Able Lending
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 6585

Able Lending

Anyone know what happen? Are they now just a broker - web page shows SBA Loans

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by michaelh View Post
    Anyone know what happen? Are they now just a broker - web page shows SBA Loans
    Sure looks like they're brokers.

Senior Member Reputation points: 11553 Eagle Funding's Avatar

No they are not brokers but they make the merchant get a sponsor that puts up 10% for them. I had a merchant who got their MCA paid off by them and then we got them Quarterspot right after (no UCC) as their deal with Able would put them in default if a UCC was filed without their approval. The loan was 4 or 5 years 11%.
    Eagle Funding Group
    Phone: (646) 793-6809
    Email: info@eaglefundinggroup.net
    Web: www.eaglefundinggroup.net

Senior Member Reputation points: 11553 Eagle Funding's Avatar

Forgot to add the same merchant then got Bond Street which made them payoff Quarterspot and they took QS out again and now Bond Street is going under and we are close to renewing the QS again.
    Eagle Funding Group
    Phone: (646) 793-6809
    Email: info@eaglefundinggroup.net
    Web: www.eaglefundinggroup.net

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Funding View Post
    Forgot to add the same merchant then got Bond Street which made them payoff Quarterspot and they took QS out again and now Bond Street is going under and we are close to renewing the QS again.
    They offer SBA loans, lines of credit, invoice financing and cash advances (as per their website). I find it hard to believe they aren't brokering some of that.

Senior Member Reputation points: 24139

They are a legit, honest company and will (their ceo) I have great respect for— and the the brokering question, I think any prime lender that originates directly needs to have a broker channel or u are either improperly placing folks on their capital or not monetizing (if legit) — and if u look at the most successful non-stacking companies around, they broker out either (a) what they can’t fund; or (b) Can get the client the money that is right for that situation. And for (b) the folks I’m thinking of about are universally respected — it’s not a backdoor play. We even have an option for SBA loans on website, but make it very clear it’s through a partner. We just don’t monirise iso leads. But iso Volume is not our distribution source, and we and others like that would be nuts not to try to help them get funded (again, unless an iso deal — then no brokering)

Back to able. Their business model from a loss perspective is brilliant (friends and family carry the first 10% or 15% to 30% loss piece (before able takes any risk), so able effectively is the AAA traunch on a subprime securitization. That said, that’s a hard biz model to scale I bet, if always required Up front. But brilliant as part of a company that offers a suite of products and u then de-risk them significantly by instituting a F&f first lost position to Lower rate.
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    Founder & former CEO of Breakout Capital (sold to SecurCapital in 2019)
    www.breakoutfinance.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

They are a pain to work with when I tried but last time we worked they cut off brokers. They may fund some direct with their investors but No direct funders will do all those types of financing

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

Quote Originally Posted by Cfairbank View Post
    They are a legit, honest company and will (their ceo) I have great respect for— and the the brokering question, I think any prime lender that originates directly needs to have a broker channel or u are either improperly placing folks on their capital or not monetizing (if legit) — and if u look at the most successful non-stacking companies around, they broker out either (a) what they can’t fund; or (b)
    Carl you are right-on that's why so many of the largest funding companies come to us!! (and I'm not just talking advance funding houses)...
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com