tracking deals
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Noob Reputation points: 10

tracking deals

What software do you guys use to keep track of all your deals ?

Senior Member Reputation points: 12878

SQL database I built. Cheaper and easier that way.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5479

Pen and paper and a white board with five different colors

Not even joking in any way

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkiclean06 View Post
    Pen and paper and a white board with five different colors

Not even joking in any way
    You Cant be Funding That much - That quickly becomes impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    Not necessarily, if Nikki is doing that for "deals in the pipeline" and is organized it can be very easy to keep track of a few dozen deals. I use to have magnets I would move across my whiteboard when tracking "deals in progress" where every column is a different step ie docs in, sent to funder, docs out etc. Honestly I still use the white board when I have 20+ deals going on with my guys. Sometimes it is easier to turn your head and look than query a db.

Quote Originally Posted by nrh1lp View Post
    Not necessarily, if Nikki is doing that for "deals in the pipeline" and is organized it can be very easy to keep track of a few dozen deals. I use to have magnets I would move across my whiteboard when tracking "deals in progress" where every column is a different step ie docs in, sent to funder, docs out etc. Honestly I still use the white board when I have 20+ deals going on with my guys. Sometimes it is easier to turn your head and look than query a db.
    Yea a Few Dozen Deals. Average what 4 Month Term, So your gonna keep deals on a whiteboard for 4 months and refi them? then what move up to top of list? I dont understand.

Karen37a
    Yea a Few Dozen Deals. Average what 4 Month Term, So your gonna keep deals on a whiteboard for 4 months and refi them? then what move up to top of list? I dont understand.
    Deals that havent been funded...then they move into a Renewal pipeline usually.

Do not print the name of your deals on a board...Ive seen loonie tunes steal them from each other

^that, once it funds its off the board

I am a 2 man show and I made over 45K in commission this month ( Please tell me more on how much money you have on the street this month ) I also have to 45K contracts out and killing UCC lists

I am a start up and one of the best advices I got from successful business owners is keep the Expenses down and spend money on data and Aquire as many lenders as possible
    Ive been doing this for six years and The old school way of doing things is what I like to keep to and it is what I was taught. I would send a picture of my board but that would be Impractical
    My board is super sick and I spent 150 bucks on it and it already payed for itself. when the month is done I take my time and write all the deals down in a very nice book and I also write down when the renewal will be and that works for me. I really did have a great month this month and it is the most I have ever made in my life and I want to give a shot out to all the starts up out there who couldnt pay your rent or by milk for daughter but never gave up and kept smiling and dialing and kept to the ABCs of sales

Quote Originally Posted by nrh1lp View Post
    I have these little cool emoji magnets Some are crying some are laughing, I have a poop emoji Etc its pretty fire. Sure when my business grows and all that good stuff I will eventually Transition but I will always have a whiteboard. I also have a sick Gong < Anybody on here Gonging hahahahahh

Whiteboard is designed typically for the month because thats really what it is about. The Current month. I have a book I take my time and write deals down and if there are any W9s in there I write that down as well and I also create a google sheet which is free as a backup. I am not a big office over her in Cali. Its me and one other rep who just gets apps and I do the rest

Senior Member Reputation points: 1422

I have these little cool emoji magnets Some are crying some are laughing, I have a poop emoji Etc its pretty fire. Sure when my business grows and all that good stuff I will eventually Transition but I will always have a whiteboard. I also have a sick Gong < Anybody on here Gonging hahahahahh
    We have a captain morgan bell lol

Karen37a
    edit*
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-21-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMFunding View Post
    We have a captain morgan bell lol
    back in the days Capitan Morgan was the go to like Cisco or Boones Farm lol

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

I am a 2 man show and I made over 45K in commission this month ( Please tell me more on how much money you have on the street this month ) I also have to 45K contracts out and killing UCC lists

I am a start up and one of the best advices I got from successful business owners is keep the Expenses down and spend money on data and Aquire as many lenders as possible
    Ive been doing this for six years and The old school way of doing things is what I like to keep to and it is what I was taught. I would send a picture of my board but that would be Impractical
    My board is super sick and I spent 150 bucks on it and it already payed for itself. when the month is done I take my time and write all the deals down in a very nice book and I also write down when the renewal will be and that works for me. I really did have a great month this month and it is the most I have ever made in my life and I want to give a shot out to all the starts up out there who couldnt pay your rent or by milk for daughter but never gave up and kept smiling and dialing and kept to the ABCs of sales
    man-yawning-tired.jpg

Karen37a
    Sometimes it is easier to turn your head and look than query a db.
    I agree with this...I am looking left to the board , right to the board, forward to the board...i thought I was the only one turning my head.

Seeing them helps me keep my sanity and I do not think "what am i forgetting". I have a crm as well and gs and 30 , 60 , 90 day folders and metal file sleeves and colored ones..red, green,

and who ever had the poop emoji board if you can pm me where you got it.. thanks
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-21-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Karen37a
    I do not know how I got "stuck" doing this when I just want to be on the phone.

oh I know how

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    I agree with this...I am looking left to the board , right to the board, forward to the board...i thought I was the only one turning my head.

Seeing them helps me keep my sanity and I do not think "what am i forgetting". I have a crm as well and the google sheets, and 30 , 60 , 90 day folders and metal file sleeves and colored ones..red, green,

and who ever had the poop emoji board if you can pm me where you got it.. thanks
    There magnets and I got them at Michaels arts and crafts

Senior Member Reputation points: 52185 ADiamond's Avatar

If you're looking for a cheap and practical CRM, Streak for gmail works well and is customizable.
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

There magnets and I got them at Michaels arts and crafts
    Ugh. Michaels arts and Crafts along with Joanne's brings back so many boring memories. I learned my lesson tho.

Her: hey, honey, can you come with me to the craft store?
    Me: Sure, give me one minute
    (Sneaks out backdoor, jumps over fence, fends off neighbors 12 pitbulls, runs 1 mile to local bar, grabs a drink while stitching up dog bite wounds)

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Ugh. Michaels arts and Crafts along with Joanne's brings back so many boring memories. I learned my lesson tho.

Her: hey, honey, can you come with me to the craft store?
    Me: Sure, give me one minute
    (Sneaks out backdoor, jumps over fence, fends off neighbors 12 pitbulls, runs 1 mile to local bar, grabs a drink while stitching up dog bite wounds)
    lol

I am not the kinda gal that goes to the craft stores either...id rather go to the car show or boat show, or shopping for new purses..movado watch that I do not need

happy hst is a real person who acts like the wolf of wall sts father in that movie

" why are you buying a new watch you have 5 already that you do not wear, what is wrong with you"
    Last edited by Karen37a; 09-21-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    lol

I am not the kinda gal that goes to the craft stores either...id rather go to the car show or boat show, or shopping for new purses..movado watch that I do not need

happy hst is a real person who acts like the wolf of wall sts father in that movie

" why are you buying a new watch you have 5 already that you do not wear, what is wrong with you"
    Single father with 2 daughters. Going to Michaels is like taking them to Disneyland hahahha

Karen37a
    Single father with 2 daughters. Going to Michaels is like taking them to Disneyland hahahha

awwwww ...watch out..I saw a few female mca brokers with their fish face , low cleavage pictures on LinkedIn and on here

( you did say you made 45k )

We do 2 Million a Month
    When we started as a 3 man show we did 1 mil+ Some months.

Technology is the way to go, Hands down. More Organization, STreamlined process = More time doing what we do best SELLING.

IMO Whiteboards are not practical.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

Google Streak works very well, if your small shop, free and can customize it to keep track of everything. I use it for my own pipeline, but my actual firm uses their own CRM they created.