Paying Off Yellowstone
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Paying Off Yellowstone

I've seen Fundworks do it once for an otherwise clean file. Anybody actually have Yellow paid off by a funder in a better tier, i.e. no COJ?

I think highly of Isaac on a personal level, and we historically have paid off YS stacks on our customers on a renewal. However we have seen multiple instances recently where we pay off a YS stack, and they re-stack immediately. I've spoken to Isaac, and he doesn't seem to be able to control his sales floor. We are re-evaluating our position on paying off YS, and I suspect other A paper funders may be doing the same. There are other avenues to take also when a stacker knowingly and repeatedly interferes with a first position UCC. You can advise your client they can block the stacker's ACH, for example.

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

^ If you "advise" a "client" to do that, you better damn well know what their contract says the fee will be if they block the ACH. That advice may be the most costly burden the client will carry.

(that being said, a solution to predatory stacking has to evolve into something manageable. Soon er the better.)

Member Reputation points: 10

NO

Max Smith
    Digital Marketing Executive
    DTX Business Solutions

Senior Member Reputation points: 15507

Basically; "I'll pay you off but if you stack me again, I'll make sure the guy defaults".. Nice strategy.
    High risk paper

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Yes, advising a merchant to default is a great way to make sure you aren't stacked again by the merchant.

there are a few first position funders that will not fund a merchant that has a history of being funded with YSC/Mantis and a few others because they have already experienced the re stacking after payoffs.

There is not one funder who funds in 2-5th position that doesn't have the iso call the merchant up same day as they got paid off to get the deal done again. YSC just set the precedent that everyone follows.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3047

still waiting for you midnight advance...

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    I think highly of Isaac on a personal level, and we historically have paid off YS stacks on our customers on a renewal. However we have seen multiple instances recently where we pay off a YS stack, and they re-stack immediately. I've spoken to Isaac, and he doesn't seem to be able to control his sales floor. We are re-evaluating our position on paying off YS, and I suspect other A paper funders may be doing the same. There are other avenues to take also when a stacker knowingly and repeatedly interferes with a first position UCC. You can advise your client they can block the stacker's ACH, for example.
    Will you legally back a merchant that does that or will the stacker just file their coj?