Business credit cards
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 1232

Business credit cards

Recommendations on how to go direct for this?

I've gone through Seek Business Capital.

I know of Midwest, I know National Corp Credit and a couple others that offer Business Credit Cards with "LOC capability" -- and seems like a good alternative when merchant has little cash flow, little TIB, no collateral, but a high score, 680+, 720+ (with tradelines)... but they charge 10 pts... only pay out to broker 2-2.5.

a) I take issue with them charging 10pts. (Yes, I know it's better than an MCA costs... )
    b) Lender/broker split seems exorbitantly uneven
    c) There's gotta be a cheaper way to get this done for the merchant?

Any ideas/recommendations or better solutions for business credit cards -- I feel like there's a more direct solutions out there I'm not aware of? - thx.

Senior Member Reputation points: 226125

a) 10 points on 0 APR? Most people prefer paying us/them than the banks. There are lots of costs involved you don't even know about. And most clients not only do they not even qualify, those that do a very small percentage actually go through with funding. Midwest offers full lifetime credit card consulting support, as well, but their initial approvals tend to be smaller.

b) Many let you up-sell. The guy I have in-house will let you up-sell from 7 or 8 points, depending on how big the deal is / volume.

c) You can do it yourself? Also you can send them to Fund & Grow, who charges a flat $3500 fee, but they don't have brokers.

Member Reputation points: 156

I have done some of these for existing clients. I would be happy to give you names of some of the lenders that I have worked with. The important things to know here are, current credit line amounts, utilization, any derogs, borrower state.

In general, I have had great luck with 5/3rd bank if the borrower is located in a state that they are on (when I have done this in the passed, I had to call in with the borrower and apply over the phone). Also, I have had great success at PNC bank, as long as the credit is decent, and utilization is good. Another great recourse is to find out who the ELAN lenders are in your borrowers state. On top of these, I would look at the following cards: Bank of America, Chase Ink Cash for business, Citi business, AMEX Simply Cash for Business. You need to have a strategy and just not apply to all of these. I would look at doing 2-3 of these in one day, and if that does not get you where you need to be, I would contact those 2-3 lenders, and request a credit limit increase. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CFSCCorp View Post
    Recommendations on how to go direct for this?

I've gone through Seek Business Capital.

I know of Midwest, I know National Corp Credit and a couple others that offer Business Credit Cards with "LOC capability" -- and seems like a good alternative when merchant has little cash flow, little TIB, no collateral, but a high score, 680+, 720+ (with tradelines)... but they charge 10 pts... only pay out to broker 2-2.5.

a) I take issue with them charging 10pts. (Yes, I know it's better than an MCA costs... )
    b) Lender/broker split seems exorbitantly uneven
    c) There's gotta be a cheaper way to get this done for the merchant?

Any ideas/recommendations or better solutions for business credit cards -- I feel like there's a more direct solutions out there I'm not aware of? - thx.