverage to cheat you)

Good luck with the false Usuay accusations when they want to default...forget your cojs..done...

Finance and Loans ( audits, continuing education credit) Insurance ( continuing education credits)

Watch the accusations that go flying
    Administrative orders...desist and refrain

You think I took all those boring Financial courses/ compliance voluntarily? I memorized the codes/laws/rules for the hell of it cause I was bored?

YOU let them into the hen house. I am fine

smh
    Last edited by Karen37a; 11-15-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Karen37a
    CFLL does not contain specific financial code sections and regulations to regulate MCAs. However, CFLL regulates consumer and commercial loans. So, MCAs licensed under the CFLL will need to comply with the code sections and regulations that apply to commercial loans,

COMMERCIAL LOANS

I filled the forms out before

Administrative Actions against non compliant rookies and experienced people 1000's of them

http://www.dbo.ca.gov/ENF/List/A/Default.asp

Karen37a
    And this is the last piece of free advice to some of you.

If you are independent. Self-employed. Do not take advice from a banker or inside employee who works for a bank and has the banks money and lawyers and compliance depts , marketing, etc resources behind them

( or sales people who are fed leads, its a different beast)

You have your bank account. and your sweat equity at first .That's it.

Listen to the ones who already went before you ( independent commission only sales people)

good luck finding them now

Senior Member Reputation points: 5036 DiamondBL's Avatar

Our lawyer was really helpful - just the processing times are a little crazy. This was before early 2014 btw.
    Research fees and actual success rate. We had syndicate get pulled thru the ringer with a lawyer that took him on and wasted almost a year of time and refunded 50% of his fees at the end.
    Jonathan Kohanoff
    B.R.E. #01962090

Diamond Business Loans
    Beverly Hills, CA 90211
    jon@diamondbl.com
    www.DiamondBL.com

Karen37a
    Calif is a tough state. I can see them forming class action lawsuits again funders. I've seen them do it before on other financial products.

They will use Judicial Estoppel against you to form the basis of their argument if they find one case thru collections.( just like they dig out Fiduciary to prove other things, even when wrong)

Isos who are small who could never defend against this should leave it to the big boys...or find out the hard way and get bankrupted thru one or two claims.

I am off to vacation...happy thanksgiving all

Senior Member Reputation points: 84403

Quote Originally Posted by jeff614 View Post
    can anybody offer up a contact of someone who assists with the lender licensing process in California
    You do not need a license to sell credit card splits.
    Call me if you are interested.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Calif is a tough state. I can see them forming class action lawsuits again funders. I've seen them do it before on other financial products.

They will use Judicial Estoppel against you to form the basis of their argument if they find one case thru collections.( just like they dig out Fiduciary to prove other things, even when wrong)

Isos who are small who could never defend against this should leave it to the big boys...or find out the hard way and get bankrupted thru one or two claims.

I am off to vacation...happy thanksgiving all
    lol you're something else